What do people think of the Last Chronicles? (No spoilers)

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I dont remember the time frame it took him to write the first two chronicles, but I Very VERY much hope that SRD does not let other books or the GI infect his thought process and makes these last chronicles as good as the first,
Boy, do I agree with that. Nothing worse than investing yourself in a series only to find that the 3rd or 4th has a knocked-off quality to it, or worse, that the author has lost interest and just wants to finish the sucker so he can move on to something else. :evil:
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

BUNDY MONKEY wrote:I finished reading FR just the other day. My opinion is that though I was entertained by each of the first two installments of the Last Chrons. I find myself questioning SRD for the first time ever. I'm a member of THOOLAH so I have a problem right from the start. I won't say more about that since it could be thought of as spoiler territory. :-) There are elements of each book that are quite interesting however there are other elements that seem to imply an intent that I would expect from a far less talented and commited author than SRD. I'm a bit confused by the direction of the books (as Cail seems to be) but I guess I'm still on board until we find out just where all of this is going.
Can you drop a link to that post, Fist?
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”