Weretiger's Curse - ~OoC~ Comments

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Irian
Giantfriend

Weretiger's Curse - ~OoC~ Comments

Post by Irian »

So...

Who all here heard my scream of frustration when we were told the smith did not have any silver? ;)

I will admit here to being in touch with several of you ~OoC~ regarding the campaign via PM and messengers. But it may be easier in some instances to post a question or comment for everyone here.

For instance, I already told Nathan, Paolo, and dw privately, but figure a general post is easier. I will be AFK from about noon until tomorrow morning, EDT. But I don't want to hold up the game. If things progress fairly rapidly today, continue.

I have several objectives, if we arrive safely.

1) Get the silver and return it to the smith safely. If this happens, Xavier knows one thing I had in mind, as well as Nathan. There were others, but I'll see where we are at before or after my trip.

2) If the g-ds smile upon us, and Weasleville turns out to be the capital city where the apothecary's tutor is located, attempt to seek him out and see if he is willing to teach us, or at least me, a little more regarding lycanthropes.

3) If my hope of that is denied, seek out a library for further research. I assume doing such would keep me occupied while I am literally out of touch.

Also... *blush*

I am enjoying this, and as with Fist for Pantheon, if anyone wishes to stay in touch with me via text so I can tell them a reaction, or just to update me on what's going on, PM me and I'll give you my number. I can send emails via my cell, but they are severely limited in character length compared to actual texts.

Nathan, if you do not like the idea of this thread, feel free to delete...
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

OK all, Hyperception and I are out of here.
I sent test texts to dw, Paolo, and Nathan, and have heard back from dw and Paolo. So, if my input should be needed...

Otherwise, I will see you all tomorrow!
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

A quick FYI...

Beorn's been ill, and we are leaving for a doctor's appointment. I'll return as quickly as possible...
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Take care of your child and don't think at the game for a moment!!! :P
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Done!!!
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

very well ;)
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Speaking of afk time - dw will be leaving for a weekend 'camping' trip ~4pm today, and likely won't return to the watch until Sunday evening (EST).

Until then, DM, NPC me if you please (just don't forget the "be's", please! :lol:)
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

A fun aside.

Beorn and I had Chinese for lunch after his doctor's appointment today. My fortune cookie fortune said...

You will have gold pieces by the bushel...

:biggrin:
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

I'm going to be pretty busy for the next couple of days because of a combination of work and my sister coming up for a visit. I'll still be updating but not as frequently.

We'll be back to normal service in a few days, so no need to panic!
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Thanks for the status update, DM!
Have a fun time with your sister.

(oh...I really hope Xar's status post on Pantheon processing on his FaceBook is true then)

Ooo...wait.
I think Purgatory officially launches tomorrow...

OK...I'm covered. ;)
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

OK all, my laptop is trashed; I've been posting from UF's architecture computer lab this weekend. But, I don't know if I can get to it during the school day.

I'm most likely out of here for the night; I'll try and get access at the library or somewhere off and on tomorrow.

See you when I do!
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Could someone help me get a feel for currency? I understand it's 100>10>1. 10 copper to a silver, 10 silver to a gold. But, what is a typical wage? I just realized between the wine, meal, and room, I spent over 1 gp. How long would it take a typical person to earn 1 gp?

I read the wealth and money description on the d20srd site, but...

Some things aren't meshing for me. I mean 5 sp for a pound of tobacco, but 5 gp for a pound salt? Are we operating in a medieval setting as far as the availability of more "exotic" items, such as salt? I can't figure out if 5 sp for a room was reasonable or not, and if the possibility of bartering the rate down is advisable...

Help...
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

my dear friends, i will leave for my summer vacation, so i probably won't be able to check the forum untill August 19.

Natahn keep safe my character plz and help Irian with him ;)

Pam, i'm sorry but i'm not the right person to explain it. Each setting has its own economy, so for example in my personal setting 10 gold coins are the payment for a full year of work of a miner. but if the setting is different even one gold coin could be... so i think Nathan is the best to answer your question.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

This is really not working. Time to depart, I think.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

:( It's not like much is happening right now...and it's less than a month 'til you'll be back online properly...
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Agreed with Av.
Don't leave, Cj, if it is lack of access you are referring to.

...speaking of which, has anyone seen or heard from Nathan? I understand his sister was visiting for the weekend, but I hadn't heard anything since. I hope all is OK...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Xavier wrote::( It's not like much is happening right now...and it's less than a month 'til you'll be back online properly...
Not quite... My housemates move in around 27th September, and we'll get connected sometime after that (hopefully pretty quickly, but at my last house it took almost three months).

While it may be true that not much is happening, it doesn't really work to have my character just standing silently by. Character interaction is pretty important. I PMed Nathan for his thoughts but haven't heard back yet.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

I'm back everyone. I've had a busy few days, but I'll be updating regularly again now.

Sorry to hear you're leaving, CovJr. I'll keep your spot open so that you can return (if you want to) when you get your internet connection back.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Nathan wrote:I'm back everyone. I've had a busy few days, but I'll be updating regularly again now.
Yay!!
Nathan wrote:Sorry to hear you're leaving, CovJr.

Nathan wrote:I'll keep your spot open so that you can return (if you want to) when you get your internet connection back.
...well...at least that's something...

Roark will be missed in the meantime...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Menolly wrote:
Nathan wrote:I'll keep your spot open so that you can return (if you want to) when you get your internet connection back.
...well...at least that's something...

Roark will be missed in the meantime...
No he won't, he's only made three posts. :P

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”