Weretiger's Curse - The Journey Down the Mine

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Irian sneaks quietly upstairs and into Brother Charn's room, determined to tend to his wounds while he sleeps. She manages to go about this business quietly for several hours before dropping a bandage on the floor, making a loud noise and waking Charn.

Somehow she manages to clamber into a wardrobe and avoid detection.

She gets quietly back to work but then wakens him again half an hour later. This time she's not so lucky and Charn catches her in the act, hiding behind a curtain with her feet sticking out.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian looks the cleric directly in the eye.

"Brother, I mean no harm. You are sorely wounded, and I wish to help. Please, return to bed and rest if not sleep. I beg you to allow me to help you, as best as I am able..."
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn blinks in her direction in the darkened room, not really being able to see her, but recognizing her voice. He yawns loudly, stretches a bit, wincing at some soreness, and settles back into sleep with a muttered half-prayer to Pelor.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[ooc]:biggrin: and *whew*[/ooc]

Irian breathes a sigh of relief, and returns to her attempt at helping heal the cleric. After a total of eight hours, she feels she has done all she can and returns to her and Caamora's room. Again pulling a chair to the window so she can see the waxing moon over the surrounding forest, she allows herself to slip into trance...
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Everyone wakes up bright and early the next morning, having had a very good night's rest. [anyone on less than full hit points recovers by their character level + con bonus, so Charn would get 1(level)+1(con bonus) and Vargon 1(level)+3(con bonus)]

Anyone who needs to prepare spells will be able to today.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

The Rogue was first in the common room that morning, and had already ordered an early breakfast, while he checked his gear and waited for the others to arrive.

He hoped for an easy journey to Tethil...and made a mental note to remind the others of those damn plants.

Well rested, his glance at the sun, and in the direction of his companions doors, bore not even a trace of irritation.

He wondered idly if the elf had made a fool of herself in the Cleric's bedchamber last night, and grinned a little at the thought.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon drunk a mug of hot milk, then he saw Xavier.

"hi my friend, how was your rest? Are you ready for our next trip?"
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"I am indeed Vargon," the Rogue replied with a smile. "And my nights rest was very peaceful, thank you."

He looked around again..."Now where is everybody else? The sooner we leave, the sooner we'll get there, and the more time we'll have to prepare our defenses."

He turned back to the warrior..."I think today I'll bring up the rear of the march, if it's all the same to you."
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn awakens and begins praying for spells at first light. [and then casts Cure Minor Wounds on himself again] Morning prayers finished and feeling significantly better than he did the day before [4hp before bed, +2 for resting, +1 CMW = 7hp], Charn gathers his things and heads down to break his fast, loking forward to a peaceful trek back to Tethil.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"yes i would like to be in the first line to protect all of us"
He winked to the rogue

"About our defenses against the weretiger... i think the best defense is the attack... and the idea of a trap is istill anging in my mind... tell me my friend, do you have a plan? I think we should use the time to go back to tethil to create a good and strong plan to catch the beast"
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

The rising sun drawing Irian out of trance, she quickly grooms herself, gathers her things, and heads to the common room to break her fast and to see if she could judge the effect of her attempt to help the cleric. Hoping for some warm gruel, with a few berries tossed in if she was lucky, she took what was offered and sat next to Vargon.

Demurely lowering her eyes as she saw Xavier and Charn, she quietly asks, "Did all spend a restful night?"
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Caamora follows Irian downstairs, feeling well rested.
The King has one more move.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"oh, milady, yes a wonderful night, i feel i recovered my fatigue"
he flexed his muscles, and he smiled to her
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"And you?" she asked the cleric. "You look well refreshed this fine morning," lifting her eyes towards him with her inquiry.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Well, now that we're all here and recovered, let's waste no time setting off."

He turned to Vargon, saying, "I definitely agree that we should make plans along the way, and to be honest, a trap still seems a good idea to me too."

He pondered a moment...I was thinking of some sort of bait, perhaps in the town square, with those of us who have ranged weapons waiting on the rooftops overlooking the square. When this beast enters the square for the bait, we fill it with arrows imbued with alchemical silver."
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian quickly glanced towards Caamora, and then turned to Xavier with her eyes hooded. "And do you still feel an "elven maid" would make the most effective bait?" she asked in a joking tone underlaid with steel.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Actually," he said, "since you have a crossbow, I was thinking more along the lines of Vargon and his huge sword. Somebody with a chance of standing up to it for as long as it takes to fill it with arrows and bolts."

He looked the two of them up and down..."Unless we put the two of you on a platform atop a high pole in the square...but I'm not sure that would work if this is a shape-changer...might be too obvious."
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

To the elven sorceress, Charn responds a bit uncomfortably, "I feel much better this morning."
Turning to the discussion of planning for Tethil, Charn weighs in, "Our plans need be mobile, since we have no idea where this beast will find us, if it does at all. We can plot the cleverest trap, but all be for naught if it never is sprung."
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"i see Caamora as bite" he said suddenly.
" i will be hidden in a crate or something big enought to contain me. Xavier, you will be able to hide in almost any place so you will have no problem. About Charn, you should stay behind a door and exit only when i and Caamora attack the beast to support us.

Irian you should take position in a room with a window on the square..." as far as possible from the battle, Irian, i can't think on what that creature could do to you...
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

While you're discussing your plans to kill the weretiger, you pack your things and head out of Weaselville towards Tethil. You thanks the innkeeper and take your leave.

Your journey begins and you find yourself travelling back on the same road you came in on, much of the terrain is the same, rolling hills and green fields, with the forest in the distance, which you'll pass through to reach Tethil.

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”