Purgatory Rules & Comments

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

BAM!!!! Nameless 1, Dragon 0! :LOLS!

So then... Syl, how's the Game thread work? Niggle never meets Nameless? Alek never meets either? (Or does he meet Nameless before or after the dragon attack?) Metatron meets Nameless while the dragon is dazed? Nobody meets Iblis?
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The game thread's just filler. Elaboration and conversation. If you don't put it in a public or private submission, I don't use it. And the Notebook shouldn't be presumed to list everything that happened. Heck, for all you guys know the Overfiend could be a pathological liar. ;) They're just notes. For what purpose... *shrug*. If a character meets another in their private submission, I most likely wouldn't mention it in the Notebook. If they say they meet in the public submission, unless informed otherwise, assume that they do.
Last edited by [Syl] on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

The Overfiend wrote:
The road twisted on around a bend. The plain diminished; the embankments sprouting bushes and the occasional scrawny tree that offered shade from the blistering light source up above. Niggle eyed a glade off the side of the road and looked at Derlebn. The One showed no sign of discomfort. But Niggle was ready to rest, so she shifted her direction, making for the glade…
...but...

I did wind up somewhere else in what I submitted privately...

*sigh*

The Overfiend has spoken, and I accept...

I do understand the Game thread is for color, and nothing "official" happens outside of public and private turns...
Who knows where madness lies?
To surrender Dreams, this may be madness, to seek treasure where there is only trash?
Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all is to see life as it is, and not how it should be!
~ Cervantes
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Niggle wrote:I did wind up somewhere else in what I submitted privately...
You assumed too much. For one, your actions didn't match up with at least one other person's that you mentioned. For another, other events transpired. You were not part of these events, so you remain off-scene.

I guess I should've been specific about where your private submission ended, but I think how the notebook laid out the events made it fairly clear.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Fair enough.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Nameless, I really want to know how you punched out a dragon! :lol: Assuming it was a punch, that is. Do you go to a gym regularly? Brass knuckles? Did you bewitch it with your powers of hypnosis? Ah, what an image! Dragon speeding down, roaring and blazing - and getting bitch-slapped!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
nameless
Servant of the Land

Post by nameless »

That's very kind... it's nothing against dragons, particularly. If it's any consolation, the dragon wasn't even seen until the last instant. Roughly.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Who could blame you? Damned worm tried stealing from you. Caused property damage before that. Might not be a loving dragon after all. Alek's gonna be pretty sad. :(
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Well, folks, I'm wrapping it up. Thanks for playing, but interest, not all that strong to begin with, appears to have waned. Thanks for your contributions. I hope you had fun. Don't look to me for any big answers, as I don't have any. :mrgreen: About all I can say is that I am a bit disappointed we never made it past the outer ring.
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Aw, I only missed one turn!! And caam just had a baby, so...
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I didn't say whose interest. ;) But yeah, when you only have two out of six players submitting turns, it does make it hard when this is entirely a collaborative effort. And nothing's been posted in the game thread in two months, so... *shrug*
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I understand.
It was fun and a challenge for me while it lasted. :)
I will miss the game and Niggle as a character.

...although I really wish I could know how much trouble Niggle would have been in after this turn...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

*shrug* Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. Gotta say I was having some problems figuring out exactly what to do...definitely wasn't sure where it was going. Thanks for trying anyway.

--A
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I had a definite plan. (Although it got sidetracked when I decided to shake things up by attacking Iblis. :mrgreen:) I was showing all the inhabitants the true nature of Hell, so they could be free from its tortures, or simply leave. It was working out pretty well, although snags tend to come up. Heh.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

Yo, Iblis, can you post the results when I tried to wreck your tower? Just curious how it looked from your side. I had no big plan, just having fun! :D
When there is time, when I am away from everyone, including even Raesh and Wan, I sneak off for some hijinks! :D Some scary looking guy, Iblis, has built this big tower. I assume the form of the largest dragon I can manage reasonably well, and try to knock it down!! How much fun will that be?!?! :D :D I just hope I can hold my form together, because I think I'll be laughing my ass off!!
When your life is filled with Love, ...uh... it's a pretty neat thing.
nameless
Servant of the Land

Post by nameless »

Thank you, Syl, for a really open and inventive game.

I am sorry things waned to a halt... a horrible time for the double whammy of a holiday snow storm and a shut down computer. So much for coming back in and getting back on the road!

Return to “Purgatory”