Weretiger's Curse - The Journey Down the Mine

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

After about a minute and a half, the lock clicks open and Xavier takes a look inside the chest.

It contains 195 gold coins, a masterwork longsword and a large composite longbow.

Charn looks more closely at the silver. It looks like about 950lbs of silver. He gives the cart a shove and finds that it doesn't move. He pushes against it as hard as he can and manages to move it, but he's right at the limit of his strength.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"Charn do you need help? We can push the cart together, of if you wish we could divide the load between all of us"
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn lets go the cart and shrugs, "There be silver aplenty here - but it will take more than I to push this cart out the mine..." He balances his mace over one shoulder, looking unsteady. "I be ready to quit this mine. Anything of use in that chest?"
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"Are you alright, Brother?" Irian asks the cleric. "Please, sit for a bit and catch your breath. Perhaps some meditation to center yourself, until you are not quite so weary." She leads the cleric over to a quiet corner and gently pushes him down.

"Vargon, if you go back to the central cavern where the three tunnels converged, the other tunnel with the rails, which Xavier marked with a "2," had an empty cart in it. Perhaps if we divide the silver into two carts, we could push them out easier."
Last edited by Irian on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Aye brother", the Rogue replied. "A fine sword for the fighter, an equally fine bow for me, (if I can use it), and 195 gold coins for us all to share.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"A good plan," he conceded to the fey magic user, while he appraised the bow to determine if he could use it effectively. Aside to the Cleric he added, "You did check that the brake was off?"
Last edited by Xavier on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

"Unless there be other things hidden here, I suggest we push the silver cart out, inform the Guild that the mine has been cleared of abominations, rest the evening at the inn, and return to Tethil in the morning."
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"On the day of the full moon if I am not mistaken...Aye brother...I must agree. And we must make sure to take enough silver with us to meet our needs the instant we return."
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"Ok, so if enyone else wants the longsword i think it will be in good hands with me" he winked to his friends.

"I will go to take another cart to split the silver into, i will be back in few minutes"

Then he toke the tunnel and disappeared.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"Ehlenestra bless, that is a beautiful bow, Xavier," Irian breathes. "May it serve you well, for many years to come.

"I agree, Brother. We have yet two days before the were tiger is expected, yes?" Irian asked Xavier. "We spent one night here in Weaselville since speaking to the Mayor of Tethil, and were told the full moon was yet three days away."

[ooc]...am I mistaken?[/ooc]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[rogues are not competent with longbows]

Everyone takes 39 gold from the chest.

Vargon returns with the other cart and you all help to transfer half into the other cart. Vargon and Charn push a cart each back up to the surface.

You arrive back at the entrance to the mine and you're greeted by the guards as you exit the tunnel:

"You're back! I mean... Not that I thought you'd get killed, but everyone else who's gone down there has never come back again..."

The other guard chimes in:

"What happened down there?"
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

"Praise Pelor! We are back into the light of day... I'll let another tell the tale." Charn walks away from the mine entrance and begins a prayer of Light and thanksgiving.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"You better ask us what isn't happened!" he smiled to the guards...
" i think that Xavier or Irian are more talkative than me at the moment" he followed charn and started to pray with him...
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Aye, we survived, no thanks to your orders...all I have to say to you is monsters."

The Rogue glared at the guards.

He was still carrying the bow he couldn't use, but he hoped he could at least trade it for a better short-bow when they got back to the smith. And he knew the fighter would do that fine longsword justice.

"Come friends...to the Guild Hall. I look forward to casting this lot at the feet of the Guildmaster."
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"Wait friends..."

Irian casts a suspicious look at the longsword and bow.
"These are pretty things. And perhaps...guarded...by those we fought."

Waving her hand and mumbling some words, Irian casts Detect Magic on to the longsword and bow, concentrating for three full rounds on it, if she can.
Last edited by Irian on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Irian detects no magic in either of the items [you can't really hold out much hope of finding magical weapons at level 1].
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Heaving a sigh of relief, Irian turns back to her friends with a smile. "They are what they seem, and no more. Enjoy them."

[ooc]*shrug* it was worth the try, wasn't it?

As an elf, would I be proficient with a longbow, if I could convince Xavier to sell it to me?[/ooc]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

You head down to the guild hall, taking the carts full of silver with you.

The rails stop in the town square.

You're all standing next to your carts in the town square, passers by look at you a little strangely but nobody disturbs you.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Leaving the party standing in the square to guard the silver, Xavier strode toward the Guild Hall, calling to the guards to summon the Guildmaster.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Xavier strides into the guild hall and demands to speak to Roland.

The guard on the rear door goes through to the back and when he returns, brings Roland with him.

"Ah, you're back. Do you bring good news or bad?"

Meanwhile...

Everyone else is waiting outside watching the carts full of silver, when a scruffy looking teenager with spiky brown hair suddenly grabs a handful of silver and starts running off with it!

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”