Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

jelerak
Bloodguard

ASOIAF Trailer

Post by jelerak »

Only if...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=szQ-ZhVxZSU

I knew that this would get your attention!!!

Actually it seemed to capture many aspects of the series.
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

BAH! You are a cruel, heartless and merciless individual. ;)

-B
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

ASoIaF needs a mini-series or something like the HBO series Rome. You'd need many hours--more than a trilogy of movies could to devote--to capture the immensity of Martin's saga. If they could just capture the characters, the gritty, violent tone and imbue it with a historical rather than high fantasy style, then we'd have a masterpiece on our hands.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

That'll be why they're making it as an HBO miniseries, then. :P
Mortice Root
Bloodguard

Post by Mortice Root »

Murrin, is that HBO series finalized? I thought they had just optioned it and were in "discussions". I hope it goes through, cause I think they could really do a great job.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I hope it goes through as well, but HBO is far from finalizing it for production. I doubt they will, actually, because Rome didn't do well in the ratings. If something as familiar as Julius Caesar can't find an audience, I doubt HBO will want to market a fantasy series that, while known within its genre, is not mainstream.

And even if every ASoIaF reader tuned in to the show, that'd still be dismally low. They're going to have to tap into a wide base of casual viewers--maybe appeal to the LOTR hysteria created by Jackson's adaptation. Just hope they don't water down the low-magic, realistic feel of the book with too much high fantasy
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

That looked cool.
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Per George HIMSELF: (as of Dec 17th)
Lately I've been getting a lot of emails asking me for the latest news about HBO and their prospective adaptation of A GAME OF THRONES.

I appreciate the interest, really, but there is no news. No good news. No bad news. No news of any sort. With much of Hollywood presently shut down because of the writer's strike, I can't even say when there will be news.

I try to keep my fans and readers updated on everything that's happening -- with this and with all my other projects -- here on my Not-A-Blog, and on the News page of my website. If there was any news worth reporting, you'd read it there. Honest.
So yeah, that's that.

-B
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”