The Ranyhynn's approval (possible spoiler or probably not)

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

The Ranyhynn's approval (possible spoiler or probably not)

Post by Mr. Broken »

we see from the stories how much faith the Ramen have in the judgement of the great horses. They accept Lords, Bloodguard, and they show respect and approval for Linden. They fear and honor Covenant. Hell they even tolerate Esmer, but what about Pietten? The Ramen didnt much care for him , although they were honor bound to do so, why did the Ranyhynn not object to the presence of Pietten?
Wide Eyed Stupid
Unfettered One
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Unfettered One »

Pietten did not put himself up to be accepted or rejected by the Ranyhynn. He served them, but never offered himself (that we know of).

As you mentioned, the Ramen were honor-bound by agreeing to watch over Llara (sp?) and Pietten. They were disgusted by his tactics, but he did serve the Ranyhynn.
Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience. - Albert Einstein

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Didn't the Ranyhyn (or was it the Ramen) promise to care for Llaura and Pietten after Covenant's bargain with the horses?
Unfettered One
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Unfettered One »

dlbpharmd wrote:Didn't the Ranyhyn (or was it the Ramen) promise to care for Llaura and Pietten after Covenant's bargain with the horses?
As I recall, it was the Ramen, and it was at Foamfollower's request, not TC's. He did ask, but SF had already asked when he did.
Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience. - Albert Einstein

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

That was my recollection too.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Seppi2112
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Seppi2112 »

Yeah, that's why Foam got so weirded out after Pietten went nutso.
<i>"Kupo?"</i>
Unfettered One
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Unfettered One »

Seppi2112 wrote:Yeah, that's why Foam got so weirded out after Pietten went nutso.
Well, I thought that was more because he withheld the hurtloam from Pietten to give it to a dying cavewight.

Return to “Fatal Revenant”