WHAT DOES LINDEN AVERY LOOK LIKE? HELP ME OUT!

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

aTOMiC
Lord

WHAT DOES LINDEN AVERY LOOK LIKE? HELP ME OUT!

Post by aTOMiC »

Okay. This has been driving me nuts. I think we all have developed clear images of most of SRD's characters (I now can only think of Hugh Laurie as TC thanks to HOUSE).

So what recognizable actress, model or public figure does Linden Avery look like? I've never had a clear picture in my head of the woman.
Help me out! Post a picture or give me a description of who you think she's supposed to look like or at least who you believe she resembles.

My sanity is now in your hands. :biggrin:
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

DukkhaWaynhim wrote:Here she is

dw
Now THAT never occurred to me. Lindsey Wagner never annoyed the crap out of me so I guess I never made that mental connection. :-)

DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

...Lindsey Wagner rocks! and it has nothing to do with the coincidental fact that we just bought her bed (well, a Sleep Number bed, not HER bed)

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I saw V the miniseries the same year that I first read the Chronicles, and so I've had the image of Faye Grant as Linden in my mind ever since. It didn't hurt that Faye's character in V, Julie Parrish, was also a doctor.

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

matrixman wrote:I saw V the miniseries the same year that I first read the Chronicles, and so I've had the image of Faye Grant as Linden in my mind ever since. It didn't hurt that Faye's character in V, Julie Parrish, was also a doctor.

Your link doesn't work MM but I managed to google her name and found some other pix. Yeah. I recognize her from V and other things and I can understand why you identify with her.
I'm trying to think of someone who both has light brown or blonde or "Wheaten" hair who has irritated me through peformances as much as the Linden Avery character has. So far all I can think of is Sharon Stone in Total Recall. When Arnold finally puts a bullet through her forehead and announces "Consider that a divorce!" it was pretty satisfying. But Linden was never THAT irritating. I just have found her at times very frustrating in that she "LOCKED UP" physically and emotionally so often in the second Chrons. I'm liking Linden a lot more in the Last Chrons. but visual images still aren't coming to me. I'm still not feeling it. :-(

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The casting threads in the Movie forum would give you some good ideas.

The first page of TWL gives you the specifics: long wheaten hair, good figure, etc.

Edit: Ooh, Faye Grant is a good call!

I'm still firmly in the Naomi Watts camp, tho.
Last edited by wayfriend on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

wayfriend wrote:The casting threads in the Movie forum would give you some good ideas.

The first page of TWL gives you the specifics: long wheaten hair, good figure, etc.
Thanks WF. I have traditionally avoided those discussions for a number of reasons but I may force myself to visit for this reason. :D

Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

I've always pictured Linden as someone who always minimized her femininity, dressed not to impress, etc. Someone who would be really attractive and sexy if she saw herself that way, but has buried that part of herself under her pain and severity. The pic of Faye you tried to post kind of has that look...
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I always thought Lindsey Wagner was a good choice.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Thanks, guys, I'm glad you see merit in my choice. And sorry about the link. A minor confession: I had a major crush on Faye Grant during her time on Greatest American Hero and especially during her turn as Julie Parrish on V. Yet another reason why I look back on the early '80s so fondly.

I thoroughly agree that Naomi Watts has the Linden "look" as well. :)
Caesar
Woodhelvennin

Re: WHAT DOES LINDEN AVERY LOOK LIKE? HELP ME OUT!

Post by Caesar »

aTOMiC wrote:Okay. This has been driving me nuts. I think we all have developed clear images of most of SRD's characters (I now can only think of Hugh Laurie as TC thanks to HOUSE).
I'm so glad you said that! I've been trying to explain to my wife why Hugh Laurie would make a great TC, but she just doesn't see it. She can't get past his British-ness...WTF :?:
Scientia non habet inimicum nisp ignorantem.
Fratres, quod in vitae spatium agimus in aeternum resonat.
Vis et Honor.
Sill
Woodhelvennin

Post by Sill »

Caesar wrote:
aTOMiC wrote:Okay. This has been driving me nuts. I think we all have developed clear images of most of SRD's characters (I now can only think of Hugh Laurie as TC thanks to HOUSE).
I'm so glad you said that! I've been trying to explain to my wife why Hugh Laurie would make a great TC, but she just doesn't see it. She can't get past his British-ness...WTF :?:
But while I don't think of TC as British, I used to when I first read LFB because of all the odd curse words like "bloody" and "bloody hell". Unless someone here in the Land lives in a place in America where they talk like that...I know I don't.

I do remember thinking, SRD doesn't have any "F" bombs in the first 2 Chronicles, but in the last ones he does.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Unfettered One
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Unfettered One »

Sill wrote:But while I don't think of TC as British, I used to when I first read LFB because of all the odd curse words like "bloody" and "bloody hell". Unless someone here in the Land lives in a place in America where they talk like that...I know I don't.
Well, my boss uses those all the time. For him, I think it's an affectation he chose, but for what it's worth, he grew up in Virginia.
Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience. - Albert Einstein

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

WOW!
Lindsey Wagner is a perfect match.
I watched the Bionic Woman all the time so I know her voice and her mannerism from that show anyway.
She would have been a great match.
Too old now though.

:lol: I'll probably picture LW all the time now as I read about Linden
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Well, every time I see the name Kenaustin Ardenol I think of the 6 Million Dollar Man, so I guess Lindsey makes sense.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Bran Pendragon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bran Pendragon »

Oooohh, do you think the Theomach wears a dodgy red tracksuit? :)
Caesar
Woodhelvennin

Post by Caesar »

Bran Pendragon wrote:Oooohh, do you think the Theomach wears a dodgy red tracksuit? :)
Ooh! When Theomach uses his "magic", do LA and friends hear "Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh"? :haha:
Vis et Honor.
Caesar
Woodhelvennin

Post by Caesar »

Caesar wrote:
Bran Pendragon wrote:Oooohh, do you think the Theomach wears a dodgy red tracksuit? :)
Ooh! When Theomach uses his "magic", do LA and friends hear "Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh Nuh"? :haha:
And, since Theomach can manipulate Time, that's why things slow down when he does his bionic thingy?
Vis et Honor.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”