Weretiger's Curse - The battle with the skeletons

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[The reason I asked for battle plans was exactly this. If you only provide one action and no contingencies, I have to wait after every round for each person to submit a new plan.

In the future, please submit a plan with contingencies, I know you cannot all be around all of the time, and contingencies are a great way to compensate for that.]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

[on behalf of Irian, whose player is having laptop issues]
After Charn waves her off, Irian chases after Vargon, and drawing alongside him, casts Magic Missile at the nearest skeleton.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Glancing back at Charn to make sure he's safe, Xavier follows Vargon in his pusuit of the remaining skeletons, ready to engage them repeatedly for as long as he has sufficient health.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Caamora will also follow and engage as long as the rest of the party does.
The King has one more move.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 5]

Caamora charges and attacks Skeleton 5 with a knee but misses.

Xavier charges after skeleton 5 and attacks with his crowbar. He scores another amazing hit dealing 3 damage. skeleton 5 looks a bit shaky.

Irian moves forward and casts a magic missile at skeleton 5 and does 3 damage. The skeleton crumbles into dust.

Vargon charges after skeleton 4 and skeleton 2 but is unable to catch up to them.

Vargon can see that the skeletons have reached a new cavern, and the cart rails continue into this new cavern. The skeletons are still running away.

Charn runs after the skeletons but is unable to catch up

Skeleton 4 continues running away. He disappears into the gloom in the new cavern

Skeleton 2 continues running away. He disappears into the gloom in the new cavern

Skeleton 1 - Dead
Skeleton 2 - Looks fine and running away
Skeleton 3 - Dead
Skeleton 4 - Looks fine and running away
Skeleton 5 - Dead
Skeleton 6 - Dead

Charn 3hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 8hp
Xavier 8hp

[End of Round 5. Any alterations to battle plans please post in the thread.]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[ooc]As long as the skeletons remain turned, and won't damage my low HPs, charge and use the sunrod as an improvised bashing weapon. If there is risk of the turning wearing off, or the skeletons being able to damage me somehow, follow into the cavern and use the last Magic Missile.[/ooc]
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

[ooc]Charn will cast a Lvl 0 Cure on himself at the next opportunity, and then attempt to keep up with the fighter, rogue, and monk assuming they continue to battle skeletons, attacking with mace as needed, but not jumping into the center of the fray.[/ooc]
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Pausing at the entrance to the new cavern, Xavier hurls his lit lantern into it, to light the gloom and allow the party to assess any new threats which may be lurking.

If it is clear of additional danger, he continues to pursue and attack the remaining skeletons.

Should additional threats be revealed by the light, he will halt at the entrance and allow the party to regroup, before responding to any new danger.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 6]

Caamora continues chasing after the skeletons and catches up to where Vargon currently is, near the entrance to the next cave.

Xavier continues heading towards the next cavern, and flings his lit lantern in there. It's a poor throw, and it doesn't go very far. The lantern breaks and the oil spills out onto the floor, creating a patch of fiery oil. With the illumination from the oil you can see the following:

The cart rails continue into this cavern, it seems about the same size as the previous ones. On the rails you can see a large cart full of glittering silver! You can't tell for sure how much there is, but it's heaped in the cart and it must be a lot.

Over to the left side of the room, you see a large wooden chest, it looks heavy and it's banded with iron. There's a great big lock on it too.

You also see a figure in the room, near the cart. It resembles a walking human corpse, its wild frantic eyes burn with malevolence. The leathery, desiccated flesh is drawn tight across its bones, and the teeth have grown into sharp, jagged needles.

The creature turns its head and sees you when the lantern smashes into the floor.

Irian moves forward but stops short of the new cavern to avoid being attacked by the new creature.

Vargon charges into the cavern and attacks The corpse-monster with his longsword. He misses, and almost drops his weapon in the attempt.

Charn casts cure minor wounds on himself and heals 1hp and then runs toward the new cavern and gets almost to the entrance

The new monster attacks Vargon with a slam attack but bounces harmlessly off his armour.

Skeleton 4 continues running away. He stops and cowers at the edge of the cavern

Skeleton 2 continues running away. He stops and cowers at the edge of the cavern

Skeleton 2 - Looks fine and running away
Other thing - Looks fine

Charn 4hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 8hp
Xavier 8hp

[End of Round 6. Any alterations to battle plans please post in the thread.]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

With a curse, Xavier drops the crowbar and unslings his shortbow from his shoulder. Rubbing the head of his arrow in the patch of flaming oil to ignite it, he fires the flaming arrow at the corpse monster.

[If this proves successful, he will attempt to repeat the action as long as the monster is far enough away. If not, he will hurl a dart at it, before drawing his dagger and using it to attack the monster, until his life is threatened, whereupon he will retreat to the cave entrance.]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Skimming the cavern's wall to remain as far from this new creature as possible, Irian moves within 30' feet of the cowering skeletons. As the flames from the spilled oil flicker and die out, she mutters to herself, "We must have more light!" and strikes the tip of the sunrod she was carrying.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Xavier wrote:With a curse, Xavier drops the crowbar and unslings his shortbow from his shoulder. Rubbing the head of his arrow in the patch of flaming oil to ignite it, he fires the flaming arrow at the corpse monster.

[If this proves successful, he will attempt to repeat the action as long as the monster is far enough away. If not, he will hurl a dart at it, before drawing his dagger and using it to attack the monster, until his life is threatened, whereupon he will retreat to the cave entrance.]
[Drawing your shortbow would be a move action, so would be rubbing an arrow in the oil. So would be moving to the patch of oil to rub it. Attacking would be a standard action. You're trying to take four actions in one round here, you can only have 2.]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

[They can run across rounds if they can't be carried out in a single round...sorta thought that was the point of carrying out combat like this...so not every round had to be explicit...if I can have 2 actions, then those are my actions for this round...next round, next two actions etc.]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 7]

Caamora charges up to, and attacks, skeleton 2. She hits it with a well-placed blow in the ribcage and does 3 damage. It looks a bit rattled.

Xavier runs over to the burning oil and attempts to dip an arrowhead into it. Unfortunately he drops the arrow into the flames. [you rolled a 1 on the dex check, buddy] He does avoid getting burned himself though.

Irian moves 30ft round the edge of the cave and then, noticing that the flames from Xavier's lantern are already flickering, she strikes a sunrod on the wall of the cave, creating enough light to see by.

Vargon stabs at The corpse-monster with his longsword. He misses almost as badly as last time.

Charn runs round the other side of the corpse-monster and attacks it with his mace. He hits and does 4 damage. The monster gets a little bit of a mace dent in its arm.

The new monster swings its fists in a hammering motion at Charn but hits his armour harmlessly.

Skeleton 4 cowers at the edge of the room.

Skeleton 2 cowers at the edge of the room.

Skeleton 2 - A bit rattled
Other thing - Looks fine

Charn 4hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 8hp
Xavier 8hp

[End of Round 7. Any alterations to battle plans please post in the thread.]
Last edited by Nathan on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Grasping the sunrod in both hands by it's unlit end, Irian charges skeleton 2 and uses the sunrod as an improvised weapon.

[ooc]as long as my HPs aren't threatened, I will continue to attempt this on both skeletons for a couple of rounds for now...and pray to Ehlenestra that I don't hit either Caamora or Vargon in my attempts...[/ooc]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Cursing even louder as the arrow falls into the flames and is consumed by their last heat, Xavier gives up on the fire and merely looses an arrow at their opponent.

Before the arrow even strikes, he drops the shortbow to draw the dagger, and rush forward to interpose himself between the monster and the Cleric.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 8]

Caamora attacks, skeleton 2. with a flurry of blows. The first whizzes past the skeleton's skull, the second hits and deals 3 damage. The skeleton's head flies off and rolls towards the middle of the room, while the body collapses separately.

Xavier fires an arrow at the corpse-monster and hits! He deals 2 damage. The arrow sticks in the chest of the monster.

Irian charges the last remaining skeleton and attacks it with her sunrod. She misses badly and almost drops the sunrod.

Vargon stabs at The corpse-monster with his longsword. He hits and does 9 damage A big slash appears in the torso of the monster.

Charn attacks the corpse-monster again with his mace. He misses.

The new monster swings its fists in a hammering motion at Vargon There is a loud clang as it hits his armour.

Skeleton 4 cowers at the edge of the room.

Skeleton - Cowering at the edge
Other thing - Looking a bit slashed up

Charn 4hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 8hp
Xavier 8hp

[End of Round 8. Any alterations to battle plans please post in the thread.]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

[ooc]Charn steps back to cast Enlarge Person upon himself. He will then resume attacking the corpse creature with his mace.[/ooc]
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Leaving the last skeleton to Caam and Irian, Xavier, dagger in hand, rushes to attack the monster.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"Irian stay back!" he screamed to the elf
"this creature seems to be much more dangerous than the others skeletons!"

Vargon continue to attack the creature.
In the name of the King, i will serve!

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”