The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

The Edge of Hell

Post by Montresor »

The worst climax to a movie ever, probably:

Edge of Hell

Keep in mind, this is not a comedy. I saw this with a friend about ten years ago. It's so boring and just plain terrible, but this ending just came out of nowhere. We almost died laughing.

Has anyone else seen this film?

Oh, and the song playing during the fight is by the band whose members include the main character . . . but you'd probably guess that based off his ridiculous costume alone.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Honestly I thought those puppet demons were kinda adorable. Definitely like muppets.

Did you ever see Manos and the Hand of Fate? This kinda vaguely reminds me of that.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Is this the movie where people's eyes bleed and there is a dead priest or something? And isn't there some people in a car that see the dead priest and their eyes bleed and then they start vomiting intestines? If so, then it is a really dumb and gross movie. But I enjoyed it.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Holsety wrote: Did you ever see Manos and the Hand of Fate? This kinda vaguely reminds me of that.
I've only seen bits of Manos, here and there. That's probably a good thing . . .
Cagliostro wrote:Is this the movie where people's eyes bleed and there is a dead priest or something? And isn't there some people in a car that see the dead priest and their eyes bleed and then they start vomiting intestines? If so, then it is a really dumb and gross movie. But I enjoyed it.
That's , City of the Living Dead an Italian horror movie classic by Lucio Fulci. Not one of his best, though it's definitely enjoyable. City of the Living Dead also has the most ridiculously over protective father ever.

Edge of Hell is something totally, totally shit.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Reave the Unjust
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Reave the Unjust »

Montresor wrote:Edge of Hell is something totally, totally shit.
I see what you mean!
Thanks for the warning. :D
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Montresor wrote:
Cagliostro wrote:Is this the movie where people's eyes bleed and there is a dead priest or something? And isn't there some people in a car that see the dead priest and their eyes bleed and then they start vomiting intestines? If so, then it is a really dumb and gross movie. But I enjoyed it.
That's , City of the Living Dead an Italian horror movie classic by Lucio Fulci. Not one of his best, though it's definitely enjoyable. City of the Living Dead also has the most ridiculously over protective father ever.

Edge of Hell is something totally, totally shit.
The title I came across "City of the Living Dead" as was "The Gates of Hell." I just wiki'd it. I wonder why several movies have multiple titles. Is it all about who translates/dubs it and what they want to name it?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Cagliostro wrote: The title I came across "City of the Living Dead" as was "The Gates of Hell." I just wiki'd it. I wonder why several movies have multiple titles. Is it all about who translates/dubs it and what they want to name it?
I think it's also known as Fear in the City of the Living Dead (as if a city of the dead would not be a fearful place). Titles for foreign features usually have a lot to do with the companies who distribute them internationally. Often, the original film-makers have no control over the international distribution process.

Titles are especially strange when they go from English-language countries to China and Japan. For instance, The Full Monty is known in China as Five Naked Pig Warriors.

Return to “Flicks”