Weretiger's Curse - ACT II: After the tiger.

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

"There is no need to be rude. If you don't want to share your information with me then just say so.

The capital is 5 days' journey to the west, through the wilderness."
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"My thanks.

I hope that these next two days will pass quickly, that we can get our purchases and depart."

Xavier lay back down to rest. If the apothecary left the room again, he would immediately attempt the lock, with one of the others to keep watch.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Before he leaves (if he leaves), Irian asks the apothecary, "Roger, how do you know the smith would be unable to recover the silver he imbued on my bolts? Have you skill in metallurgy as well?

"I really do feel fine, besides a little dizziness. Do you really feel I need to remain indoors? The sunlight beckons me, and I would like to talk to the smith regarding selling my cross bow..."
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

The massage from Irian helping immensely, Caamora states:

"When you are ready to leave, Xavier, I will go with you to the capital."

To Irian: "My thanks, Lady, for your ministrations."
The King has one more move.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

"Yes, I be not a patient questor... Xavier, my friend, if you be cursed by the tiger-form, as the others here suspect, I must accompany you - to help you if I may, and to keep you from harming others, if such a change happens and alters your mind."

"Sir Apothecary, have you any magical healing salves for sale? We have extra coin from our business in Weasilville, and may be in need of healing should we ever again encounter tiger creatures."
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

"I have no skill in metallurgy, but I do know that the silver bonded to a weapon alchemically covers only the surface. So if one were to melt down the tips the surface would no longer be covered, rendering the silver useless. If you want to be fully fit when you leave, you must rest."

"I certainly do have some potions, brother Charn."

The apothecary pulls a key from his pocket and unlocks his desk, then draws out four potions.

"These are from my own personal supply. I must keep a few, but I can bear to part with two of them. These potions will cure light wounds, and they cost me 50 gold pieces, I will sell them to you for the same."
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"Irian, i would like that you explain your opinion about follow Xavier... You know i will follow you in any case."
Last edited by Vargon on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"My thanks Brother Charn, Caamora, your company will be welcome on the road."
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian considered the apothecary's answer. It certainly seemed feasible the silver would be rendered useless. And he believed she must yet stay the day inside. So be it, one day can't hurt that much. Besides, perhaps the others (Vargon?) would now allow her to soothe their muscles, seeing the relief Caamora received from it. Glancing at her companions, she laughed to herself. Most likley not, with this bunch...

"Brother Charn, if you would consider...

"I would be happy to purchase one of the bottles of healing potion for my own kit, so should we separate at some point we each can help who we are with if necessary."

Hearing Vargon's question, Irian looked back at the rogue and considered it gravely. She wished to carry on, and to attempt to protect him and perhaps find a cure for him, but did she herself have the fortitude to do what need be done, if she and he learned to trust each other, and he succumbed to the lycanthropy perhaps now raging through his veins?

"Vargon, let me think on our next course a little longer yet. I need to consider if I am strong enough to be of help. I know you would be, but I wish not to weigh the party down. Apparently, I have the rest of the day to consider it..."
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

[-100gp for Charn, add two CLW potions to his inventory - DM, please describe these potions so that I might be able to identify other similar to it when come across]

"Thank you, my friend in healing. Here be the coinage needed to cover two such potions."

"These be for the lot of you to carry, should we be separated, or should I stumble in my service as healer," Charn says sheepishly.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The apothecary takes Charn's coins and puts them in a pouch inside the locked drawer.

He also sells a potion to Irian for 50gp.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"I thank you, Roger, if you are sure you can do with only one bottle of potion yourself."

[uhm...it is the same type of healing potion Charn purchased?]

"Brother, I believe with you with us that we will not need these. But even the best paths fork and splinter..."

Irian again addressed the rogue. "I know not what I can offer to help you on your path. But if you wish for Vargon's and my company, it is my wish to support you as I am able. Will you have us?"
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

"Yes, I can spare four potions, I meant to say four in the first place, but accidentally said two. [yeah, I just made a typo]"
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian smiled at the apothecary's admittal.

"In that case, I will take the last. Should we be separated, I have but little skill in healing, and I am sure such aids will come in handy. My sincere thanks. "
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"Anybody who wishes to travel with me is welcome, and I will not hold it against anybody who chooses not to. As I said though, I guarantee nothing. If you travel along, it must be your own choice."
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"I shall then only speak for me, and Vargon may speak for himself. I choose to travel the road to the capital, and beyond if need be, with you."
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Everyone eventually decides to travel with Xavier to the capital, Scragnoth, to find out more about lycanthropy, and whether or not he has it.

The rest of the day passes without incident and you all get a good night's sleep in the apothecary's.

The next day comes and you're all fully rested and back to full health.

The apothecary bids you goodbye and ushers you out of the building to make room for anyone else who may need healing.

You find yourselves back in the village of Tethil, feeling fresh and healthy.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[ooc]do Healers customarily offer their services for free? are we indebted in anyway to the apothecary for his treatment of us?[/ooc]

Breathing deeply in the fresh air, and dancing a little in the sunlight, Irian heads to the smith's to follow up on her longbow and finalize her transaction of selling her crossbow.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

You head to the blacksmith and Xavier's and Irian's bows are both done. He buys any weapons you want to sell for half of list price.

[edit your inventories to reflect.]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon was following Irian to the black smith

"Milady, i'd like to inform you that in my opinion you made the right choice.

He paused

"I will be on your side and i will keep your life safe, Irian."
He seem that he would add something else but the words died in his mouth.

"ehm... just do not make worst what is already hard..."
In the name of the King, i will serve!

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”