Borderlands - List of Various Rankings

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Should an estimate of relative strengths and weaknesses be made public in Turn 12?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:41 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Ridiculous. Of course not.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Borderlands - List of Various Rankings

Post by Montresor »

Fairly self-explanatory. I would like a vote from all players.

News and rumours are travelling more frequently in the waste since the emergence of various shelter dweller factions to the surface, and since the flexing of the RU's muscle. By turn 12, owing largely to familiarity with the by-ways of the waste, all movement rates shall be increased.

Also, I may publish a vague comparison of each faction's strengths and weaknesses. This shall include such categories as: population, technology, military, resources etc. No specifics (such as what tech, or what units make up an army) shall be given.

Please make your own minds up about this (I will not answer enquiries relating to this). Majority will rule.

Please note, the RU and any other NPC faction will be excluded from the list.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I would vote yes (though I haven't), as it would make sense, to me, that at SOME point, the various factions would have heard enough tell of one another, to know basic information on social, economic and military standpoints.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I am unsure, to be honest.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Everyone has at least thirty days to think about it and make up their minds. Personally, I agree with Balon's reasoning, which is part of the reason why I have considered adding the option. However, people need to make up their own minds on the issue, and ignore my own stance.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I was thinking 'no' because I, at least, have not had enough contact with others during the game to believably know such things about the factions. But on the other hand, the history posts give away some information of that nature to the players already. I'm undecided.
Halal Kebab
Servant of the Land

Yes

Post by Halal Kebab »

Provided that the depth of detail reflects those of rumours. Invariably factions would hear about each other, but not in great detail - and perhaps not even with great accuracy???
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Exactly. I won't list, for instance: Player A has 7 tanks, Player B has 12 Bombers etc. It would simply be something like this:

Most Technologically Advanced Faction:

1 Player A
2 Player B
3 Player C

etc

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Votes before Turn 12 would be much appreciated, as it will allow me more time to plan. As it stands, I won't implement the addition unless 50% of people vote yes.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Voted yes.

Return to “Borderlands”