Skeleton 4 - Looks fine
Skeleton 5 - Looks fine
Skeleton 6 - Looks fine

Charn 9hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 13hp
Xavier 8hp

Skeletons 1 and 2 are the ones carrying mining picks.

The skeletons are standing around in a bunch near the middle of the room. You are all standing in a bunch at the entrance.

[This time I'll put a status section at the end of each round.

please send me your battle plans!]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Everyone's battle plans are in now, but my laptop charger has stopped working properly. This wouldn't normally be a problem but I'm away from home so I don't have my main computer with me. It'll be a couple of days before I get the fight going as a consequence. Thanks to the Allfather that Pantheon is up and running again to keep you distracted!]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 1]

Skeleton 3 charges in and swings a bony claw at Vargon and catches him with a glancing blow. Vargon takes 5 damage.

Skeleton 6 charges in and rakes his fingers towards Charn. They bounce off his studded armour.

Caamora steps forward and attacks skeleton 3 with her kama. She misses entirely.

Xavier runs round the edge of the cave and fires his shortbow at skeleton 3. The arrows misses.

Irian moves 30ft backwards down the tunnel and then casts a spell.

Skeleton 1 charges in and swings his mining pick at Vargon He hits, but the strike bounces harmlessly off his armour.

Skeleton 5 charges in and attacks Charn with his sharp fingertips but misses due to extreme clumsiness.

Vargon swings his longsword at Skeleton 3 but the skeleton blocks the attack with its steel shield.

Charn Shouts out "FOR THE LIGHT!" and then swings his mace at Skeleton 6, but manages to miss entirely.

Skeleton 4 Runs towards the party but cannot approach beyond its fellows as they're blocking the way.

Skeleton 2 Charges towards Xavier and swings its mining pick. Xavier dodges the swing nimbly.

[End of Round 1. Please send me any changes. You have 1 hour before I start round 2. I will use the same battle plan as before if you do not submit any changes.]

[edit: Contrary to previous instructions, I'd like the changes to be posted in this thread please. It'll be easier for me to keep track of them, sifting through a load of PMs is more difficult than looking through one page of thread posts. (and everyone will know what each other are doing)]

Skeleton 1 - Looks fine
Skeleton 2 - Looks fine
Skeleton 3 - Looks fine
Skeleton 4 - Looks fine
Skeleton 5 - Looks fine
Skeleton 6 - Looks fine

Charn 9hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 8hp
Xavier 8hp
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian moves five feet closer to skeleton 3, while also moving to the side of her friends between said skeleton and herself. Hoping none of her friends block her line of sight, she casts Ray of Frost at skeleton 3...
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Realising quickly that his rapier would do little harm to creatures without flesh, Xavier ignored it as he dropped his shortbow, instead pressing his crowbar into service as an improvised club, and attacking the nearest skeleton.

He planned to remain on the periphery of the melee, using his skill at sneak attacks to do as much damage to the skeletons as he could, until he was in danger of being overwhelmed.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 2]

Skeleton 3 Swings his claws at Vargon but misses with both.

Skeleton 6 attacks Charn with his claws and hits with both, dealing 6 damage!

Caamora attacks Skeleton 3 with her kama again and hits! She deals 7 damage but the slash glances off the skeleton's bones in such a way that it doesn't seem to have done too much harm.

Xavier drops his shortbow on the floor, draws his crowbar and takes a swing at Skeleton 2. The crowbar whistles by the skeleton's ear.

Irian Takes a small step forward and then casts ray of frost at skeleton 3. The ray misses and zooms past.

Skeleton 1 swings his pick at Vargon but it's way off target.

Skeleton 5 attacks Charn with both claws, but doesn't score any hits.

Vargon again attacks skeleton 3 with his longsword. This time his hits it and deals 10 damage. Despite not seeming to affect the skeleton as much as it should have, the blow causes the skeleton to collapse into a pile of bones.

Charn attacks skeleton 6 with his mace and hits it right in the skull! He deals 10 damage and the skeleton explodes in a shower of bones and smashed skull.

Skeleton 4 takes Skeleton 3's place and attacks Vargon. It doesn't hit.

Skeleton 2 Swings its pick at
Xavier
again and manages to score a hit, dealing 5 damage.

Skeleton 1 - Looks fine
Skeleton 2 - Looks fine
Skeleton 3 - Dead
Skeleton 4 - Looks fine
Skeleton 5 - Looks fine
Skeleton 6 - Dead

Charn 3hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 8hp
Xavier 3hp

[End of Round 2. Any alterations to battle plans please post in the thread. You have 2 hours before I start processing the next round.]
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Next round, instead of attacking with mace, Charn will attempt to turn these creatures as he did the zombies. "Avaunt, creatures of darkness!"
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian tries Ray of Frost again, moving as needed to get a clear shot at skeleton 4 without getting any closer.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon is trying to block the skeletons and avoid them to reach Irian. He continues to strike with his sword...

"Charm i love the thing you do with your holy symbol... so please nex time do it at the first chance!" he said winking to the cleric
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 3]

Caamora attacks Skeleton 4 with her kama again manages to hit the floor in front of its feet.

Xavier takes another swing at Skeleton 2 with his crowbar. He misses.

Irian casts another ray of frost at skeleton 4. The ray is wildly off target and she nearly hits her own foot with it.

Skeleton 1 swings his pick at Vargon but misses entirely and takes a chunk of rock out of the floor.

Skeleton 5 attacks Charn with both claws, but doesn't score any hits.

Vargon again attacks skeleton 1 with his longsword. He hits it and deals 10 damage. The skeleton is not as badly affected as it should be, and manages to remain upright, but wobbles around.

Charn raises his Holy Symbol towards the skeletons and shouts "Avaunt, creatures of darkness!" The skeletons all turn and start to run for their lives.

Skeleton 4 turns and runs away, 60ft away from you. You lose sight of it in the gloom.

Skeleton 2 Turns and runs for its life in the other direction, it runs into the gloom and you lose sight of it.

Skeleton 1 - Very wobbly and running away
Skeleton 2 - Looks fine and running away
Skeleton 3 - Dead
Skeleton 4 - Looks fine and running away
Skeleton 5 - Looks fine and running away
Skeleton 6 - Dead

Charn 3hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 8hp
Xavier 3hp

[End of Round 3. Any alterations to battle plans please post in the thread. You have 2 hours before I start processing the next round.]
Last edited by Nathan on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Brother Charn!" Xavier paused a moment, head hanging with exhaustion. "If you can brother, I pray you heal us now while we have the breathing space. If you'll do so for me first, I'll guard you until you yourself can be healed.

If not, then you'll forgive me if I allow the more hale among us to continue the fight for the moment."

Holding his crowbar in his hands, he looked warily in the direction the skeletons had taken.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon makes his full movement to try to follow the nearest skeleton at least to see it, if it is possible he will try to charge the nearest skeleton.
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[I said 2 hours, but everyone will probably want to change their battle plans now the skeletons have been turned. I'll wait until everyone has added a post before I process the next round]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian opens her pack and removes one of her sunrods. Xavier had impressed her with his quick thinking about his crowbar. Hefting it in her hand while she considered, she tucks it under an arm, and attempts Ray of Frost yet again towards skeleton 1.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn sets down his mace and, grasping his holy symbol, turns to Xavier.
Calming himself, he lays a yet battle-twitchy hand on the rogue's chest, and intones, "Pelor's light upon you. Solaris salva zeris."
[ooc]Cast cure light wounds on Xavier - no movement this round.[/ooc]

Charn heaves a sigh, "But for a few slight prayers, my healing arts be now exhausted, lest we exit this place for rest and commune."
Last edited by Brother Charn on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Caamora puts away the kama and uses her fists and feet.
The King has one more move.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Healed, and as good as his word, Xavier nods gratefully to the Cleric, then takes up position if front of him, to renew his attack on the suddenly fleeing skeletons.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Round 4]

Caamora attacks Skeleton 5 with her fists but misses entirely.

Xavier charges over to skeleton 1 and attacks with his crowbar. He scores a hit and does 7 damage! The skeleton falls the the floor in a heap of bones, dead.

Irian draws a sunrod from her pack, and then casts ray of frost at skeleton 1, she misses entirely.

Skeleton 5 runs away at full speed and disappears into the gloom.

Vargon charges after skeleton 5 and swings his longsword at it, but manages to miss.

Vargon has charged out of the room and into a new tunnel leading further downwards. The cart tracks continue down this tunnel. Skeleton 4, skeleton 2 and skeleton 5 are all running this way.

Charn moves over to Xavier and casts cure light wounds on him. He cures 6 damage.

Skeleton 4 continues running away. He disappears into the gloom again

Skeleton 2 continues running away. He disappears into the gloom again.

Skeleton 1 - Dead
Skeleton 2 - Looks fine and running away
Skeleton 3 - Dead
Skeleton 4 - Looks fine and running away
Skeleton 5 - Looks fine and running away
Skeleton 6 - Dead

Charn 3hp
Caamora 13hp
Irian 4hp
Vargon 8hp
Xavier 8hp

[End of Round 4. Any alterations to battle plans please post in the thread. You have 2 hours before I start processing the next round.]
Last edited by Nathan on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn grabs a lantern and quickly checks to make certain there are no additional tunnels leading away from this room.

[Assuming there are none] "My friends, let us pursue the walking dead while the Light of Pelor still drives them away!" Charn waits to see how the others respond to this idea.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Panting in frustration at her lack of accuracy with her spell, Irian turns to the cleric. "Brother, you yourself are still hurt, and I am," casting a skeptical glance towards Xavier, "'delicate.' I will gladly stay towards the rear with you and free our friend to more actively pursue these creatures, should he choose."

This time looking inquisitively towards Xavier. "Shall I stay and watch over the good Brother, while you chase after the Undead?"

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”