Weretiger's Curse - Journey to Tethil

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian turned to Vargon with a radiant smile on her face, but with her eyes turned to flint.

"Do not cast caste aspersions on to me! I left that behind in my father's house. You were supposed to be left behind with your comrades as well. Judge me not!!"

With that she turned abruptly away from Vargon, and took a stance on the other side of the party away from them all.

As she stood there fuming, a shout was heard up the road. Glancing in the direction of the shout, she saw a large massive figure approach. Perhaps she should rethink her hostility towards Vargon after all...

But the cleric seemed to have things well in hand. Best to let Vargon continue to stew.
Last edited by Irian on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

[uncomfortable pause] Well met, all. [Ahem] Someone spoke of a meal?
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Well met indeed, Brother Charn," said Xavier, grinning back. It always paid to be on good terms with Clerics...never knew when they'd come in handy. And with a bit of luck, he would either learn to sing, or stop trying.

"A meal we said, and a meal we meant...and perhaps our large friend will join us as well?"

He looked up at the massive half-orc, hoping he had his own food, while mentally scratching a days worth of rations from his inventory. Ah well, he'd be able to restock in town no doubt.

"Anyway, yes, as Brother Charn has divined, I am indeed Xavier. And my skills are many and varied, I can assure you."

He smiled again, amused by the obvious tension between the big bodyguard and his elven charge, and grateful that it wasn't him who had to watch over her.

This bunch was definitely showing promise...a bit top heavy on the manly muscled fighter front perhaps, but Clerics were always handy, and if nothing else the fighters would provide quite a lot of cover. Especially the half-orc Barbarian. Hell, you could practically hide a horse behind him.

As he laid out the provisions tht had so far been offered to the common meal, he wondered what the elf-girl thought she'd be doing when the ravening monster or whatever it was leapt out at them.

Still...he thought, counting his blessings...at least they didn't have to deal with any magicians. That was definitely a point on the plus side.

"If everybody agrees," he said sitting down again, "I suggest that once we finish our meal we head to the town hall, and try and find out exactly what the problem is, and how much reward they're offering...there may be others already gathered."
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

A well-dressed man approaches from the direction of the town. He's in peasant's outfit but it's clearly of higher quality material and cut than the standard you're used to.

He stops when he gets within comfortable talking distance of your group

As soon as he starts talking you notice he has one of those monotonous droning voices which it is possible to obtain only through years of practice at trying to sound superior to the one you're speaking to.

"Hello there, I'm the mayor's assistant! Am I right in assuming that you lot are a bunch of adventurers here to help us with our little problem? Well, follow me, I'll take you to the mayor and he'll explain exactly what's up!"

Audio

Without even waiting for an answer he about-faces and heads back towards the town. If you're to follow him back you'll have to hurry!
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian reached forward and quickly repacked the rations; she could continue to wait to break her fast. Nimbly leaping to her feet, she proffered a hand to Vargon to assist his rising in contrition for her earlier attitude. He was simply doing what her father contracted him to do and unless she wanted to be resentful the entire time he was with her she needed to do an attitude check, and quick.

Once he was on his feet, she cast a glance at the retreating official. "Ready? c'mon then!" and made to follow with due haste.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"She's in an unholy rush to get clawed or eaten or whatever it is that whatever it is does..." Xavier muttered to the Cleric. "It's not like they're going to start without us...we're probably the best chance this sorry little town has ever seen..."

Nonetheless, he gathered his belongings, then stood casually, finishing his rations while he waited for the others to stir themselves.

Let the elf-girl rush ahead...she'd soon learn the consequences of being too eager. He'd walk calmly down with the rest of the party...
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

He sat down on the ground and he took a peace of bread... chewing it nervously due to the actions of Irian.
She made him upset because he can't understand her... he's trying to keep her safe... she should be thankful... instead she went away...

His thoughts were interrupted by the presence of the huge half-orc. What muscles! he thought.

Then he looked to Xavier.
"Sure, Xavier, i'm anxious to know better what kind of trouble my lady will jump in..."
He shook his head...

when the assistant spoke and Irian followed him, he walked with her.
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Brother Charn sighs, picks his rucksack back up, and grabs a piece of hard tack. Before taking a bite, he intones, "MorningSun grace this meal with strength and zeal."
[mouth full] "Now, to find out what noble quest awaits us."
Charn pauses to wait for the others to join him in the assistant's nascent retinue.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

That town respresentative had made his appearance very quickly. Either the 'problem' was extremely serious, or he believed it to be. Either way, the rest of the group were wandering off, and Roark thought it best to follow. He lingered at the rear as he walked, keeping the others in sight.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

At the head of the group, Irian surreptitiously glanced up at the tall human besides her, and smiled inwardly. She truly had no idea what she was getting herself into, and perhaps it won't be all that bad an idea to have someone watch her back...
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon was walking frowned. He didn't know what kind of feeling were storming inside of him.
Sometimes he would like to talk to Irian and thell her that she was so childish! Sometimes he would like to tell her that her life is really important for him.

For a moment he saw her gaze at him, but when he realized that, she turned her head quickly forward again.

He had a mission, he had a feeling with her. No one and nothing has to hurt her... this is the first rule...
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

You follow the mayor's assistant to an important looking building just off the town square.

The square is a large open space with lots of cart tracks and footprints. Tethil is a market town, and this must be where the market takes place, but there's no action here today.

The mayor's assistant starts talking again:

"Here we are then. Everyone take a seat in the waiting room, the mayor is currently busy, but he'll be with you shortly. Help yourself to biscuits!"

Audio

You see a bowl full of many and varied different biscuits sitting on a table in the mayor's waiting room. There are 6 chairs in the room.

There's door leading further inward and it says "Mayor's office" on it. You suspect that's probably where the mayor is at the moment.

Your suspicions are confirmed when the assistant says "I'll let the mayor know you're here" and goes through the door. He shuts it behind himself.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn grabs a medium-sized biscuit to jam into his mouth, sets down his rucksack next to a chair at one end, removes his mace to set next to him, then takes a seat. He immediately wiggles a bit as he chews the biscuit - the chair is quite uncomfortable.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian hesitated before taking a biscuit and finding a chair. Six chairs? And no other potential adventurers in the room besides her group? Selecting a biscuit, she sat down at random and chewed thoughtfully.

Were they the only ones who have answered the call that was put forth on the flyer? Or were they merely the latest to arrive? If the latter, where are the others who seek adventure and glory for themselves? If the former...?
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon took a look around the room.

He saw Irian sit on a chair, he felt immediatly the impulse to follow her and to sit near her.

That situation could ever be a trap. Six chairs... six adventurer...

His eyes roamed from one fellow to the other... only the priest of Pelor could be trusted... he didn't know much of the other in that room.

Nervously he grabbed the hilt of his sword...
then he sat near Irian.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Taking a biscuit to eat, and pocketing a few more for good measure, Xavier leant leisurely against the wall of the room, picking a spot from which he could see both doors, but was unable to be seen from the window.

While he waited, he looked interestedly around the room, at the other occupants, and through the window into the town.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Roark watched as the others began scurrying around the room, taking biscuits and sitting on chairs, but remained beside the door. Leaning against the wall, he folded his arms and waited. Let them carelessly devour the free food if they wished. Roark planned on living a little longer.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Xavier grinned at the half-orc's obvious distrust. Poor bastard had obviously only met a very single-minded type of human.

He nodded amiably at the Barbarian. "They'll be safe friend. These people want our help, and they're willing to pay for it. They're not going to poison us now. Oh no, the time to be careful is after we've done what they want. Believe me, I'll not be eating at the celebration feast...nor drinking either. But these'll be fine."

He reached out and snagged a couple more, which disappeared into one of his pouches. "Might be glad of them later..."

"I'm Xavier...that hopped up clerk turned up before we could get properly introduced...

You come from far?"
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Sitting in a dark corner of the room, Caamora had tried to successfully remained unnoticed by the new group that had entered. Meditation had helped her remain quiet and motionless - as a statue.

She looked everyone over. She had never seen - an orc? - before. She had read about them, though. She looked at the slender man that moved with cat's grace. He eyes passed to the woman in the group. Another elf. Fancy that. Then the fighter. He looked like a good sort. One remained by the door. Curious, that.

She felt no need to make introductions just yet. She wanted to observe for as long as possible before they noticed her.
The King has one more move.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Xavier. This one, at least, seemed to have some sense.

"I can see the sense in what you say. Still, I take as few risks as I can. Until we become more familiar, my attitude to the biscuits will also be my attitude to you."

He smiled a little, but not too broadly.

"You speak to me though. That's not a bad start, as human/half-orc relations go."

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”