This is So Awesome!

Malazan and other stuff.

Moderators: lucimay, Onos T'oolan

Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

This is So Awesome!

Post by Holsety »

I have always wanted to write a paper about some huge world building fantasy series in school, but I never really found the time or the wherewithal to do it.

Today at 3 PM, I went and chatted with my english professor about writing an 8 page paper comparing Mappo and Icarium to Artegal and Talos from Spenser's Fairie Queene. It took a while to kick all the ideas around, but when all was said and done he said it was an excellent idea, and he looked forward to reading the paper. HOT DAMN! I'M GONNA GET TO DROP CITATIONS TO DEADHOUSE GATES LIKE I'M A DOGGONE LITERARY CRITIC! JOYFUL JUMPING JEHOSEPHAT!!!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

:LOLS: AWESOME!!!! A scholarly paper on DG is as good as it gets!!! :D :D :D

Never read Spencer. Heh, never heard of Spencer.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Darujhistan
Stonedownor

Re: This is So Awesome!

Post by Darujhistan »

Holsety wrote:I have always wanted to write a paper about some huge world building fantasy series in school, but I never really found the time or the wherewithal to do it.

Today at 3 PM, I went and chatted with my english professor about writing an 8 page paper comparing Mappo and Icarium to Artegal and Talos from Spenser's Fairie Queene. It took a while to kick all the ideas around, but when all was said and done he said it was an excellent idea, and he looked forward to reading the paper. HOT DAMN! I'M GONNA GET TO DROP CITATIONS TO DEADHOUSE GATES LIKE I'M A DOGGONE LITERARY CRITIC! JOYFUL JUMPING JEHOSEPHAT!!!

Always heartening to hear a young person excited about education, even if it took fantasy to do it.

Gl and enjoy your project.

:D
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

So Holsety...how's that paper coming, anyhow? ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

That's frickin' awesome indeed dude!

I know who Spencer is, but will have to put DG on the short list right after Brokedown Palace. 8)
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”