Food rants.

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

Well, a lot of pizza take-aways are run by Chinese or mostly Viatnamese people. Just to give you and example - the village I live in (3,400 more or less living souls plus a great dark entity called Vader) has a very good Greek restaurant run by a family from India and their pizza is better than most. If that's not globalization I don't know what.

Anyway, here's another food rant:

People say "Red wine goes well with cheese".

WTF? Considering there are thousands of different kinds of cheese and they all taste different and there are also myriads of red wine types - how can such a generalization be true?

Take a strong blue cheese like Roquefort, Gorgonzola or Blue Stilton, for example. Strong flavors. A red whine would not support its taste but rather try to overshadow it - two dominant flavors together hardly ever works.

For strong and creamy cheeses I would always opt for a noble sweet wine, like a French Sauternes or such. Supports the cheese flavor way more. Noble sweet also is the perfect companion for every kind of liver pâté.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Vader wrote: a very good Greek restaurant run by a family from India and their pizza is better than most. If that's not globalization I don't know what.
That's pretty funny.
Now I want pizza.

Recipes often piss me off.
Like the ones that looks fantastic and easy to make but always have this one small oddball ingredient/spice that I will never use again and costs over 5 dollars or cooking gear that I don't have...like a "pulser" or something.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “The Galley”