NationStates.net

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I think you may get the issues in a certain order, so if you start at the same time, and resolve them at the same rate, you may have the same issues as another nation.

However, The Illumined had the issue regarding completely taking over all businesses the same day Caveral did, whereas vivAsana started a few days after I did, and their issues have been quite different than mine. So rather than timing, I think the direction you take your nation may determine which issues you receive when.

~*~edit~*~

More likely, it's what Av said. Go with that.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

It has been quite revealing so far, the difference between how I THINK my actions are going to affect things versus the reality of what occurs...it doesn't necessarily go the way I think it will.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:lol: It never does. The law of unintended consequences is a bitch. ;)

--A
Illume Eltanin
Servant of the Land

Post by Illume Eltanin »

VivAsana wrote:"World Factbook Entry: A region of outstanding natural beauty with puissant auras, Andelain is a bastion of freedom and earthpower in the heart of the Land."
Excellent, most esteemed Chancellor of VivAsana. "puissant auras" Well done!!

:D
Illume Eltanin
Visionary
The Illumined

Post by Avatar »

Glad you like it. :D

--A
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

The latest crisis in my little state :cry:
Cheap, foreign-made cars are becoming increasingly popular, causing concern in The Cleburneites's automobile manufacturing industry.

The Debate
"Unless this government does something, The Cleburneites won't have an auto industry for much longer," says auto industry union boss Roger Wall, in a rare public appearance alongside management. "These foreign companies employ people for a few punts a day. The only way to level the playing field is to raise tariffs. The government would make more money, too, so it's win-win."

"For once, I agree with my grubby colleague here," says General Chassis CEO Peggy Trax. "Although I have to say, tariffs aren't the only answer. A more effective solution would be to abolish minimum wage laws. Now that would level the playing field. And we'd be able to employ more--argh, let go of my throat!"

"I think we need to face facts," says noted economist and chat-show regular Beth Nagasawa. "We live in a global economy now, and automobile manufacturing just isn't The Cleburneites's strong suit. There's no point taking money from taxpayers in order to line the pockets of a few greedy workers and corrupt managers in a doomed industry. Let the market takes its--argh, let go of my throat!"
I do enjoy the sense of humour in these debates :biggrin:
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

That one was one of the more humorously written ones. I enjoyed it as well when I received it. :D

I feel others don't work quite so well. But I may be biased towards the way the issues and choices are written for the Nations game on FaceBook, since I started playing that first.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

New Mammonia got a whopper today:
The Issue

All of New Mammonia has been in an uproar since yesterday when a car exploded in the middle of the capital city, killing dozens and injuring hundreds. This terrorist act was traced back to a violent minority group known as the Lilliputian Freedom Fighters. A group allegedly supported by an unfriendly regime, despising New Mammonia for its heathenish ways and political bent, but more particularly for supporting the recent occupation of their homeland by an ally.
The Debate

1. "They simply crossed the line!" shouts General Falala Frederickson. "Far too long have we tolerated these terrorist threats, it's time that they realise they can't mess with us. Send the order to prepare an invasion, and we will show them who is boss! Our brave soldiers are prepared to die for their country, all we need is your signature and a lot of money. But what is the cost of freedom and safety for New Mammonia's peoples?"

2. "Attacking another country isn't the answer," says Buffy Mombota, director of the New Mammonia Intelligence Agency. "The problem doesn't lie abroad, but within New Mammonia itself! We should have more freedom to do our work. Protecting our nation from these cowardly scaremongerers would be much easier if we had an inherent right to tap phones and other communications, get search warrants whenever we need, and detain suspects indefinitely. Remember, to prevent is better than to cure."

3. "No, that's what those terrorists want us to do!" speculates chairman Alexei Love of the Patriots' Tea and Biscuits Club. "We don't want to give the Agency any more responsibility, they're the ones who messed up in the first place. What we need is to purge New Mammonia of these rats who don't respect the laws and traditions of our way of life. We know who they are and where they come from, so the solution is obvious: we just won't let those sorts of people cross our borders and kick out those who are already here. It might seem a bit harsh, but hey, we were here first. Long live New Mammonia!"

4. "I think it's clear to anyone with half a brain in their head that this will just not work," says Billy-Bob Washington, a noted professor of social studies. "The people who perpetrate these terrible crimes do so because they feel they have no other recourse to demonstrate their political opinions. They'll do anything and I'm sure they're not above hiring mercenaries. You must understand why terrorists act as they do and fix it! What we should do is to reach out to the ethnic and religious minorities and seek common ground! Negotiation is the key! Violence solves nothing."

5. "We spit on New Mammonia!" expectorates Samuel Summers, leader of the Lilliputian Freedom Fighters. "You disrespect our people and our country and everything we are! You spread your sickening influence where it is not wanted! You must change your ways and cease to oppose us or else there will be more bloodshed. You have been warned!"

6. "Is terrorism such a terrible thing? Really?" asks Stephanie Jefferson, avant garde journalist, discreetly sliding a pipe bomb under your desk. "These people are simply expressing their political opinion the best way they know how. I think we should legalise terrorism as a legitimate form of political commentary. It'll certainly get people interested, don't you think?"
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Syl wrote:New Mammonia got a whopper today:
The Issue

All of New Mammonia has been in an uproar since yesterday when a car exploded in the middle of the capital city, killing dozens and injuring hundreds. This terrorist act was traced back to a violent minority group known as the Lilliputian Freedom Fighters. A group allegedly supported by an unfriendly regime, despising New Mammonia for its heathenish ways and political bent, but more particularly for supporting the recent occupation of their homeland by an ally.
The Debate

1. "They simply crossed the line!" shouts General Falala Frederickson. "Far too long have we tolerated these terrorist threats, it's time that they realise they can't mess with us. Send the order to prepare an invasion, and we will show them who is boss! Our brave soldiers are prepared to die for their country, all we need is your signature and a lot of money. But what is the cost of freedom and safety for New Mammonia's peoples?"

2. "Attacking another country isn't the answer," says Buffy Mombota, director of the New Mammonia Intelligence Agency. "The problem doesn't lie abroad, but within New Mammonia itself! We should have more freedom to do our work. Protecting our nation from these cowardly scaremongerers would be much easier if we had an inherent right to tap phones and other communications, get search warrants whenever we need, and detain suspects indefinitely. Remember, to prevent is better than to cure."

3. "No, that's what those terrorists want us to do!" speculates chairman Alexei Love of the Patriots' Tea and Biscuits Club. "We don't want to give the Agency any more responsibility, they're the ones who messed up in the first place. What we need is to purge New Mammonia of these rats who don't respect the laws and traditions of our way of life. We know who they are and where they come from, so the solution is obvious: we just won't let those sorts of people cross our borders and kick out those who are already here. It might seem a bit harsh, but hey, we were here first. Long live New Mammonia!"

4. "I think it's clear to anyone with half a brain in their head that this will just not work," says Billy-Bob Washington, a noted professor of social studies. "The people who perpetrate these terrible crimes do so because they feel they have no other recourse to demonstrate their political opinions. They'll do anything and I'm sure they're not above hiring mercenaries. You must understand why terrorists act as they do and fix it! What we should do is to reach out to the ethnic and religious minorities and seek common ground! Negotiation is the key! Violence solves nothing."

5. "We spit on New Mammonia!" expectorates Samuel Summers, leader of the Lilliputian Freedom Fighters. "You disrespect our people and our country and everything we are! You spread your sickening influence where it is not wanted! You must change your ways and cease to oppose us or else there will be more bloodshed. You have been warned!"

6. "Is terrorism such a terrible thing? Really?" asks Stephanie Jefferson, avant garde journalist, discreetly sliding a pipe bomb under your desk. "These people are simply expressing their political opinion the best way they know how. I think we should legalise terrorism as a legitimate form of political commentary. It'll certainly get people interested, don't you think?"
Wow! Gonna tell us what you sided with? :D
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>

Post by Avatar »

Check New Mammonia's legislation in the next 24 hours... ;)

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Had that one already too... ;)

Legislation has been and gone.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Well, I can tell you it wasn't #1. They asked for a lot of money.

BTW, got changed to 'Corporate Bordello' today. Success!
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

8O In just one turn, Inis Rua's civil rights went from excellent to average. Sheesh, I only introduced compulsory barcoding of serfs, I mean citizens.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

It can still go up. Mine dropped when I implemeted compulsory organ donation. Back up now though.

--A
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

I used to do this aswell. I was in Xar's region. Can't remember what my nation was called though. Quee was involved too.
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.

Post by Avatar »

Nice to see you around Tazz. Join in? I'll pm you the pw if you're interested.

--A
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

Yeah, sounds good. :D

Cant remember the name of my old nation for the life of me. I was looking for the original topic but I cant find that either. :evil:
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

From what Murrin said, sounds like Xar's region was also named Andelain. We're such a creative bunch.

Av, when Murrin reactivated his nation, I think he said he was kicked out of Andelain and needed the password to come back in. As the founder of the current region, do you have a list of previous nations that aren't active?
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

Oh buggrit! The original topic seems to have disspeared from the Watch-perhaps it was deleted during one of the hacks. Cant find any reference to Nationstates in my e-mail cache either.

Spose I'll have to create a new Nation. If you could pm that password that'd be cool. Thanks.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Tazz, I found this topic in gen dis, Online Games, but that's the only other mention of NationStates.net I've come across.

Return to “Nationstates”