Latest Dance with Dragons update (Spoilers)

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

AFFC is a good book--I'm not sure it really drops of in quality--it sort of goes in different directions in order to expand the world (somewhat akin to The One Tree, that way...) for later, it just not what we're used to.

I assume George was being humorous referring to it as a Storm with Swords... :P
fall far and well Pilots!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

wikipedia wrote:On October 10, 2010, at the New York Comic Con, Spectra senior editor Anne Groell states that Martin has announced he has five chapters remaining, with sections of the chapters already completed. She also wants to get the manuscript completed by December.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

She does, does she? Well, *I* wanted the manuscript done *two* Decembers ago and *that* didn't happen, either!

But seriously, folks... This is good news. We might see the next book within a year or so.

Maybe Martin could do NaNo to motivate him to finish those last five chapters.... ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Aliantha,

FYI, Martin was not happy with his editor making that anouncement. He's made the comment that his Chapters have a habit of "breeding like Rabbits" and will not make a prediction of a completion date. I hope this is good news but it is not definiatively good news.

I'd really like to have a copy of ADWD to get signed at the Reno worldcon next year to go along with my new first edition copy of ACOK.

:)
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

Ah, so no news really. It's not finished and will not be finished in the foreseeable future.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

SerScot wrote:Aliantha,

FYI, Martin was not happy with his editor making that anouncement.
Yeah? Well, too freaking bad. I didn't like my parent's making me do my homework when I was a kid, either. But I grew up. GRRM needs people like Anne to push him towards adulthood, apparently.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Seriously, We may have to all gather and go pay Mr Martin a motivational visit.... :twisted:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Sounds like a good idea. However, it may not be necessary, if this quote is any indication:

Vito Corleone wrote:"Hello, Mr. Martin, my name is Vito Corleone. My wife, Carmela, she is a great fan of your work. I look forward to giving her Dance With Dragons for Christmas, as she's been anxiously waiting for it for several years now. Some might say, too many years. I know you're a busy man, Mr. Martin. But I'd consider it a personal favor to myself, my wife, and my family if you could finish this book. If you need further incentive, I'm sure I can make you an offer you can't refuse."
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I believe you might be on to something. :twisted:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

___ wrote:Sounds like a good idea. However, it may not be necessary, if this quote is any indication:

Vito Corleone wrote:"Hello, Mr. Martin, my name is Vito Corleone. My wife, Carmela, she is a great fan of your work. I look forward to giving her Dance With Dragons for Christmas, as she's been anxiously waiting for it for several years now. Some might say, too many years. I know you're a busy man, Mr. Martin. But I'd consider it a personal favor to myself, my wife, and my family if you could finish this book. If you need further incentive, I'm sure I can make you an offer you can't refuse."
If he doesn't, will he find a dragon's head in his bed tomorrow morning?
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Of course not! It'll be a wolf's head. ;)

EZ Board Survivor

Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Donning best Marlon Brando impression:

"Joffrey's a pimp. He could have never outfought Robb. But I didn't know until this day, it was Cersei all along!"
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

___
___ wrote:
SerScot wrote:Aliantha,

FYI, Martin was not happy with his editor making that anouncement.
Yeah? Well, too freaking bad. I didn't like my parent's making me do my homework when I was a kid, either. But I grew up. GRRM needs people like Anne to push him towards adulthood, apparently.
He writes the way he writes. I want a good product that he is comfortable with. Until that is produced no amount of pressure is going to matter. In fact I imagine it could be counterproductive.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

I heard about this over at Westeros.org:

www.televisionzombies.com/2010/12/21/tv ... -r-martin/

It seems GRRM has stated, with qualifiers (per usual) he's almost untied the "Mereenese Knot" that has plagued ADWD for years. He's also said, with qualifiers, he has a couple of big announcements (maybe) for a fan meet up on January 9, 2011.

I'm really hoping we'll see ADWD before August.
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Sadly GRRM suffered an Ecoli infection over the holidays and was hospitalized for a time. He's advised everyone the announcement he was hoping to make on January 9 is no longer possible, at this time.

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”