Nationstates - Other regions

Moderator: Goatkiller666

danlo
Lord

Nationstates - Other regions

Post by danlo »

I received this from the Council of Narnia regional delegate-they're 75 countries and viewed as a powerhouse-rights and freedoms are pretty poor.

Greetings Slobeania ~

Warm salutations from The Council of Narnia!

We're currently scanning the NationStates world for likely potentials in the field of benevolent military capabilities, and the Andelain caught my eye...

CoN is currently earning quite a reputation for its pro-sovereignty approach, and has been recently recognized for its support for oppressed regions. Our Imperial Army is currently finishing up in the region of The Jedi Council, where it has, upon the call for help, successfully ejected an invader Delegate with a network of several allied invader regions behind his back. Leadership will soon be handed back to the natives - once the situation has been deemed secure. Before this, we successfully repelled the invading Persian Empire from the weakened region of Hierosolyma.

I would like to invite Andelain, if they would be pleased to join this rising venture, to earn a position for themselves in our Imperial Army, the division of which may be governed by a native of Andelain itself.

In return, CoN would pledge guaranteed military protection over your region, an excellent chance to see the world, and an opportunity to assist crippled and raided regions out of oppression. It really is a most rewarding experience, I can assure you.

All it would require, is that four or more WA nations in your region would create an additional puppet nation, and move it to our Imperial Army Camp region, which will soon be populated by warriors from all across the world. Upon request, they would be ready to resign their main nation temporarily from the WA to re-apply with their warrior nation - and consequently participate in our liberation missions with just this extra nation. These well-coordinated missions will be operating in synchronizaation with NationStates' best-known and most respected names for the defender cause.

If the call to arms would ever come at an inconvenient time for your region (i.e. during a time of diplomatic instability) - the request would certainly never be forced upon you, as we too respect regional sovereignty.

However, we believe this could be an excellent opportunity for you and your people to gain an enhanced military and inter-regional reputation - at the same time strengthening a defender cause that we hope will soon become a recognized symbol of assistance to all people in need of genuine military protection throughout NationStates.

What do you say? Would you be up for the challenge?

Take all the time you would like to perhaps discuss it among yourselves first, and I'd be very much looking forward to hearing from you,

~ The Lord Chancellor
Plissken
Lord

Post by Plissken »

Pliss-ken votes "No."

Politely.

Taking on the "protection" of a military powerhouse with poor freedoms and rights is a dangerous thing to accept - or decline.
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
-- James Madison

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you." - George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Am I reading this wrong?
Or does this sound almost like a trojan horse set-up?

Andelain is password protected. But if we have four puppet nations that join their "Imperial Army region," is there a threat to them then somehow invading us?

Or is it a way to reduce our overall WA influence, but taking away four of our nations votes, no matter how "temporary?"
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Nobody can "invade" our region for 2 reasons. First, it's pw protected, so nobody can move there without our say-so. Second, the WA delegate does not have regional control, that rests in the founder of the region.

The way invasions work is that a group of people all move to a region, then endorse one of their own as WA delegate. This (often) gives the delegate access to regional control, from which you can eject nations. The new delegate then kicks out all the original nations, and the region is taken over.

Numerous groups play "defender" games, where they'll retaliate (on request) by moving en-masse into the new region, put in their own delegate, eject the invaders, then relinquish control to the original inhabitants again.

One of the best known is the Ten Thousand Islands region, who have their own defense treaty organisation, TITO.

I vote no right now, but if anybody wants to do it, it can't affect Andelain at all.

--A
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Avatar wrote:I vote no right now, but if anybody wants to do it, it can't affect Andelain at all.

--A
I would go for the no vote aswell but are we going to have a vote on it or discuss it some more :?:
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I say no.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Agreed. No.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I said no the second I got it...but will always run any regional related telegram I receive here first, for your consideration.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Looks like we're pretty agreed. Thanks Mr. Ambassador. :D

--A

Return to “Nationstates”