Fatal Revenant Part 1, Ch 3 - Love and Strangers

ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Fist and Faith wrote:
kevinswatch wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:Linden has always called TC "Covenant." I can't think of an instance where she calls him "Tom" or "Thomas." In fact, now that I think about it, the only person who ever called him "Tom" was Joan.
Yeah, I know that, but it's still a little strange. I mean, I know there are people out there who refer to other people by their last name, and people who prefer their last name, but using that name for your lover?
If I hadn't seen it work so well for Maggie and Joel on Northern Exposure, I'd have said it's stupid and couldn't possibly happen.

I don't think it's strange. I used to call my (now ex) boyfriend "Harry". His surname was Harrington.

...and yeah...:lol: ...that's my first contribution to the FR dissection. A comment of substance! YAY for me! ;)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Seareach wrote:...and yeah...:lol: ...that's my first contribution to the FR dissection. A comment of substance! YAY for me! ;)
Yeah, that was mine, too. :D And considering I'm not a fan of the book, I'm not likely to make any contributions with more meaning than that anyway. :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Brasidas
Giantfriend

Post by Brasidas »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Brasidas wrote:A unique interpretation! I never realised there was so much comedy in the Chrons!
Jay's dissections are always hilarious! Thanks Jay!
By the way, I'm sure this has been discussed before in multiple topics elsewhere, but what's the deal with Linden always referring to Thomas Covenant as "Covenant"? She calls the man that she loves by the last name? That's a bit too X-filesy.
Linden has always called TC "Covenant." I can't think of an instance where she calls him "Tom" or "Thomas." In fact, now that I think about it, the only person who ever called him "Tom" was Joan.
"Tommy" doesn't really work, does it?
Always on Topic

"If they give you lined paper, write the other way."
Miguel De Unamuno

Return to “Last Chronicles”