Weretiger's Curse - The mission

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Go ahead and take it if it suits brother."

Scanning the undergrowth, Xavier prepared to restart the march, intending to keep much closer to the group this time.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"this armor seems to fit perfectly to you, my friend. You have my vote to wear this armor."

He opened his hand and a leather pouch. He made the pouch clinking with his hand.

"My friends... it seemes that some coins will be splitted for us all..." he said winking.
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The pouch contains 425 gold pieces.

If shared evenly this comes to 71 gold pieces each (I've rounded up for simplicity)
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"that's it my friends. now go to the Weaselville village!"
he said giving the money to each of is fellow
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

You travel onward to Weaselville, encountering no further trouble along the way.

A couple of hours pass and when you get there it's evening.

Weaselville is a small mining community. Most of the accommodations look hastily built and temporary, There does seem to be a main square though, and there's a rather grand building there you immediately recognise as the merchants' guild headquarters (it says merchants' guild headquarters on the sign). It has a set of large wooden double doors. The doors are shut.

Directly opposite it, across the dirt square, you see a tavern. The miners must have finished work for the day because you can hear shouting and fun coming from inside, and there's lots of coarse language floating out of the wide open entryway. The glow of the light spilling out makes it look a warm and welcome sight.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Making some other steps
"oh well, my friends, what is our next move? i think the best is to go to talk directly with the guild and find the silver the blacksmith is waiting for... what do you think my friends?"

He turned on his feet to look at his fellows
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Agreed my friend," Xavier replied. "The merchants make the trade deliveries, so we speak to them first." And then maybe a drink..." He looked appraisingly at the tavern...
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

"Yes, the merchants guild."
The King has one more move.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

[ooc] Nathan let us enter the guild :P[/ooc]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

"Agreed, the Guild be the quickest way to learn the fate of the silver shipments."

Charn also looks about for an Inn - especially one that might have a washtub, that he may use to de-stink his new armour.;)
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Suppressing disappointment at the lack of a library, Irian nodded. "If there is anyone inside those closed doors, then yes. Let us start there."
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

You all walk up to the merchants' guild doors and knock.

A small sliding windows opens up, a man's face is visible on the other side. He says "go away" and slides it closed again."
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

[Speaking loud enough to be heard through the door] "Sir! When shall the Guild be open again? In the morning?"
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"We have urgent business with the Guildmaster," Xavier added.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The little sliding window opens up again.

"I said go away! We're not open!"
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

"But sir, why be you not open? We have business to attend to, be you open or not."
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Xavier attempts to dart his hand through the sliding window and grab the speaker by the nose...
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The man starts speaking again:

"We're not open because the guild masters are all in bed asleep and will not be woken for such as you!"

Xavier suddenly whips his hand through the gap in the door and attempts to grab the speaker by the nose.

Xavier manages not to smash his hand on the door, but the man is too quick for him and slides the little window shut again while Xavier's hand is still in there! Xavier's hand gets crushed in the door and he takes 1 damage.

"That'll teach you to stick your hands where they're not welcome!" you hear from the other side of the door, followed by some sniggering.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Xavier laughs and calls through the door..."Alright friend, I deserved that. But you fail to appreciate the urgency of our need to see the guildmaster...perhaps you do not care, but innocent livesmay hang in the balance, not to mention the lives of your customers in Tethil.

Will your master not even stir himself to ensure his profit margins?"
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"While the gentlemen in my party discuss profit margins, I am in desperate need of some additional goods," Irian inserted. "The reputation of the merchants of Weaselville is legendary." [ooc]diplomacy and bluff(?)[/ooc] "I would love a chance to peruse any samples in the hall, if possible.

"I'll wait until the morrow if I must, but my purse responds more generously if I haven't been previously disappointed..." she pouted.
Last edited by Irian on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”