Rdhopeca
29%
Danlo
71%

Total votes: 7

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Nationstates - Andelain Regional Delegate

Post by Avatar »

Regional Delegates receive one additional World Assembly vote per regional WA member that endorses them.

In other words, right now, with 6 WA members in Andelain, the regional delegate will effectively cast 7 votes for or against the current WA resolution. This does not affect member-states voting, they vote as normal.

To endorse a nation, simply click on their nation name, and at the bottom, click on "Endorse Nation." Only WA member states may endorse a nation.

In addition, Regional Delegates can support or ignore proposals. When a proposal reaches a certain amount of Regional support, it becomes a WA Resolution to be voted on by member states.

First, I suggest that as many member nations as are willing join the WA. For the current WA proposal, I submit that members vote as they wish, since we are unlikely to have selected a regional delegate before voting closes on the 6th.

Please use this thread to nominate a Regional Delegate...once we have nominations and seconds, I'll start a poll for the vote. If you intend to vote for a member, you need to be a member of the WA, or intend joining it. (It takes 24 hours to have your membership processed.)

I'll probably also suggest that we take turns at it, so remember that if you're a delegate, you might have a fixed term. :D

(Please note that Regional Control will not be vested in the Delegate, the founding nation will retain it for security purposes.)

Lord High Chancellor
Dominion of VivAsana.
Last edited by Avatar on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Do nominations need to be seconded before the nominee accepts the nomination?

...and are you interested in serving as regional delegate to start, Av?
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

huh? :?
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I'll give the first round a go if no one really wants it....
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Stutty
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Stutty »

Bureurcracy, bureurcracy, bureurcracy...

Votes, seconds, making it fair...

This is what will hold your nations back.

I say, endorse the nation that most closely represents your views on the issue (with the possible rule that the endorsement must occur early enough for the delegate to act on a vote.)

The system is dynamic, self-organizing, and allows for bribery, back scratching, and corruption. :D

Stutt
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1001001 = ASC(73) = "I"
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Is that really any different? If the delegate follows the majority rule in its vote, or the delegate is elected by a majority for each vote, the net result is the same, isn't it?

We just need to make sure that the delegate is willing to follow the majority for the delegate vote while still maintaining his/her own vote, such that the delegate can vote one way and then use the nation's vote to go the other way.

Also, there are many proposals on tap. We would need to decide how we are going to vote on those as well.
Rob

Post by Avatar »

I'm fine with rdhopeca as the first Regional Delegate. However, I move that Regional Delegates terms are one month only, at least initially, until everybody who wants a go gets one.

As for the proposals, I suggest everybody read them. If there is one you'd like supported by the delegate, start a thread for proposals, post it, and we can come to a regional consensus regarding whether or not the delegate should support it.

Not sure if delegates can vote seperately from the majority, although the rest can I believe.

(Oh, just a reminder...I think Syl is running two nations IIRC...according to the rules, if you have more than one nation, only one of them may be a WA member. They police this one hard, to prevent skewing votes.)

--A
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I don't really get all this WA stuff. I haven't seen any resolutions, either. There's usually one just finished whenever I come online, but I've yet to see an active one.

As an aside, I just got an issue called 'Zombies on the dinner table?' :lol:
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I read this:
Regular WA member nations each get one vote. Regional Delegates, however, get an additional vote for every WA member in their region who endorses them. This can makes Delegates from large regions quite powerful.
As meaning I would have my vote plus the delegate vote. But I could be reading it wrong.

If it's only for a month, I'm cool not having my vote during that time.
Rob

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

nationstates.net wrote:Regional Delegates, however, get an additional vote for every WA member in their region who endorses them. This can makes Delegates from large regions quite powerful.
So you would get an additional vote per endorsement to be delegate. If all WA members of Andelain endorsed the same nation, that would mean at least five additional votes for the delegate, on top of their own. ...yes?
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I assume so, but I think we won't know for sure until someone does it.
Rob

Post by Avatar »

No, that's right, but I'm not sure that it's 5 (or whatever) individual votes to be cast. What I've assumed is that your single click casts 5 votes, if you have 5 endorsements.

Cj, there's a resolution in the works right now!

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I guess the idea is that the delegate's vote is powerful enough that if all who endorse the delegate vote yes, the delegate voting no would result in a net outcome of 1 vote no, making him able to essentially overrule the states which endorse him with the capability to do so.
Being a delegate guarantees that the bloc of states which endorse you will always produce a net vote in favour of your decision.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'm trying to join Andelain...can someone get me the password?-and I really am Slobeania... :biggrin:
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

We need to select a delegate today to affect the voting on the resolution. Otherwise, if we are comfortable where the vote is on the resolution as it stands, we can wait.
Rob

Post by Avatar »

Actually, voting is over, and the measure was defeated. (Which I'm happy with. :D )

So, we can go ahead with choosing our delegate in our own time.

So far, we have Rdhopeca (Try typing that 10 times fast :D ) willing to stand for a 30 day term.

Anybody else interested? If so, I'll start a poll and we can put it to the vote.

We can renegotiate the term length once we've all had a go or something.

--A
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I will, I just joined the WA...

Post by Avatar »

Please vote for the first WA Regional Delegate. Only members of the WA may vote.

Once the voting is done, you will be required to endorse the winner on Nationstates. If you are a WA member, you can do this by viewing the applicable nation, and clicking "Endorse XXX" at the bottom of the page.

Only WA member-states have this option. At present, Andelain contains 8 WA member-states.

The poll will expire in 2 days time. The voting for the current WA resolution ends in 2 days time. Please vote for your candidate as soon as possible.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Damn..sorry...I screwed that up...I forgot I made the poll expire, then wondered why we only had 3 votes.

The poll is open again. All WA members please vote.

--A
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

Is the WA the newer version of the UN? I thought the UN was a load of crap last time I played the game. Just a small clique of people coming up with the resolutions and any attempt at repealing them would get shut down before it got to a vote.

As such I will not be joing the WA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ct07:
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.

Return to “Nationstates”