NationStates.net

Moderator: Goatkiller666

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It's in Video Games somewhere. Apparently I fail at linking, as my link to the old topic on the second page of this topic goes to my nation on Nation States instead.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Thanks Murrin.

Is this it, Tazz?

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9976
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

Coool!!! Thanks guys! :biggrin:

My income tax rate is at 57% ad even higher for the wealthy. That's what I like to see! :twisted:

Now, if Av can just send me that password... :roll:

;)
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

:D Inis Rua's civil rights have taken another hit and are now 'below average' thanks to compulsory organ donation. (but at least donation is only compulsory if you're dead!)
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Syl wrote:I've founded the Holy Empire of Cedar (somebody already stole Sylvania).
Gold!
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Illume Eltanin
Servant of the Land

Post by Illume Eltanin »

The Illumined is ranked 1st in the region and 5,798th in the world for Happiest Citizens.
We will take it. :D

(The world contains 74,294 nations in 8,921 regions.) ;)
Illume Eltanin
Visionary
The Illumined
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Just been classed as Father knows best state is that bad or good or Im on my way to becoming a dictatorship :D
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Thanks for link menolly mind you if I paid more attention I would have seen it earlier(Im a bad student). :cry:
Next mini crisis
Prospecting company Nukes4U has uncovered a large uranium deposit in The Cleburneites's south-west.

The Debate
"This is a terrific find!" claims Nukes4U CEO Tobias Clinton. "It will provide an enormous stimulus to our economy and create thousands of new jobs. It's win-win! All we need from the government is permission to bulldoze the rainforest that's on top of the deposit."

"You've got to be kidding," says Green politician Elizabeth Hamilton. "This rainforest is thousands of years old! This country needs more environmental protection, not less. And to destroy the environment in order to mine uranium that then goes into nuclear bombs--well, that really sticks in my craw."

"There's no need for an either-or decision," says the government's Minister for Mining, Clear-Felling, and the Environment. "We can preserve most of the rainforest and allow mining of a small part. After all, think of all the good that the money from this uranium deposit can bring to The Cleburneites."
Im thinking of bulldosing the rainforest as I need more land my population seems to go up and up I started with 6 million now I have 20 million shoud I start a cull :D Is there actually a map of our region :?:
Have you guys had this issue are you up for nuclear power in Andelain :?: or does it make any difference to u
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I chose the compromise...it still gave me a negative environmental result. :D

You never run out of land...your population grows at a fixed rate, so you don't have to worry about it. Nor will whether or not you have nuclear power affect the region. Internal policies are independant and limited to your nation.

--A
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Avatar wrote:You never run out of land...your population grows at a fixed rate, so you don't have to worry about it. Nor will whether or not you have nuclear power affect the region. Internal policies are independant and limited to your nation.

--A
Thanks for your words of wisdom Avatar :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

How the hell did I become a Corrupt Dictatorship?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Avatar wrote:I chose the compromise...it still gave me a negative environmental result. :D
Same...
Murrin wrote:How the hell did I become a Corrupt Dictatorship?
I wonder the same.
But at least my citizens are happy. :D
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Cleburne wrote:Thanks for link menolly mind you if I paid more attention I would have seen it earlier(Im a bad student). :cry:
Next mini crisis
Prospecting company Nukes4U has uncovered a large uranium deposit in The Cleburneites's south-west.

The Debate
"This is a terrific find!" claims Nukes4U CEO Tobias Clinton. "It will provide an enormous stimulus to our economy and create thousands of new jobs. It's win-win! All we need from the government is permission to bulldoze the rainforest that's on top of the deposit."

"You've got to be kidding," says Green politician Elizabeth Hamilton. "This rainforest is thousands of years old! This country needs more environmental protection, not less. And to destroy the environment in order to mine uranium that then goes into nuclear bombs--well, that really sticks in my craw."

"There's no need for an either-or decision," says the government's Minister for Mining, Clear-Felling, and the Environment. "We can preserve most of the rainforest and allow mining of a small part. After all, think of all the good that the money from this uranium deposit can bring to The Cleburneites."
Im thinking of bulldosing the rainforest as I need more land my population seems to go up and up I started with 6 million now I have 20 million shoud I start a cull :D Is there actually a map of our region :?:
Have you guys had this issue are you up for nuclear power in Andelain :?: or does it make any difference to u
I took the green option. I think my income tax came down, and Inis Rua's rainforests became a huge tourist attraction.

stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Help please! What's the difference between the last option, and me dismissing the issue?
The Issue
Inis Rua's TV soaps--famous around the region--have come under fire for their lack of ethnic diversity.

The Debate
"Every night my family and I sit down to watch 'The Brash and the Backstabbing'," says Buffy King. "But where are the Lilliputians like myself? Where are the Bigtopians? The Marche Noirians? People from those cultures can be just as brash and backstabbing, but we never see them on the screen. The government must act to remove this silent apartheid from our TV screens."

"Those Lilliputians don't know how good they have it," says Buffy Silk, spokesperson for the Tasmanians Against Ethnic Stereotyping. "Tasmanians are on television all the time, but always in crude, stereotypical roles. The answer is not to enforce ethnic quotas, but to award government prizes for the positive portrayal of minorities. That'll work better, and be cheaper, too."

"The government should do what now?" says TV studio executive Melbourne O'Bannon. "You've got to be kidding. We make soaps here, not documentaries. I should be able to put whichever characters I want into my shows. Quotas! Government prizes! God save me! Hasn't the government got anything better to do? Why don't they just back off and let society work out these things on its own?"

Post by Avatar »

Choosing any issue gives you a "result" in your nation description. Dimissing it gives no result.

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Agreed with Av.

I think, should you choose the last option, that you are basically endorsing the right to depict stereotypical characters on shows (that's pretty much what happened when I chose that option, at least). Dismissing it, as Av said, will not have any results show up at all.

Post by Avatar »

OK, give...who's Detestia?

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I just received an invite to NationStates2 Beta.
Anyone else registered yet?
What size world?
And with or without War?

I'm thinking large and with War, but wish to be with everyone else...
Illume Eltanin
Servant of the Land

Post by Illume Eltanin »

The Illumined is ranked 1st in the region for Most Cultured.
We accept the designation with honor.

*bows*
Illume Eltanin
Visionary
The Illumined

Return to “Nationstates”