KW ANTHOLOGY 08

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

aTOMiC
Lord

KW ANTHOLOGY 08

Post by aTOMiC »

Okay guys I think we've waited quite long enough. With May knocking on the door I believe we'll need every minute from here on in to keep this from being KW ANTHOLOGY 09.

I'm going to begin creating threads and PMing people about their participation.

BTW here something terrifying. I was thinking about doing a reading of KW ANTHOLOGY 06 ala Scott Brick but wouldn't it be so cool if we managed to get Scott himself? Now that would be awesome! 8O

Unfortunately if I do the reading it will sound like a mix of Kermit the Frog and Ric Ocasek. Anyone got a great voice out there?
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Well, I used to be in radio...but I don't have access to production facilities any more. And anyhow, I'm pretty lousy at voices. I vote we ask Scott. :biggrin:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

aliantha wrote:Well, I used to be in radio...but I don't have access to production facilities any more. And anyhow, I'm pretty lousy at voices. I vote we ask Scott. :biggrin:
Well if you have the basics (a quiet place with your pc/laptop and a halfway decent microphone) its not too difficult to record with decent quality. There are a few cheap and free recording software programs that enable one to edit the bits together pretty seamlessly. BUT it can be a tedious endeavor.

What would really be stone cold cool would be if each author recorded a reading of his or her story.
I'm just crazy enough to try this. I'll share my success and/or failure with a link to an mp3 whenever I manage to produce something. This ought to be fun. :-)

But having said all that it would indeed be amazing to hear Mr. Brick reading our stories.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

You think digital editing is tedious? Try doing it the old fashioned way, with a grease pencil and a razor blade.... :crazy: :lol:

Hmm, free recording software? Could you post a link or two? I could certainly read my *own* story....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

aliantha wrote:You think digital editing is tedious? Try doing it the old fashioned way, with a grease pencil and a razor blade.... :crazy: :lol:

Hmm, free recording software? Could you post a link or two? I could certainly read my *own* story....
audacity.sourceforge.net/

www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

www.freecorder.com/freecorder3/index.ph ... gedoor.com

www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/ ... itor.shtml

I can't personally vouch for any of these bits of software since I use an older version of Cakewalk Pro but there seem to be usable features in each of these bits that ought to serve the purpose.

BTW ALI, I used to edit raw 8 and 16mm film with a splicer and editing tape. What a difference a couple of decades make. :-)

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

aTOMiC wrote:
aliantha wrote:You think digital editing is tedious? Try doing it the old fashioned way, with a grease pencil and a razor blade.... :crazy: :lol:

audacity.sourceforge.net/

www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

www.freecorder.com/freecorder3/index.ph ... gedoor.com

www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/ ... itor.shtml

I can't personally vouch for any of these bits of software since I use an older version of Cakewalk Pro but there seem to be usable features in each of these bits that ought to serve the purpose.

BTW ALI, I used to edit raw 8 and 16mm film with a splicer and editing tape. What a difference a couple of decades make. :-)
Thanks for the links! I'll check 'em out.

Yes yes, splicer and editing tape! You *do* know my pain! Our splicing tape came on rolls, like rolls of Scotch tape. The most fun was when some idiot would try to save on splicing tape and only use a half-inch-long piece on a splice -- and then the next time you used the reel, the splice would break. Usually in the middle of something important. Ahhh, good times..... :evil:

EZ Board Survivor

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Audacity is what I have on my comp, and it works great. I'd reccomend it.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Id read "Becoming Elijah" as long as my editor is OK with it..

Joy?
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I think a woman would sound better reading The Unwanted.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I'd gladly read "Heaven's Center," as I can give a good reading of it. In fact, I recently won a new award at my college--"Command Performance." :biggrin:
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

It took me long enough to find this thread. IQuestor, I support you doing a reading of BECOMING ELIJAH.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”