Malazan and other stuff.

Moderators: lucimay, Onos T'oolan

Darujhistan
Stonedownor

So, after "The Crippled God" what is next from

Post by Darujhistan »

the king of modern fantasy?

:lol:

Having created a World with huge depth and diversity, the possibilities seem endless. I'm really hoping he sticks with Malaz though.

Has anyone heard anything?

I'd love another epic series, one that shows the same ambition that The Malazan Book Of The Fallen has, ambition that SE is so rightly proud of. Sure standalone's are great and many fans will want more of thier favourite carachters such as Rake, and especially the Bridgeburners. Nothing wrong with that.

Me, i like my fantasy EPIC and LLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGGGG!!!!!
Darujhistan
Stonedownor

Post by Darujhistan »

No info,ideas, thoughts, or wishes for the future of Malaz?

I'm surprised!

:wink:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I'd like to see him finish the current book cycle first. :)

Seriously, tho -- he's done a few books that are also set in the Malazan world. I'm sure he'll be able to milk Malaz for a few more....

What would *I* like to see in future books? It kinda depends on how he brings all the current threads of this series together. I don't really have much desire to see the story of Surly ascending the throne, say -- the way a lot of folks here would like for SRD to give them a book of backstory on the Ritual of Desecration and so forth. I think my taste would run toward seeing what happens *after* the end of Book 10.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

-Apparently one thing which SE based his series on was some set of Vandal (or maybe goth, or visigoth, or something) histories which stretch over a long period, apparently very vague when covering far-back periods and getting far more detailed in current history. Thus the prologues which cover major events in the world's history only taking up a few pages. Or something. To continue w/ that, I would expect other malazan books to deal with relatively present day stuff.

-I could have sworn Erikson said he wasn't gonna cover the wickan rebellion, coltaine, stuff like that in his series. Maybe IC Esselmont will get to them.

-I am not that certain about how much of the plot will unfold. Whether I want more from the malazan world will depend partially on how much is wrapped up. True, only 3 more books, but still. Also IC Esselmont is supposed to write 6 books in total on the Malazan series so who knows how much that will cover? But I am guessing that I will enjoy Erikson whether he moves onto other things or stays with the malazans forever.
Darujhistan
Stonedownor

Post by Darujhistan »

Hmmm, it seems a continuation is popular, i wouldn't mind either.

SE is such a writing machine, it really comes easy to him he says, that i'd hope he's be as ambitious again as with The Book Of The Fallen.

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”