Fatal Revenant..Part 1 , Chapter 1 Reunion

ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

SB,
Spoiler
you're spoilered comment reminds me of a GI question which I posted here (ware spoilers).
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

wayfriend wrote:SB,
Spoiler
you're spoilered comment reminds me of a GI question which I posted here (ware spoilers).
Hmmmm well I was actually pleased to read that
Spoiler
because it means that Im doing exactly what SRD expected... hopefully that means that there are more surprises.. even those hidden in plain sight.. in store. Nothing worse than a book that is too predictable. :biggrin:
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

So how many are reading this for the first time? SB, you're in that camp, right?
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

No.. Im an SRDaholic. I read them as they come out.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I'm confused . . . you're hoping for surprises in a book you've already read? :?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Why are you confused. Im talking future books. All things have not been revealed in this series so Im expecting more surprises.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

SoulBiter wrote:Why are you confused. Im talking future books. All things have not been revealed in this series so Im expecting more surprises.
Sorry, I thought you guys were discussing this one. :oops:
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Malik23 wrote:
SoulBiter wrote:Why are you confused. Im talking future books. All things have not been revealed in this series so Im expecting more surprises.
Sorry, I thought you guys were discussing this one. :oops:
We are of course discussing this one. I bet the confusion comes from not reading the spoilerized comments that I put in. It all makes sense if you follow the trail of breadcrums. But since you havent read further and probably arent reading spoilers... the posting of mine has you flabergasted. :biggrin:
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Excellent summary, Lurch!
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Damelon wrote:Excellent summary, Lurch!
Thank you Damelon!...I remain in complete and total awe of the authors opening line.
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'm rereading in case I need to do chapt. 7 hopefully someone will volunteer before that. Aside from metaphor-and sorry if this has been talked about before-the use of "light and darkness" really jumped out at me-the "cornsilk light from the staff", the "redness in Covenant's eyes, coming through the gates with the riders disappearing into darkness and reappearing as the horses collaspse. Many other uses and many that lurch has previously described metaphorically.

Also the fact that seeing TC and Jer seem to render every possible movement she made in Runes useless...whoa!

At least she has the staff and did something with the ring but I, initially, read it too fast and glossed over the TC
Spoiler
smiling ala Roger and the fiery voice that came out of Anele before,
hmmm quite interesting.
fall far and well Pilots!
Akkellysmiles
Servant of the Land

Note of appreciate from a newbie

Post by Akkellysmiles »

What a beautiful analysis, Lurch. I'm new to the forum and am delighted how eloquent so many of the participants are! I've been a TC fan since the late 80's and only recently discovered the Last Chronicles. I'm looking forward to reading the dissections as an accompaniment to the text itself. Thank you for your insights!
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Hi Akkellysmiles,

Welcome to the Watch! There are indeed some incredible minds at work here, I still relatively new here myself, and I'm often just blown away by some of the insights.

And thanks, by the way, for posting here and drawing my attention to this old dissection. She's right Lurch, you did an amazing job.
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com

Return to “Last Chronicles”