Purgatory Rules & Comments

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Metatron
Servant of the Land

Post by Metatron »

FYI, I will send my turn tonight. I'm just running a little late.
Put your hand under my thigh. This is the righteous one. The mystery is that the world exists on these three: grace, judgment and mercy. He is appointed from the mystery above to resurrect those who sleep in the grave. He will come with the will from the one who is above to bring back the breath and the soul to the proper place.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Seems to be a lot of sympathy for the devil in this game. :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Well...

He is a man of wealth and taste...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'm going to be late getting the turns done. I put it off this weekend, thinking I'd do it last night, but my computer at home was hosed. Had to reformat the HD. Besides taking a hell of a lot of time getting everything set back up, I don't currently have the link I need to log into my email.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

No pressure, Mr. Overfiend, sir...

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Any luck yet with your computer? Don't make me start asking for CHs! I don't think any of us want that...
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:Don't make me start asking for CHs! I don't think any of us want that...
...hehehe...

Has anyone's results justified CHs? Can't say mine has, but then I haven't done all that much, really...

Anyone care to give interpretations of the songs from the Choir while we wait? I am terrible at interpreting poetry, and these really have me bewildered and frustrated at the moment...

...unless doing such publicly is frowned upon, Mr. Overfiend, sir?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*double posting, but I can not wait any longer for others to comment*

Received my results, both in The Notebook and out. Read the latest "psalm." Awesome.

...puzzling...

...but awesome...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*bows*

My thanks for the Turn 4 deadline, Mr. Overfiend, sir. With the Days of Awe upon us, and Shabbat Shuva the weekend of deadline, Sunday works much better for me then than either Friday or Saturday.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

That's a pretty powerful turn ya got there, Metatron! Nice job!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Ok, change of pace. All private submissions must be in bullet form. You can still include text, but it will have to be followed by summary information.

Remember, my main function here is that of editor (part of my job is to put myself in the audience's place. you don't need to do that for me ;)). I have to know what you're trying to achieve. Also, I'm a lazy bastard. If it doesn't relate to what you're trying to do now or a goal you're trying to achieve in the future (which I should know about), it will most likely confuse me or slow me down. The superfluous stuff would be best for the game and submission threads (your audience).

Also, what's written in the game thread has no bearing on turn submissions unless you tell me so explicitly in the private submission.

So to clarify:

Private Submission - actual game mechanics stuff. This is the stuff I can respond best to, to help you achieve what you want to do, and maybe even answer some questions. Also, the most effective way to advance your character.

Public Submission - Presentation. What you want the audience and/or your fellow players to know. But if you don't tell me about how it works or doesn't by your private submission, I can't fit it into the game (i.e., it becomes Game Thread stuff).

Game Thread - Embellishment, flavor, and off-the-cuff improvisation.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Alek's a loon. He wants me to hang these signs.
Problems with critters? Infestations? Call Alek's Pest Control. Whether termites are eating your Trees, Dragons are knocking your towers down, or anything inbetween, APC can take care of it for you. Receive a six-week course on the Kama Sutra absolutely free when you hire us! Don't be fooled by the imitators; Alek's Pest Control is Gont's premiere pest control company! Oh Hell, we're the best in all of Stovakor!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
nameless
Servant of the Land

Post by nameless »

Heh! Um, is the free gift transferable to a more deserving pupil? I think there's a white elephant party around here somewhere.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'm sure Alek would be flexible on that point. (How could someone teaching the KS not be flexible, for cryin' out loud, eh?) And who knows, if the pupil is deserving enough, he might throw in a free lesson or two. (You did say the pupil was female, didn't you?)
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
nameless
Servant of the Land

Post by nameless »

Oh, I think if I were to be hire the exterminator, I'd be obligated to throw that bonus off into the unknown. Who knows into whose hands it would land?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Ok, folks, name the movie. :mrgreen:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Excerpt from chapter 632 of The Chronicles of Stovakor, written by Wan:
And lo, the day came that saw Stovakor turned to paradise! The primary reason being the lessons of Lord Bhakti, taught by my mentor and friend, Alek. In the early days of Alek's career as Stovakor's foremost preacher, many said such lessons did not have a snowball's cha... Well, very little chance. Once begun, however, the glory and beauty of Love could not be denied.

A secondary factor - of not insignificant importance - was the fact that the Overfiend, for reasons unknown, abruptly disappeared. Without the Overfiend's malignant influence, Alek's following, already strong, had no impediment on it's road to transforming Hell.

(Welcome to Xar's world, Syl. :mrgreen:)
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:(Welcome to Xar's world, Syl. :mrgreen:)
*collapses in giggles*

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

...oh g-ds...

...yes Fist, I do still plan to txt you if results appear...
patience, padawan
Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

The Overfiend in his Notebook wrote:The only one not on scene is Niggle, still recovering from her encounter with the foreign demon. His intrusion has been noticed and his presence now forbidden.
...fudge...

Not what I intended at all...

*looks around*

Now where in Hell (if you'll pardon the expression), am I? ;)
Who knows where madness lies?
To surrender Dreams, this may be madness, to seek treasure where there is only trash?
Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all is to see life as it is, and not how it should be!
~ Cervantes
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The road twisted on around a bend. The plain diminished; the embankments sprouting bushes and the occasional scrawny tree that offered shade from the blistering light source up above. Niggle eyed a glade off the side of the road and looked at Derlebn. The One showed no sign of discomfort. But Niggle was ready to rest, so she shifted her direction, making for the glade…
-George Steiner

Return to “Purgatory”