Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

My thanks for you answering again, The Numen. But my question was directed towards Zephyr, as he spoke as if he knew for certain that the Midnight Armies are resistant to magic. My assumption would be that would be due to the ash.

However, if this should turn out to be not the case, my own domain of Light was quite effective against the Undead minions of the first Ash Lich. Unfortunately my own power was spent by the time the first Ash Lich awoke his legacy, so I was unable to test it upon them. Should these others also be susceptible to my power, I hope to be of service if Argothoth can not claim control over them.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

And yet, you have my thanks, the Numen. That is how I would have answered.

I hope that, as we look down upon Eiran, we will very soon see the Midnight Armies flock to Argothoth, and fall before him. That would end their threat regardless of whether or not they are immune.

Beyond that, I hope Argothoth and the Numen, with whatever the Numen learns about them now, will be able to deal with them.
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Bel wrote:If you intend to save this world, then demonstrate it. Destroy the undead who aided the demon Rothmog, and waged war against this world's saviour - doing so under a banner representing one of your own shards, I have come to understand.
Of course, God of Peace. But i prefer to control them instead to destroy. They could be very useful in our common purpose. If they will not accept my sovereignty, we will find a way to stop them.
I will try to take control over them but i won't use my divine power to achive that result since they are not part of the the Midnight Armies, and i have to focus on them.
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

Control them? To what end? That you may once again grasp Eiran tightly in your fist and declare victory over us all?

You are a traitor and a desecrator of the dead, Argothoth, and I will not stand by and allow you to further harm this wrold.
When you reach a crossroad
Fate is the path you choose to walk
And Fate is the path down which you are thrust
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

i'm sorry to hear those words...
but i can't defend myself against them.
You are right, Anaya, and you spoke the truth.

I'm only asking to have another chance to redeem myself, and the only way i see is helping you all to save Eiran.

the old Argothoth is dead forever, O-gon-cho made a miracle with her love, power and will. I'm a new Argothoth and i'll prove it, just give me a chance.

Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Argothoth, I am happy to call you brother and will assist you in saving Eiran. I, also, am of the Bhakti line and my father's LOVE lives within me. Love will always accept redemption and will assist with second chances.

Yet, there is such a thing as "tough" love. Let us hope I don't have to use that!

Anaya, I beg you to please be patient with Argothoth. I ask that you stand by before you place judgement. I agree that we will not allow Argothoth to take control of Eiran but new ideas, new thoughts, new actions might help us benchmark some ideas to save Eiran that have yet to be tried.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Mirificus Casus
Servant of the Land

Post by Mirificus Casus »

*Head in hands*
The Pantheon Allfather wrote:The Leviathan is defeated in his battle against the Worm, and soon after he is hunted down and slain by a group of adventurers wishing to get themselves a trophy.
Do the ones who aren't my followers ever think about me!?! Or even their own lives!?
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Breathren, similar to the attempt last autumn to seal the cracked crystal in the Shylan by The Unknowable, my attempt to imbue the Icewalls of The Maw with Moonbridge Light came too late. I have learned that should I find the Time to do so while others help stem the tide, the Icewalls will be strengthened. However, at the moment I am in need of dire help to stem the tide of the denizens of the Abyss who are surging from The Maw; I am currently in a stalemate.
You Manifest in Ghalali, then visit the Moonbridge near Illyria, and finally travel to the Maw, where to your horror, tides of Abyss-spawn are pouring out of the crack in the Icewall, rendering your attempts to seal it vain. You attempt to use the light of the Moonbridges to cleanse the spawn, but although they seem to be hurt by it, they do not change their fundamental nature, forcing you and the Radiant Ones to start killing them. This is harder than it sounds, for there seems to be an endless number of them and even with all your power, the losses among the Radiant Ones are staggering. Each slain Abyss-spawn melts into shadows and flows back into the Abyss, its place taken by two of its brethren; it is obvious that you have insufficient power to stem the tide of Abyss-spawn long enough to repair the Icewalls. Another god would be needed, working at your side to stem the tide while you strengthen the Icewalls - which could be done, if the tide were stemmed.
It is my belief we need to find another means of stemming the tide other than killing the spawn, since they appear to double once slain. I am again willing to let Zephyr coordinate any attempts to aid me; while my people desperately need my attention and I am suffering because my attention is elsewhere, I will continue to focus my attention on The Maw until an Abyssal War is averted.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Perhaps now you will pay more heed when I speak of such things, O-gon-cho. We knew that they had already arrived, but you did not wish to believe it.

The Unknowable and The Numen, reality itself is assaulted in the town of Nehutu. I have believed in error that the demonic cult in the city were responsible for recent developments, and only now know the truth of it. If this is not halted, I believe the Abyss itself shall intrude upon our world. I expect that your powers are the most appropriate here.

Argothoth, you would do well to cease pretending. The armies in the cleansed lands serve under your banner, were empowered by strength belonging to you, and now you arrive upon this world right within their midst. They are your armies, your servants. They are abomination. I will accept only their destruction.
Last edited by Bel on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

O-gon-cho wrote:Another god would be needed, working at your side to stem the tide while you strengthen the Icewalls - which could be done, if the tide were stemmed.
We shall always have our differences Lady, but let it never be said my faithful have shrunk from Battle.

I will share this burden with you. I pledge the lives of my armies to this cause. The Impi's shall fight to stem this tide.

Share with me the details of this enemy, and how much power you used to achieve what you have done so far, and I shall offer my plans to halt them in their tracks.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

You assume much, Bel. My actions did take such in to account, otherwise I expect even the battle I am engaged in would not have occurred and the denizens would have freely swarmed from The Maw. Your help in stemming the tide would be appreciated.

My thanks, uKulwa. While I believe you were a bit excessive in retaliation in response to my crusaders last season who I forcibly removed from your lands and placed elsewhere, I appreciate the offer for help.

I have already shared what little I learned regarding this enemy from this past turn. Everything else I know is from what has been shared publicly, including your own information and Bel's that the Icewalls were breached.

I believe the most important things regarding this swarm which I learned this season is that positive energy does not change their fundamental Nature and that "each slain Abyss-spawn melts into shadows and flows back into the Abyss, its place taken by two of its brethren."

I manifested and used all of my power for this battle, calling all of my Radiant Ones to fight with me. We fought with our Light, as I described.
Should the initial attempt to imbue the Icewalls obviously not succeed, I will use my power to stand guard at this bottleneck, and the Radiant Ones and I will attempt to first Heal and reBirth any denizens who breach the Icewall from negative energy and intent to positive energy and intent with the Healing MoonLight of reBirth. Should that fail, we will instead kill any who breach the Icewall. We will burn them with concentrated, burning moonbridge Light.
My thanks to Zephyr for consulting with me regarding this, as it is not my own Nature to plan to kill. I did add the attempt to change the denizens Nature to his guidance, making this action my own.

I know not if any other method of battle against them will be effective, but assume we must engage them using other means to find out.

I also had a minute amount of power [ooc](1 DRP)[/ooc] donated to me by Adventurers; but his attention was divided among several things. It is my hope he may also totally join in this attempt; that is still being negotiated privately at this time.

Whether any others had donated power to me is unknown at this time; I only know of Mirificus Casus' help because he pledged to send his power to me. No mention of his power assisting me was revealed to me as I fought, though I assume it was there.

However, the Divine Right of my Court has also become available. Perhaps the Court will agree to put some, if not all, of the Court's power in to this attempt as well, should it be needed to halt this threat. I would prefer others join with me than call upon the Divine Right; it appears there may be other threats to Eiran which Light should investigate after this battle is ended and the Court's Divine Right may be useful in those endeavors later in the year.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Argothoth, please tell us the Midnight Armies worship you, and we can take them off the list of threats to Eiran!

The Time Reaver, at least, is no longer a threat. And his handiwork is gone from the Timeline. If Koel can find the Time to visit with us, perhaps we'll learn how it all came about. :lol:

For the moment, we have the Bleeds to deal with. I guess we have a more accurate idea of what was in the Shylan and Nocturna. But then, we really don't have any idea at all, do we... The Unknowable and The Numen? Can you give us any information? One simply popped into the mountains of Shaldir. I'm not happy about that. Not merely because it threatens Shakari, but because it seems to have destroyed the Dark Sultan, who might have been able to help us with all these threats.

Also, of course, O-gon-cho has told us about the Icewall. Will any stand with her, and hold off the denizens as she Heals the Icewall?

Mirificus, my mother was Goddess of Adventurers. No, they seem to care nothing for anything. Simply Adventure.
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

My work is complete, and I find it beyond satisfactory. Now is the time, my friends. If you would choose to save your followers rather than risk them to the uncertain outcome of the troubles we face, send them to Magiddo. The... scope of the Arc exceeded my expectations, so star metal will not be strictly necessary unless entire cities' populations plan to immigrate. As O-gon-cho can attest, however, there may be benifits to your followers that such items can provide when joined to the Arc. Mox, your gift was... interesting.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Bel wrote: Argothoth, you would do well to cease pretending. The armies in the cleansed lands serve under your banner, were empowered by strength belonging to you, and now you arrive upon this world right within their midst. They are your armies, your servants. They are abomination. I will accept only their destruction.
Mine was only a proposal, Bel. You see pretending where i see offering.
However, i found that they are my loyal followers and i will leave noptae in peace with them all.
If you will refuse even this proposal, i will ask for the judgment of all the other gods. I won't destroy my own followers as you wouldn't if you were in my place. Can you deny that?
Arcadia wrote:Argothoth, I am happy to call you brother and will assist you in saving Eiran.

---

Anaya, I beg you to please be patient with Argothoth. I ask that you stand by before you place judgement. I agree that we will not allow Argothoth to take control of Eiran but new ideas, new thoughts, new actions might help us benchmark some ideas to save Eiran that have yet to be tried.
Dearest Acadia, I truly appreciate your words. I will join with you in asking Anaya to withold judgement regarding me for now.
Zephyr wrote:Argothoth, please tell us the Midnight Armies worship you, and we can take them off the list of threats to Eiran!
Unfortunately, brother, I can not answer whether the Midnight Armies will bow to my will. I have yet to contact the armies. I will go to Virelle and will attempt to gain control of the Midnight Armies. For now, we do not know if it will work until I try...

O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Simjen wrote:As O-gon-cho can attest, however, there may be benifits to your followers that such items can provide when joined to the Arc. Mox, your gift was... interesting.
:hearts:

I will never leave my home, but this gift from when the Dragon Crown was merged in to the Arc is both unexpected and willingly embraced. May those who choose to enter the Arc be blessed by their presence...
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

All. I have received news from The Numen.

First, to put a couple of questions about Mox to rest... Mox was, as far as can be determined, alone with the Allfather in the Mists. And Mox wept. Many of you know my theory that another was speaking through Mox. Possibly my father, or Vashitva, or... Who can say? Now that that seems to not be the case, I cannot imagine why I have been called to lead. But I will continue to do so, as best I can.

The source of the fiery darkness flowing brightly into the Shylan Desert is a crack in the fabric of reality, from which this power flows endlessly; creatures that appear to be made of the same substance, yet have a vaguely humanoid form and emerald green eyes, continuously gnaw at the edges of the crack to widen it.

He was also looking into something called the Day of Fire. It was assumed it would be a meteor shower. But he now has the strong feeling that it will, instead, be a conflagration which will burn the whole of Eiran, and that it will come soon - unless steps are taken to prevent it.

These two things could easily be related. The Bleeds are a Fire, or sorts. At least they can be viewed that way. If their growth is not stopped, they will burn the whole of Eiran. And if they are not the Fire in question, then, if they are not stopped, they will make any Fire unnecessary. So let's stop them, shall we?

How do we stop the humanoids from gnawing at the edges? Can we chase them away? Can The Unknowable transport the denizens to them, so the two fight each other? Can we make Eiran unpalatable to them?

Can we heal the fabric of reality, as Norn did in the Second Age? She was Magic - The Unknowable is Magic - Anaya is Norn's daughter - Simjen's Nail's were a part of Norn's work? I believe we have a good combination here!!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

All excellent questions, Zephyr.

For now, until a different plan that addresses the denizens of The Maw is definitely decided upon, I will continue to plan to battle them as they scale the cracked Icewalls. If this is what I continue to do, it is my hope others will still join with me to stem the tide, so I may attempt to strengthen the Icewalls.

But let us decide on our course before actions must be taken, so efforts are not wasted.
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Put your effort into strengthening the Ice Walls.

Leave Battle to those whose lifes blood it is.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

*bows*

My thanks, uKulwa.
My hope is yet others will choose to aid you in fighting the swarm while I strengthen the Icewalls.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Argothoth, I do indeed deny that. In fact, I can state unequivocally that any worshipper of mine who chose to act in direct opposition to my purpose - as has your army, and as have the followers of my own that your army has corrupted - I would quite willingly destroy.

Those followers of mine who even now dedicate themselves to this final apocalypse, the scouring clean of this world, must understand that by doing so they doom themselves. If their worship is pure, then they will accept their own annihilation when the time comes. If it is not, then they are all the more deserving of it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Return to “Pantheon”