Weretiger's Curse - ACT II: After the tiger.

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian stopped.
Her instinct was to lash out.
"Make worse what is already hard???"
What the hell does that mean?

Then she gazed into the fighter's eyes, and saw he was not belittling her. She saw...concern. She saw...dedication to an agreement. She saw...determination.

...and maybe, just maybe...she saw something else.

"Darkbringer...

"If you will listen to me as you listen to my father, your employer, I...

"I release you.

"Accompany us because it is what you wish to do, not because of the contract with my father. Accompany us because you have nowhere else you would rather be, not because you must follow after me..." (because of my father's request) "...Accompany us for our party..." she finished in a whisper.

She reached up, and laid her hand upon his cheek.
"...and for me...not my father's daughter."
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Standing on the streets of Tethil, Xavier flexed his new shortbow, quite happy with the work.

Then, checking his equipment, he prepared to head west, to the capital.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon stood paralized by the words of the elf.

oh rats... Irian this is exactly what i meant when i said "do not make worse what is already hard..."

"Irian... i have a contract with your father not with you... but i know what you mean and i respect you."

He took a pouse

"Irian, when i started my job protecting you i did it just because it was a job, but now..."

Again he wasn't able to end the sentence. He was crearly embarrased.

"Never mind... i mean... i'd like to say... oh well... i want to protect you now, just because ... i want to protect you and i don't whant that something bad could happen to you..."

He took a deep breath

"Now it's time to gather your equipment from the black smith"
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian drew her hand back, seeing the fighter's embarrassment and wondering at his discomfort. While Vargon refused to be released from his agreement with her father, she saw the difference in his attitude regarding his duties. He didn't respond as she had hoped, but...

Turning back towards the path, they continued on to the smith's. Her mouth curled up in a smile of pleasure at the new longbow and arrows. Tethil had an accomplished master smith, despite being such a small town.

"Ehlenestra bless, but that is beautiful," she bowed to the smith. "The apothecary said the price with the 20 arrows is 382 gold pieces. It looks well worth it.

"I understand you will relieve me of my crossbow for 17 gold 5 silver. It is a solid weapon, and well worth that."

Handing 36 platinum, four gold, and two silver pieces to the smith, she claimed the new masterwork longbow and quiver of arrows and took her leave. Once outside, she smiled with delight and presented the longbow to Vargon for his opinion of it. "It was a wise exchange, Vargon? I can't use my silvered bolts with this, but she is beautiful, is she not?"

As they talked of Irian's new weapon, they found Xavier, and also readied to depart.

"I have only four days of rations and Scragnoth is five days away, barring unforeseen circumstances. Hard tack is losing it's appeal, and I really would prefer fresh berries and whatever I can find on the trail. But, perhaps one more stop at Gerald's before departing is in order," she mused while organizing her pack.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[You want to go all the way back to Weaselville to get some rations from Geralds?]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[oops...

Is there an adventuring shop in Tethil?]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[No. There is a butcher's and a baker's though. You can go there and get some food. It won't keep for as long as rations would, but it'll taste nicer.]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

The smell of a new day's baking drifting over towards them, Irian shakes her head. I must be a little more disoriented from being knocked out than I thought. Gerald's is not here in Tethil, she thinks to herself. But whatever is making that aroma smells incredibly good!

"I think I may check out the bakery. Perhaps there are a few items I can wrap for travel available there."

...and a treat for now!!! she thinks with relish.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Irian arrives at the bakers and sees a selection of breads, pastries and cakes avilable.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

[ooc] i have 10 rations for the trvel to Scragnoth [/ooc]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian enters the shop, and is bombarded with the aromas of freshly baked goods. The shelves overflow with enticing treats. But she needs something easily transportable and hearty. Walking to the counter she scans the loaves and rolls while waiting for a clerk, or the proprietor, to notice her.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The baker emerges from the back room and says

"I think what you're looking for is bread rolls. They'll fill you up as well as trail rations, but they're more delicious! They're the same price as rations but only keep for three days."
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"Do you have different kinds? Perhaps some with different fruits baked in? Or made from a variety of wheat? I would like to offer some to my fellow travelers, as well for a treat.

"Also, do you have any meat pies I could pack for tonight's meal for the group? Something fresh and tasty that won't keep much longer than a day, but that would be a fine start to a journey together? And perhaps a sweet for us all as well? A struedel perhaps?"
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

"I have all of those things. They all cost the same as trail rations for the same amount of sustenance, and they'll all keep for three days. They weigh the same as trail rations too."

The baker grabs all the things you ask for and sells them to you.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Irian takes out 2 gold pieces to pay for her purchases, and offers 1 silver more.

"Do you have a way to wrap them especially for travel? I know not to eat them after three days. But, sometimes different wrapping can keep the flavor fresher for the length of time the food lasts."
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

"Just put them in your backpack, they'll taste exactly the same for three days then they'll instantly be inedible, no matter how you pack them. I know that sounds strange but that's just the way it goes."

[does anyone else want to do anything before you leave for Scragnoth?]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

[ooc]
I dunno how to fix the problem... but i would to say to irian that i can share my rations with her during the trip... but she already went in the shop :(

I can leave right now
[/ooc]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[ooc]|G Vargon. I knew what you were implying. ;)[/ooc]

Putting away her silver, Irian thanks the baker and carefully stores the rolls, meat pies, and the streudel. Returning to her friends, she signaled she was ready to depart when they were.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[OK, I'm assuming nobody wants to do anything else in town.]

Everyone collects their gear together and you all head off on the road westwards to Scragnoth. (Map updated)

The surroundings quickly change from the healthy grasslands around Tethil to barren plains with yellow grass straggly bushes here and there. You can see hills in the distance to the North and South, but the road seems to take a path between them and is quite straight.

You occasionally see large rocks just sitting in the middle of nowhere. They don't seem to be in any kind of pattern, and you have no idea how they got there.

Despite the desolate nature of the surroundings, the road is quite well maintained and you make good progress.

[Please tell me your marching order]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon will go first

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”