Weretiger's Curse - The Journey Down the Mine

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Upon glimpsing the forest in the distance, the Rogue reminded the party, "I'm sure everybody remembers those damn plants...lets try and avoid them this time please..."

Then continuing his earlier conversation, said to the Cleric..."Indeed brother Charn...that is why I've discarded the pit and pole idea...but we know the town square is a location it has visited, and one where it might be likely to find prey.

But I don't think Vargon should hide...unless the Monk is volunteering as bait? I think he should be the bait...and the cleric hidden nearby, just in case."
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"I'm not agree... even if weretiger is a large creature, i'm quite big and the monster could choose another easyer pray... don't you think Xavier? I still think caamora is the best choice... unless she has not agreed..."

He looked at Caamora searching for her confirmation
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian looked thoughtfully towards the sky.

"We don't really know where the tiger will even be..."

Holding up her arm, she whistles shrilly, and shortly a beautifully plumed hawk lands on her forearm. Stroking it gently she coos to it, "There Merlin, my love. You will signal me should something strange appear later in the night?" Not really knowing fully if she is understood, she accepts the face rub from Merlin and feeds him a nugget of hard tack, then tosses him back to freedom.

"I am unsure how much of a watch he can provide, but perhaps an extra pair of eyes will be welcome."
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon looked to the hawk flying away

"Milady... it seems that i'm far to know all about you... I'm sure that your friend will help us"
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

"I have volunteered once to be the bait and that offer stands. As long as I know you are all there to help me fight if off. I didn't prove to be a very good fighter against the skeletons."
The King has one more move.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"If we choose one of us to be bait, I will be there to help whomever it is as best as I am able. You were more effective against the skeletons than I," she smiled towards the monk. "But my instinct is telling me if this is a shape changer, this may be the wrong approach. I need to learn more about lycanthropes, so we can discover an effective stalking method, should there be one."

Musing to herself, Irian continued, "There is no library in Tethil where I can research. I wonder if Roger or the mayor may have heard of someone in town who is known for studying arcane or unusual things, even if they have not heard that they have studied lycanthropes. If this journey goes smoothly, we should have several hours yet after visiting the smith. Perhaps if there is someone in town, I could spend some time seeking them out before we set whatever plan we agree upon in motion."
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Our time is scant, and we know that almost no one has knowledge of these things.

The town is small...one spot is as likely as another. I stand by my plan...the Monk," he bowed towards Caamora, "has bravely agreed to stand as bait. Vargon to hide right beside her, the cleric in a nearby doorway, and the magic-user and myself on overlooking rooftops."

He nodded to himself.

"The beast attacks the monk...the monk focuses on avoiding the tiger...while it's attention is engaged by her flight, Vargon attacks its flank from hiding, with the monk to support or heal as needed, and Irian and I loose arrows and bolts at it.

If it is a lycanthrope, the alchemical silver should do its work."

He glanced up at the hawk..."And your pet can provide advance warning of it's approach. If everybody else in town is tucked away, the tiger will come to us wherever we are."
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

You make the journey back to Tethil without any incidents, and you arrive in the early afternoon.

The first thing you see on your approach to Tethil is the Blacksmith's forge. He's there working on something.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian strode forth and watched the smith striking at his forge. The dancing of flames had always drawn her attention. They were so beautiful...

"Hail master Smith. We are come from Weaselville! Your silver delivery is being processed by the Merchants Guild, and should be arriving shortly. We were able to return with what silver we could carry with us, hopefully enough to make the weapons we desire. We will need them before moonrise; can you help us?"
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Give me the weapons which you require to be silvered, and I will get right to it. It'll take half an hour per weapon (or unit of ammunition) and you can either stay and wait for them, or come back and collect them later.

[Here's what it does]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian smiles warmly at the smith. "I thank you for your prompt attention to our needs. This is my box of crossbow bolts and my dagger. I would like the silver fused to the tips of the bolts and to the blade of the dagger, if you would please."

Glancing towards the sky, she continues, "I would like a private word as well, after my friends have given you their requests. I have an idea, but you would be the expert and I wish to discuss it with you. I will wait until my friends have described their needs to you."
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Greetings, master smith," the Rogue said, drawing his rapier, and unhooking his quiver from his belt.

"I would be most grateful if you could perform your process on my rapier, and as many of my arrows as possible. Also," he continued, passing him a small sack, "on these caltrops, if it can be done."

He looked around, and added, "And tell me, do you serve as the weapons dealer for the town? Or is there somewhere else I must go? I have this composite longbow for sale or trade and seek a composite shortbow to replace it."
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

"I am the weapons dealer for this town, yes.

I'll buy that longbow from you for 200 gold pieces.

I can craft you a composite shortbow, but it won't be ready for two days as they're quite difficult to make. It would cost you 75 gold pieces for a standard one, or 150 gold pieces for one which is strung specifically for you.

If you want a really good bow, I can take an extra day over it and make it with the utmost care from superior materials, but it'll cost you an extra 300 gold pieces."
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"An extra 300 on top of the 75?" he asked the blacksmith with a thoughful look in his eye.
Last edited by Xavier on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

"Yes. It's not easy making masterwork equipment and these are standard prices. You'd pay exactly the same wherever you go, which is strange really, considering that you'd expect prices to vary, even if it's just a small amount, between regions according to supply and demand.

That's the way it is though, so I'm not going to rock the boat."
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"I'll take it." He handed over the composite longbow, and laid down 17 platinum and 5 gold pieces on the blacksmith's anvil.

"And now if you'll excuse me, I have a little errand to run." He bowed slightly, and left the forge.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The blacksmith takes the longbow and hangs it on a hook, then scoops up the money and stashes it in a strongbox.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Not long afterwards, the Rogue reappeared, with his customary grin of self-satisfaction. Glancing around, he motioned Vargon off to one side and exchanged a few brief words with him, before passing him a small object.

Then turning to the rest of the party, he asked, "Well? Has everybody given their weapons to the good smith? No? Time is wasting my friends..."
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon winked to the rogue.

"master smith, i would like to imbue with alchemical silver this long sword" he gave to the smith the old longsword Vargon had.

"and... i would like to trade my wooden shield... i need a potion belt to store some potions...

And... o yes... is it possible to have 2 silvered shoulder pads with spikes" (i used shoulder pads because i dunno the english correct word :P i hope you can understand ;))
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Brother Charn proffers his mace for silvering, with a beatific smile, and a bow.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”