Weretiger's Curse - The mission

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian sips her wine, and a serene look comes over her. "A bowl of stew and some bread would be welcome. And I will also take a room. Here's another silver for your trouble."

Taking her meal and goblet, Irian moves around the room, chatting and smiling with a miner here and there.

[ooc]dw has been AFK on a camping trip, but I have updated him via text. He wishes me to post the following, though he will return later tonight.[/ooc]
Brother Charn via text, using Menolly's interpretation of his request, wrote:"I'll take some stew and a mug as well, and Pelor bless you for it. A room for the night would be welcome.

"Tell me, be there a need for Healing?"

[ooc]Charn offers non-magical healing services in exchange for information regarding the silver, why shipments have stopped, and if the guild would hire us to take the silver back to Tethil.[/ooc]
After several hours talking with the locals, Irian returns to her friends, looking puzzled. "It seems the silver mine has stopped producing, and no one has worked it in awhile."
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Seating himself at a rough-hewn table, the slender rogue quickly took care of the stew which at least was hot and filling, before finishing his mug of bitter ale.

Hearing Irian's comments, he replied, "Sounds like we should be talking to the miners then." Under his breath, he continued, "Probably monsters, or magic...watch and see."

He sighed, cast his gaze around the room, looking for a likely miner, then rising, strode over to him...
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon finished all his stew and the mug of beer in few minutes.

"milady, do you also know why the mining has been stopped?" he asked ,thinking at various causes
In the name of the King, i will serve!
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

To the barman, "Stew would be much welcomed."

Privately to Irian: "My lady, perhaps we women can share a room? We are in a strange town, strange inn, and there are safety in numbers. I would be willing to split the cost of the room with you. I understand, however, if you would prefer not to and would take no offense."
The King has one more move.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Vargon wrote:"milady, do you also know why the mining has been stopped?" he asked ,thinking at various causes
"No, my friend, and it has me most puzzled. The locals seemed almost tight lipped about why." Lowering her voice, she continued, "Since we were told alchemical silver is the only thing effective against lycanthropes, I almost wonder if one in human form somehow arranged for the mine to abandoned.
"But," shaking her head and giggling ruefully , "I am letting the fanciful stories of my youth get a grip on me again."
caamora wrote:Privately to Irian: "My lady, perhaps we women can share a room? We are in a strange town, strange inn, and there are safety in numbers. I would be willing to split the cost of the room with you. I understand, however, if you would prefer not to and would take no offense."
Wide smile of relief...

"That would be most welcome, my sister in quest. I had thought of suggesting it earlier, but was unsure if you needed solitude for your meditations and ablutions.

"But please, I had every intention of paying for the room myself. And I will be happy to continue to do so for as long as we travel together.

"Besides, I don't need much "sleep" each night, and company is welcome at times to break the silence. Although I do miss the song of the woods of my home at night..."
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"mmm... milady... i think we have to be more 'incisive' to obtain information... maybe a coupple of coins should work well..."

he turned to Xavier

"What do you think my friend? You seems to be at ease with such kind of tasks" he winked
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

As he passed the fighter, Xavier returned the wink..."Agreed my friend...a coin often achieves what even a winning smile cannot."

He continued toward the miner he had singled out, intent on asking a few of those questions.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Turning back towards Caamora, Irian holds up her goblet. "Would you care to split another with me? I'll ask the innkeeper if he would put it into two glasses. It is not a bad vintage for such a place, but I think one and a half will do me fine, and I would hate to waste the other half of a second."
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

"Indeed, I would welcome another half. Thank you."
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon moved his gaze from one person to another, searching for some particular man or woman that could be of some notice for him.

[ooc] i'd like to check if Vargon is able to see someone of interest[/ooc]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian makes her way back to the bar, and signals the innkeeper over. "A second goblet of wine please, and may I have two extra glasses? Much thanks."

Returning to Caamora with the wine and glasses, Irian asks, "May I inquire as to what piqued your interest regarding the troubles in Tethil? And do you have any idea on how we should approach the Guild on the morrow? I really do need a few more supplies, and am hopeful I'll stumble upon a talkative merchant while browsing and shopping."
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

"Nothing unusual piqued my curiosity. I needed life experience to continue with my path as a monk. It was required of me as part of my training."

"I agree that a talkative merchant might be just what we need. Then again, all we need is to purchase the silver. Then we can return to the blacksmith and the making of a weapon to kill the weretiger."

"But, perhaps we can talk more later. I think we should focus on the task at hand - gathering information before the bar clears out for the night."

(ooc) I would like to use Appraise and see if there is someone of interest - someone who might be willing to talk to me.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian watched Caamora wander off, and turned to speak with Roark. But she was unsure as to where he settled himself, and didn't see him. After four hours chatting with the locals to get what information she already shared, she doubted she would get much more without raising questions of their own.

The tavern was crowded, and Irian found it stuffy. And she suspected the room she and Caamora were to share would feel even more constricting. She missed the freedom of the woods; she missed Olgion, her hermit tutor, even more.

Unable to take the closeness of humanity any longer, Irian went back out the tavern doors, and leaned against the rail post looking toward the street. She could just make out the night sky. Humming to herself, she broke out in song to the evenstar...

Ú i vethed nâ i onnad.
Si boe ú-dhanna.
Ae ú-esteli, esteliach nad.

Ú i vethed nâ i onnad.
Nâ boe ú i.

Estelio han, estelio han, estelio,
estelio han, estelio veleth.

[Es]teliach nad, estelio han.

Allowing her grief for Olgion to wash over her, she let the tune drift off into the night...

[ooc]I am hoping it is OK to use songs from other sources, as I have no talent in composing such myself. This is actually supposedly Sindarin, from The Two Towers soundtrack, based on words by Tolkien. So far, I have had no luck finding songs in "Elven" or "Sylvan."[/ooc]
Evenstar

Not the end, [it] is the beginning.
Now it is necessary not to fall.
If you don't have trust, trust in something.

Not the end, [it] is the beginning.
It is necessary not to do that.

Trust this, trust this, trust...
...trust this, trust love.

You trust something, trust this.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

It's getting very late and time for everyone to turn in for the night if they want to get a good night's sleep.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Off to bed...
[ooc] Any useful info in exchange for all that healin?[/ooc]
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Having spoken to the miner, Xavier heads off to bed, eager for a good nights rest, and an early start.
Last edited by Xavier on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[ooc]hoping my connection at home stays stable long enough to get a post in[/ooc]

Irian hears the sound of the tavern closing up for the night, and debates heading up to her room. Walking to the innkeeper she asks, "Is it safe for a woman to remain out on the porch after you close? And is there a way inside to my room should I decide to go up later?"
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Having returned to the portico and breathing in the silence and stillness of the night, Irian eventually makes her way upstairs to her and Caamora's room. She quietly moves a chair to the small window to best view the night sky and what trees she can see, and slowly enters trance.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Okay, you all get a good night's sleep (and pay 2 silver pieces for staying at the inn).

The next day arrives and you all wake up and meet downstairs in the tavern, ready for the day's activities.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Sitting in the inn with the rest of the party before setting off, Xavier confides to them..."The miner last night told me that the merchant's guild, in its greed, ordered the miners deeper than ever into the mine. Some disaster occurred, and not one miner escaped. Some guards were sent in after them, and after they emerged, the mine was boarded up, and no-one has entered it since.

I think we should return immediately to the merchant's guild, and ask our questions of the guild master, post haste."

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”