Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

The newest chapter dissection to be posted:

FK 9 - Ancillary Documentation / Intertech
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

The posting date for the 10th chapter of Forbidden Knowledge, which is the second chapter in that book to be entitled "Angus", has been bumped back to August 5th to give the dissection author more time for completion.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Cord Hurn wrote:The posting date for the 10th chapter of Forbidden Knowledge, which is the second chapter in that book to be entitled "Angus", has been bumped back to August 5th to give the dissection author more time for completion.

It is now being bumped back to August 25th. Just need a little more time, folks. 8)

Click on this sentence to see where we stand as far as chapter dissection scheduling for Forbidden Knowledge.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

It may seem strange for a Raman to admit this, but I'm grateful to Lord Foul for posting such a terrific dissection of the second Angus chapter, the tenth chapter overall of Forbidden Knowledge:

Forbidden Knowledge 10 - Angus [2]

HAIL, FANGTHANE!!! :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :evilfoul: :mrgreen:

[Edited to add more worshippers for Foul]
Last edited by Cord Hurn on Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

The newest Forbidden Knowledge chapter dissection, written and posted by our wonderful Skyweir, is now up in Ancillary Documentation:

Forbidden Knowledge 11 - Chapter 7

WELL DONE, SKYWEIR, AND PLEASE ACCEPT MY THANKS!!! :mrgreen: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :thumbsup:
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

The newest Gap chapter discussion to be posted:

Forbidden Knowledge 12 - Chapter 8
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Hahaha, yeah, I'll do a chapter. :D

--A
StevieG wrote:I'm keen CH - any excuse to re-read again.

I'll probably miss my deadlines a few times but will definitely attempt to post a chapter.
I haven't forgotten these statements, and would certainly like to see a chapter apiece from both of you, perhaps toward the end of Forbidden Knowledge. It might be helpful to you two if I posted a list of brief chapter summaries for the remaining chapters after the second Ancillary Documentation chapter about the Amnion, just to make it easier to decide which chapter each of you would be interested in dissecting. (The chapter titles of the Gap Cycle books aren't very revealing as to what goes on in them, other than the titles for the Ancillary Documentation chapters.)

There's no huge hurry, of course, as I've committed to dissecting the next several FK chapters.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

:D Yep I'm still in CH.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

StevieG wrote::D Yep I'm still in CH.
Sounds fantastic, Stevie, and I really appreciate it! I in my turn will try to keep my word in posting a listing of brief summaries of the concluding chapters of Forbidden Knowledge to make it easier for you and Avatar to know what your choices are, as far as where the story is at. But, first things first: I need to post the dissection for the thirteenth FK chapter, being the 9th chapter about Morn. And I'm several days overdue. :oops:
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Another Gap Cycle chapter discussion thread has been created:

Forbidden Knowledge 13 - Chapter 9
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

The freshest Gap Cycle chapter discussion to be posted:

Forbidden Knowledge 14 - Ancillary Documentation / The Amnion [1]
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Another Forbidden Knowledge chapter discussion thread has been created:

Forbidden Knowledge 15 - Chapter 10
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

And yet another FK chapter dissection thread is now up:

Forbidden Knowledge 16 - Chapter 11
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

And now, the Amnion enter within the story plot! Cool and creepy aliens; I've got to love 'em! ;)

Forbidden Knowledge 17 - Chapter 12
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

For StevieG and Avatar, here are the summaries for the last nine chapters in Forbidden Knowledge, posted in hopes you both will find them helpful in selecting a chapter to dissect. The posting dates can be bumped further back, of course.

Forbidden Knowledge 23 - Angus [3]
21 pages
Tentative posting date: February 16, 2019
Angus is taken to UMCPHQ station orbiting Earth. He is welded into a cyborg while staying in the medical wing of the Data Acquisition section, and his new computer programming tells him his name is Joshua, which is also his access code. Angus' computer system also extensively interrogates him, and he answers all questions while managing to avoid explaining how his ship's datacore doesn't incriminate him. Hashi Lebwohl and Godsen Frik are introduced, and they along with Min Donner discuss Angus' mission to Billingate, along with arguing over Hashi's choice of Milos Taverner as the agent to accompany Angus to Billingate.

Forbidden Knowledge 24 - Chapter 16
13 pages
Tentative posting date: February 28, 2019
Captain's Fancy hits the gap, and at the wrong instant the gap field generator fails. Morn regains consciousness in her cabin after being knocked out by Mikka. She hears then sees Vector, and he gives her the news that they're still in forbidden space, but have covered most of the distance to Thanatos Minor. He says technically Nick didn't cheat the Amnion, so the Amnion won't risk their reputation by capturing the ship's people when they are on Thanatos Minor. Nick denies Morn's request to speak with Davies and turns off her zone implant.

Forbidden Knowledge 25 - Chapter 17
17 pages
Tentative posting date: March 16, 2019
Nick has Morn unlocked from her cabin to resume her bridge duties under Mikka's watch. Morn puts her work researching the gap drive on a main screen while on her console monitors she follow information that will let her know where Davies is being kept prisoner. Later in her cabin, Morn talks to Davies through the speaker system. Nick walks into Morn's cabin and orders Davies' intercom disabled. The command third, Liete, while on the bridge calls Nick to tell him there's an Amnion warship blocking their path to Thanatos Minor.

Forbidden Knowledge 26 - Chapter 18
19 pages
Tentative posting date: April 12, 2019
The Amnion ship Calm Horizons transmits a demand to decelerate or be destroyed. Nick has Mikka set up static mines outside the ship and adjust course to tempt Calm Horizons to fire. Morn tells Nick the Amnion will need four minutes to correct course for interception. Nick has the ship apply braking thrust and has Malda set off the mines that are flying in front of the ship. Nick takes Morn back to her cabin an kept the function on the zone implant control to make Morn catatonic, not realizing Morn months ago disabled this function. Morn pretends to collapse, but she gets up after Nick leaves to program her zone implant for an indefinite amount of sleep.

Forbidden Knowledge 27 - Ancillary Documentation /The Preempt Act
2 pages
Tentative posting date: April 26, 2019
Though administrators of human space stations and libertarian politicians strenuously opposed it, The United Mining Companies Pre-Emptive Enabling Act for Security passed. Now the UMC police had jurisdiction over human security everywhere except Earth. The UMCP had made passage of "The Preempt Act" a priority for years as a means to fulfill its mission to "combat piracy and secure the defense of space." The case of Com-Mine Security's involvement in helping on suspected illegal trap another was enough to cause distrust of local station Security within the Governing Council for Earth and Space. Some viewed passage of The Preempt Act as part of a long-term effort to secure safety in space. Others viewed its passage as the capstone to a power grab by Warden Dios and the UMCP.

Forbidden Knowledge 28 - Chapter 19
13 pages
Tentative posting date: May 10, 2019
Morn wakes up when Nick turns off the zone implant control, and she complies when he insists she shower and put on a fresh shipsuit. Nick insists she eat while he tells her what's happening. Nick lets Morn talk to Davies over a private speaker channel, but he makes sure to let Davies know he is listening in. Nick tells Davies his parents Angus and Morn are respectively a criminal pervert and a zone implant junkie. When Morn tries to dispute some of Nick's characterizations, Nick uses the zone implant control to make Morn feel heat and cold and to gag herself. Nick tells Davies and Morn that Davies is going to be sent to the Amnion warship Tranquil Hegemony, which lies ahead of them on their path toward Thanatos Minor. Nick orders Mikka to cut off Davies' speaker and leaves the cabin with Morn still gagging herself.

Forbidden Knowledge 29 - Chapter 20
13 pages
Tentative posting date: May 24, 2019
Morn gets up once Nick has taken her black box far enough away from the cabin so it no longer controls her. She starts using the intercom to speak to the crew, warning them that if Nick succeeds in selling Davies to the Amnion, they cannot be sure one of them won't be next. Nick has Mikka cut off Morn's communication. Morn plugs up the shower and sink and toilet and sets water to overflowing. Nick soon returns with the zone implant control box and tell her he'll have to turn her off before she wrecks the plumbing. He sets the zone implant control for catatonia, and Morn fakes passing out. Nick leaves the cabin after setting the control on a nearby shelf, so that its nearness will enforce Morn remaining catatonic. Morn gets up and sets the zone implant control for strength, to try to get her door open. She fails, then despairs and turns all the zone implant functions off. In this deeply despairing state, she hardly realizes what is happening when her cabin door opens and Sib Mackern comes into the room.

Forbidden Knowledge 30 - Chapter 21
20 pages
Tentative posting date: June 7, 2019
Sib Mackern has to talk a bit to get Morn Hyland to snap out of her despair but he succeeds when he mentions she only had a short amount of time to respond to Davies being launched to the Amnion in an ejection pod. Sib tells Morn he can't stand any human being sold to the Amnion, and that he doesn't think Nick has had time to change priority codes. Morn heads to engineering, where she is seen by Mikka. Morn insists she is not Mikka's enemy, and Mikka replies that Morn was trustful when Mikka needed it, so Mikka will pretend she never saw Morn in engineering. Morn sees Vector in the engineering console room, and soon confronts him, warning him to get away from the engineering control board. Vector gives a brief speech about being unsuited to the life of an illegal, strikes Morn, tells her she has minutes to change the ejection pod course, and leaves the console room. Morn changes the ejection pod trajectory to head toward Billingate instead of Tranquil Hegemony. Vector comes onto the bridge to see the furious disbelief of Nick at the changed course. Nick threatens Vector and institutes a ship-wide search for Morn. Liete and Mikka find Morn and fill her with cat.

Forbidden Knowledge 31 - Angus [4]
18 pages
Tentative posting date: June 21, 2019
Angus Thermopyle can't wait to leave UMCPDA's surgical wing for Thanatos Minor, as that planetoid feels like it promises escape for him. Angus gets put through many tests on his programming, and eventually learns his programming is all that keeps him from getting away. He now has very enhanced vision, great strength, uncommon quickness, and lasers built into his hands. The doctors finish refining the datacore in Angus, and finally stop keeping him attached to external equipment. Angus is given a shipsuit to don, which he does, and Min Donner comes for him a moment later. Milos Taverner is with her. Angus and Milos exchange insults, but Min makes them stop. She leads them out of Data Acquisition and into the Enforcement Division section of UMCPHQ, and finally into the Administration section. In a conference room, they find UMCP director Warden Dios sitting at a table. Warden questions Angus as to how he altered his datacore, and questions Milos as to what he found in Angus' ship's datacore. Warden tells Milos and Angus he wants them to destroy Billingate, and that they have a ship, Trumpet, to travel in. He also tells them Nick Succorso and Captain's Fancy are about to dock at Billingate. Warden has Min take Milos to Trumpet. Alone in the conference room with Angus, Warden has him go into stasis and switches datacores. He tells Angus they have committed a crime against him and it's got to stop. He has Angus re-animate and takes him where Trumpet is docked.
Last edited by Cord Hurn on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

You're a machine CH!

I might get a chance over the Christmas break - maybe I can tackle the next one. I'll let you know how I'm going (if I'm not going well)...
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

By "the next one", StevieG, are you referring to the second Ancillary Documentation chapter on the Amnion? Because I'm not far from having that one done and ready to post.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Cord Hurn wrote:By "the next one", StevieG, are you referring to the second Ancillary Documentation chapter on the Amnion? Because I'm not far from having that one done and ready to post.
However, for the three chapters after that:

Forbidden Knowledge 19 - Chapter 13,
Forbidden Knowledge 20 - Chapter 14, and
Forbidden Knowledge 21 - Chapter 15,
I haven't gotten anything written up, yet.

The dissection for Forbidden Knowledge Chapter 22, entitled "Ancillary Documentation / Gap Drive" has been claimed by Effaeldm.

But, I wish to emphasize that any help you wish to give by taking the lead post on a chapter dissection thread is much appreciated, Stevie G! It's just that I'm nearly done with the next chapter dissection, and I promised Effaeldm the chapter dissection on Gap Drive. All others are open!
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

All good CH :D

You might as well finish that one and we can chat more once it is up.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

The newest Gap chapter dissection is now posted:

Forbidden Knowledge 18 - Ancillary Documentation / The Amnion [2]

Return to “The Gap Series”