Empires - The Rise and Fall of Empires Map

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Empires - The Rise and Fall of Empires Map

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, the map is almost done. I might add a couple of more planets. Anyway, the red lines are hyperspace routes (the map covers a third of our galaxy). The red stars are the homeworlds of the players' Empires. The green diamonds mean that a world is an industrial world. The planet to the lower right that appears to be a nexus of hyperspace routes is the galaxy's Column Government World. Empires starting near there have increased political power. As you can probably see, worlds closer to the center of government are industrially weak. The Empire on the upper left have the support of powerful manufacturing centers.

That's the first taste of the new Rise and Fall of Empires. More to come will be a much simplified system.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I will also add that Shadow Strike will be given first preference for choosing a starting point, as it was unfair to end the last game just after he started.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Cheers Lore, ::Edited out::
Now, shall I expect a fleet of 'local militia' guarding every bloody planet? :P
Last edited by Shadow Strike on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whats the matter Colonel Sanders? CHICKEN!?

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I'll take the top right - the one which looks like an ice world.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Gah, I wanted a nomadic race that has 3 small worls around one sun, anychance of you adding that in? like instead of one boig one have three lil ones?

Please please please please please please please
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Gah, I wanted a nomadic race that has 3 small worls around one sun, anychance of you adding that in? like instead of one boig one have three lil ones?

Please please please please please please please
Okay. But you have to take the position where I place it.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Did I tell you my idea for a race and planet? or just monty?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Did I tell you my idea for a race and planet? or just monty?
Not that I can recall.
Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Hey, sorry to be a pain, But I'd like to change my start pos to the wormhole planet nearby my first choice (seeing as im keeping the previous race, they appeared in that game due to some weird space folding event). Is that a prob? If so Im happy enough where I first chose
Whats the matter Colonel Sanders? CHICKEN!?

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Shadow Strike wrote:Hey, sorry to be a pain, But I'd like to change my start pos to the wormhole planet nearby my first choice (seeing as im keeping the previous race, they appeared in that game due to some weird space folding event). Is that a prob? If so Im happy enough where I first chose
That's okay. :)
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Totally excellent. The first thing I see when I get back from six days of work straight is a new map. WOO! You rock, Lore.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Father Stoobins
Stonedownor

Post by Father Stoobins »

I'll take the lower right, if that's alright.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Grouch Marx
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

iosis wrote:I'll take the lower right, if that's alright.
Sure, but please note that I'll be adding a connecting planet.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Was kind of hoping to see Primus on there, but failing that, I think the greenish one by the gas giant looks alright.

Edit: Second thoughts, having read the other stuff put up I may have to change my mind about reprising the Delucri, and choose a planet based on whatever replaces them.
Father Stoobins
Stonedownor

Post by Father Stoobins »

Loremaster wrote:
iosis wrote:I'll take the lower right, if that's alright.
Sure, but please note that I'll be adding a connecting planet.
I'm fine with that. And thanks!
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Grouch Marx
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:Was kind of hoping to see Primus on there, but failing that, I think the greenish one by the gas giant looks alright.

Edit: Second thoughts, having read the other stuff put up I may have to change my mind about reprising the Delucri, and choose a planet based on whatever replaces them.
Oh, I don't mind placing Primus on the map. Where would you like them to start? You can justify them being in the game simply using the great hyperspace flux.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It's more the reduced scale of the game and the start of the Game Thread that's making me change my mind (the GCB and 15Y Hegemony stuff). Better to come up with a new idea for the new context.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:It's more the reduced scale of the game and the start of the Game Thread that's making me change my mind (the GCB and 15Y Hegemony stuff). Better to come up with a new idea for the new context.
That's fine. Judging by the level of quality of your posts and your species/empire I look forward to your next empire.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Murrin wrote:It's more the reduced scale of the game and the start of the Game Thread that's making me change my mind (the GCB and 15Y Hegemony stuff). Better to come up with a new idea for the new context.
I'm doing that just for the hell of it. I came up with at least other three race ideas I wanted to try in Empires 1, so I'm using one of those. Though I was sorely tempted to have the Kwellenn (the Erkirithi-Sha's less evolved cousins) be my new species, I am going for something completely different. Seemingly familiar, yet drastically not so.

Anyway, players of Borderlands might just be lucky enough to encounter the ultra-rare crashed Erkirithi-Sha spaceship encounter (just for laughs, really).
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The map has been updated.

Return to “Empires”