Empires - The Rise and Fall of Empires Rules

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Empires - The Rise and Fall of Empires Rules

Post by Loredoctor »

Expect the rules to be posted in three days. They will be simpler, although allowing for a more entertaining game.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I will place the species/empire creation rules tonight. They are pretty much the same as the last game, with the only difference being that I have scrapped morale and population size.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Father Stoobins
Stonedownor

Post by Father Stoobins »

Sounds awsome, Lore. I'm ready.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Grouch Marx
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, I need each player to design a flag - 200 wide by 100 pixels high in size. The best design will win extra Galactic Column Credits (GCs) for the start!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Loremaster wrote:Okay, I need each player to design a flag - 200 wide by 100 pixels high in size. The best design will win extra Galactic Column Credits (GCs) for the start!
A flag for our Empire? Or for something else?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Balon wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Okay, I need each player to design a flag - 200 wide by 100 pixels high in size. The best design will win extra Galactic Column Credits (GCs) for the start!
A flag for our Empire? Or for something else?
Yes, that is correct. The flags will be used to denote who controls which planet rather than using the colour system from the last game.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Shit I forgot about this!!!

I will try and think of somehting fast
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

instead of the flag being 200 by 100 and it be 100 by 200?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:instead of the flag being 200 by 100 and it be 100 by 200?
Yeah, sure.

By the way, the rules include that if it is the New Zealand flag, Australian troops receive a major bonus for invading your worlds.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Really? Does it also include a pop growth bonus if NZ settle a Aussie world, seeing as the Aussie women will get to experience real men with decent endowments and talents in the love making department, compared to the flaccid egotistical nontesticle masses of aussie men?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Really? Does it also include a pop growth bonus if NZ settle a Aussie world, seeing as the Aussie women will get to experience real men with decent endowments and talents in the love making department, compared to the flaccid egotistical nontesticle masses of aussie men?
:o

I think I've lost this one.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Ha! damn straight

You were a worthy foe, Lore, really you are
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

As were you, sir. *tips top hat and climbs into rocket*
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

is there any chance you could tell me what the deal was with that synthetic planet thing I found man? like, what was it all about?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:is there any chance you could tell me what the deal was with that synthetic planet thing I found man? like, what was it all about?
It was constructed by the 88Vou - slaves of the Hegemony. They had constructed a hollow world and placed a time-delayed wormhole at the center within a mantle made of hyperfluid, which helped stabilise the tiny wormhole. The moon was maintaining that end of the hyperspace tunnel (the wormhole led to a Hegemony system on the other side of the galaxy).

The wormhole was time-delayed as a Hegemony fleet was sent into the tunnel twenty years ago, and so to prevent them arriving prematurely, a facility was constructed to slow time down around the gateway.

Three controllers were built to shut down the time field, and scattered around the region. When the empires reached an alliance, it was hoped that they would bring the controllers together and activate the trap. A massive Hegemony warfleet would arrive and smash out of the planet in three waves. The last wave would contain a 15Y mothership.

The Hegemony had hoped that the empires would have a large fleet assembled so that the Thiddeen battlecruisers would use language disruptor weapons and 15Y slaver-class warships would shut down the empires' vessels. They would then capture the fleets, diving the crews by 15 into slave clusters and then invade the empires.

The hyperspace flux was the result of the 15Y experimenting with the hyperspace tunnel.

Were the Columns involved? I will not say. The answer is not easy.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

And you had to go and place it next to me huh

prick, i knew you never liked me
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:prick, i knew you never liked me
Well done, Sherlock Homes. :lol: ;)
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So the three pieces were a trap, huh? Hmm.
So was it actually possible to win against the Hegemony, if the game had continued?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:So the three pieces were a trap, huh? Hmm.
So was it actually possible to win against the Hegemony, if the game had continued?
Yeah, I allowed for a win. Xar was on the right track, too. He was researching into the Thiddeen's use of language weapons.

Return to “Empires”