My daughter, a Nashville Star Finalist!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

My daughter, a Nashville Star Finalist!

Post by Dawngreeter »

Big, BIG NEWS folks!

My daughter Laura Fedor has been selected as one of the FINALIST on the NBC reality tv show Nashville Star! Both her and her duet partner Sophie Zalokar have been one of the 12 selected out of 45,000 that auditioned for the gig. Pretty flippin surreal. Of course a huge amount of work had to be performed to get to this point including, running to and fro various auditions from state to state, gobs of audio and video demos created by me (still doing), song selecting, video interviews, clothing, practice, phone calling, emailing and on and on. But hey, look my kid is going to be competing on national television!! I still can't believe it. She is a great girl that I love dearly and however she places, she'll always be a winner. I have not been able to speak of this until now as we were bound by agreement. There are still some things that I'm not completely sure of as far as info that I can reveal.

My wife & I are actually quite delirious over this whole thing as we still haven't spoke one word to her since she left for Nashville 2 weeks ago and might not be able to for the entire duration. Laura being a senior this year in high school will be completely missing her graduation commencement because she will be out of state - a big bummer. So we shipped down her cap & gown and had them take a picture of her to send back to us. Just yesterday I had kinkos start making a life-sized poster of her so that we can take it to commencement today for some video footage after the event.

Just now we are starting the press thing. My wife a couple of days ago had a phone interview with the local paper, NBC released a bunch of info that propogated quite quickly to darn near everyone. There has been some false information put out there to hype some aspect that Sandi & I tried to nip in the bud, but it was too late. So in any case, in case you don't know... don't believe everything that you read! I am quickly learning the way things work at this level.

The short blond is my daughter.

Whoo- Hooo!!

The shows airs for the first time on a major network on NBC June 9th, Monday at 9:00. The show was previously on CMT for 5 seasons.

ImageImage

laurafedor.com/ ( my site )
www.nbc.com/Nashville_Star/index.shtml
www.nbc.com/Nashville_Star/photos/contestants#cat=977
www.cleveland.com/tv/index.ssf/2008/06/ ... e_nas.html

www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=1975 ... 1849&rfi=6
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Wow! Wish her my best, and I'll be sure to catch her singing!

Congrats to her! :D

:thumbsup:
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats to you guys, Dawngreeter! She's adorable!

(So, are those their own jeans, or did the wardrobe dept. have pairs with the knees already blown out? Just wondering... ;) )

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Sheol
Giantfriend

Post by Sheol »

Must be one talented kid! A friend of mine was a semi-finalist one the show and got kicked off. He said that they were really tough on him because he didn't want to sell out and sing pop country. I also guess that they didn't want a guy who sings a song called "Campbell County C@#k Suckers."
My right hand is lightning and my left is thunder.
My eyes are flame.
My heart is ashes.
Look upon me and tremble.
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

Conga Rats to you and your daughter!!! Best of luck! If I had TV, I'd watch her!
I live in my own little world...but its okay, they know me here!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

congrats and good luck! hope she makes it all the way.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

That's f-ing awesome!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Yes indeed! I've never watched Nashville Star but I will this time.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

no kidding...you mean i have to dust off my TV??? yeesh!!! :lol:

Congrats Dawngreeter and Mrs. Dawngreeter for creating such a
talented and lovely daughter!! congrats Laura for going for it!! :banana:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

Thanks alot for the congrats folks!

We're all piling up tonight at my in-laws to watch the show. Rumor has it that the news might be there to cover our watching of the show. This is just so unbelievably awesome that it's hard to concentrate here at work.

Aliantha, we sent her down there with 9 matching outfits and I believe that those jeans are ones that we she had. Not sure but if they make it further they might get a wardrobe crew.

I just a bustin with pride & excitement.
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

ohmygod...i've gotten ridiculously excited about this in the last hour looking at the photos and stuff!!
the folks in my office that watch such shows (american idol, top models, dancing with the stars) are excited to have someone to root for!! :biggrin:

ps...she looks exACTly like you!!! :D (remembers seeing a pic of you in the album ages ago!!)
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Awesome! Like the others, I don't typcally watch shows like this (don't watch much tv), but I will be rooting for your daughter and her friend to win! :D

Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

Well they're still on the show ! Whoo -Hoo! There are some real stinkers in this group though. With this pool I can see these two going a long way. I guess on the boards out there some folks were thinking that the song selection was a bad choice - I don't know. I thought they did very well for their first appearance though. It's truly incredible to see my kid on tv like this. I just may have to stay away from the forums as they are to going to make me nuts. I have a feeling that this whole thing is going to make me a crazy mess. (in a good-crazy-kinda-way)

The big family was all juiced up to watch the show... the trio got up there to sing and then the satellite went out.... the poor hostess, we almost took her out to the gallows pole! It came back up fortunately.

Laura and Sophie did two radio interviews testerday on 99.5 WGAR and a 1330AM and it was great to hear her voice and to hear that she missed her parents. We probably won't actually talk to her for a while. We'll see what happens next week! (my daughter is the one with braces)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

That is soooo cool. I hope she and her friend win. I don't even own a tv but I'll be keeping up with the show and rooting for her. :biggrin:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

well the consensus in the office (out of 6 people who watched!!) is that the girls DEFINITELY have a REALLY good chance of going a LOOOONG way in the competition. the thoughts here are that it will come down to a choice between the 3 sisters and laura and sophie!! :biggrin:

i thought Stand by Yer Man was an awesome choice!! :biggrin:
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

We have an increasing number of famous people :) Congrats and hope she does really well. We don't get that show here in NZ :(

Oh and is that Billy Ray Cyrus?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”