Weretiger's Curse - The Journey Down the Mine

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn returns to Xavier, sets down his mace, and grasps his holy symbol as he lays a steady hand on the rogue's chest.
"Pelor's light upon you. Solaris salva zeris. [Cast cure light wounds on Xavier].
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Xavier is returned to full hp.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn retrieves his mace, and looks about to the others. "We be finished searching this cavern? Shall we return to the previous and dare the last tunnel?" Charn grins.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Ah well, thanks for trying. And no...I doubt they became these things...if past experience is any guide, there will be worse to come."

"My thanks for that healing Brother Charn," he added. "If this cavern holds nothing of interest, let us indeed be on our way...one tunnel yet remains, and I suspect as bad or worse, though I've been told I'm too pessimistic."

Feeling considerably better since the good cleric's healing, he gathered his rapier and cast a sorry glance at the spent arrows.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

He smiles, "Tis Pelor to be thankful to, my friend." Turning away from the egress tunnel, he goes over to examine the defeated foes, frowning in disgust. "What manner of dead these be?"

[ooc] What clothing if any is worn by the zombies? Is there anything on them to help us determine from where they might have come?[/ooc]
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The dead zombies wear no clothing. The bodies reveal that they were reanimated corpses, through magical means or natural, you don't know.

The flesh is rotten in places and the bones poke through. These monsters were not holding any mining picks, so you hold out hope that they were not the miners themselves.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn ceases his examination with a frown and a brief squeeze of his holy symbol. "They do not appear to be miners fallen afoul of evil - so let us return to the previous cavern and explore the remaining tunnel." He moves toward the tunnel mouth back to the original cavern.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

You head back to the previous cavern, everything appears to be as you left it.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Well, thanks be to Pelor then. You are a worthy representative of your god." He bowed smiling at the cleric, then readied himself to return to the main cavern.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn points to the one remaining unexplored tunnel with his mace. "Everyone be ready to continue?"
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Quickly drawing his dagger to scratch a III near the entrance, then sheathing it again, Xavier nocked another arrow, and assumed his position alongside the monk at the rear of the little column.

"Let's go," he said, almost resignedly.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn nods, turns, and with Vargon next to him, heads down the tunnel.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

This passageway bears a striking resemblance to every other passageway you've been down in the mine. Wooden struts, heads downwards. You begin to tire of this repetitive similarity.

Eventually you come to yet another cavern. It's about the same size as the one containing the zombies. You see cart rails leading through the cavern, but you can't tell whether they end or not. Within the cavern you see 6 skeletons wandering around. Two of them are carrying pickaxes.

They spot you immediately!

[Combat time. Everyone make their way to the next fight thread!]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The skeletons and the strange corpse-monster are disposed of. Everybody picks up anything they may have dropped (your weapons, Xavier, your kama, Caamora)

You are now free to explore the room. In the floor the skeletons have each left a steel shield, and two of them have left mining picks.

There is a mining cart full of silver, and there is a large iron-banded, wooden chest. The iron cart tracks stop here.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Irian searches the cavern and finds nothing else in addition to what has already been mentioned.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Gathering his bow, crowbar and lantern, xavier carefully approaches the locked chest.

With utmost caution, he examines the lock for traps.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Xavier spends a few minutes probing the lock on the chest and searches it to the best of his ability to traps [you take 20, and get the highest result possible for your character, at the expense of taking a long time]. He doesn't find any traps.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

With equal caution, just in case, the slender Rogue withdraws his thieves toolkit from his backpack, and, without a glance at the rest of the party, immediately begins probing the lock with his favourite lockpick.

[If repeatedly unsuccessful, he will suggest that Vargon attempt to break the hinges from the chest instead.]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn, looking disheveled and worse for wear, walks wearily over to the mining cart, checking its contents, and gives it an experimental push up the track to see if it moves.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"Well done my friends, This battle wasn't easy..." he looked around... then he started to search the room to find something that could be hidden... then he will looked to the cart full of silver...
In the name of the King, i will serve!

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”