Weretiger's Curse - ACT II: After the tiger.

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

My assumption is I am to stay right behind Vargon, per usual.
But, in this I am uncertain. So, let the rest of the party decide.
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

The Rogue, his equipment in order, decides to take up the rear of the little column.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"Before we leave...

"Who informed the mayor about what happened with the weretigers?"
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"Irian i think when we were unconscious the apothecary or someone else did it... Anyway you are right, we should talk with the Mayor"

Vargon agreed
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

"He needs to be warned about the second weretiger/large being, at least. He may believe all is safe, with the body of the sheriff found, if Roger told him the sheriff was a weretiger. Roger may not have spoken to him since hearing Brother Charn's description of what happened.

"I, for one, believe we failed in our agreement, even though the sheriff be dead. Although I can use the coin, should he still offer..."
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[I don't know if Charn or Caamora have joined us yet, otherwise I would ask Charn to go with me to the mayor, as he is the one who saw the end of the battle]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[You've already all left the town. If you want to, you can go back and speak to the mayor, but it's really a pointless diversion which will just slow the game down further.]
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

[ooc] never mind Nathan, go on with the adventure ;) [/ooc]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[agreed]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[Still no reply from Charn or Caamora so I'm choosing for them. The order is thus: Vargon, Charn, Irian, Caamora, Xavier]

You travel along the road and make good progress, and dusk approaches at the end of your first day of travel. You didn't pass many people during the day, one or two carts only. So this road doesn't seem to be particularly well-traveled.

You camp for the night under the stars, a little way from the road. If any of you has a tent, you can use that. Who will take first watch?
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

After unrolling his sleeping roll in a small depression, the Rogue strings his bow, and volunteers for first watch, knowing that it was the spot in the rota that he'd get the most sleep with.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

[Am assuming we stop from dusk to an hour or so after dawn. Irian will plan on entering trance from about 10:00 pm until 2:00 am, and will take watch from there for however long we set watch so the humans may have a more complete rest.]

Irian hummed happily to herself as she scavanged about for drywood for a fire. She helped with setting camp, then spread her bedroll on the far side of the fire circle. It was so good to be outdoors under the stars again!

As the party settled around the fire and began breaking out their rations for dinner, Irian retrieved the meat pies and the streudel she had purchased earlier in the day, and offered it to all. "Here's to a pleasant journey to Scragnoth," she said as she handed out the treats with a smile.

"Xavier, I will sit up for a while yet, should you wish any company while on watch," she tentatively offered up to the rogue...
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Shaking his head, the rogue answered, "Take your rest while you may Irian. Keeping watch is no time for idle chit-chat, nor for catching up on missed sleep."

The rogue moved a little way from the camp, to a place where he could keep watch from the shadows, taking care not to look into the campfire, in order to preserve his night vision.

Assuming Vargon would prefer to watch while the elf slept, or whatever it was she did, he would wake the Cleric in a few hours for the second watch.

While he waited, he searched the night with his eyes.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Accepting the rogue's dismissal with as much grace as she could muster, Irian offered the last scraps of streudel to Brother Charn. He's barely more than a boy himself. Let him indulge if he wants...

Settling down next to Vargon, she turned and spoke quietly to him. "Promise me you will take your full rest, and trust me should I still be awake while you sleep. If there is anything you want me to offer to reassure you, ask it of me now. I won't be responsible for you fatiguing yourself on my behalf when we know of nothing threatening."
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

"Irian, i will take the 3rd turn... after Brother Charn. I'm not a old man nor i need to rest more then other... although i appreciate your care... "

Then he turned nervously on his bedroll offering no more than his back to Irian to continue the conversation.

"I... I need rest now..."
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Smiling inwardly, Irian quietly left Vargon's side, went over to her own bedroll and stared up at the moon and stars. The pale illumination of starlight beyond the fire on the plains beckoned her to come dance and play, but she wished not to make Xavier's watch more difficult.

Looking over towards the monk sitting still in meditation or contemplation, she again wished she had that ability. But she had only found it so far in the stillness of the silent glades of home...

The flickering of the flames drew her attention, and she spent the next several hours watching the myriad shapes and forms. Finally, having gleaned a sense of calm from the flames, she lay back on her bedroll and slipped into trance.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn hopefully passes his watch without issue, waking Vargon at the appropriate time, and stifling a yawn.

He will wait till first light to pray to Pelor for renewal of his invocations.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Releasing the mental exercises that relaxes her during trance, Irian glanced towards Vargon as he kept watch. Her turn to stand watch was soon, but she would wait for him to signal her, rather than insist he return to his rest before he was ready.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Everyone's watch passes by without incident and you all get a good night's sleep.

The next day the journey continues, and the surrounding wilderness becomes more and more rugged, with large boulders sitting in the middle of nowhere. The road is well constructed though, so you still make good time.

About midday, just as you're passing by one of these huge chunks of rock, a man wielding a crossbow steps out from behind it and aims it at you.

"Your money or your lives!" He shouts.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

":lol:"
Vargon laugh a lot
"who should threaten us, you and which army?"

He said watching around.
Last edited by Vargon on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”