Dark Hope - Chapter 1 - Pan Town

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Assessing the man quickly, and deciding he will at least lighten her mood with his smile, Tänya inclines her head in acceptance of his offer. "I am known as Tänya to those who wish a name. My true name I keep to myself..."

...although it seems to be known to strange creatures of recent appearance, she thought to herself as she went back to the hearth to retrieve her cloak and wrapped it around her frame. Drawing her hood up over her head, she waited for the farmer to brief them on the attack, then shifting her quarterstaff into one hand, she sidled next to the charismatic young man.

"You were just saying who you were, before we were suddenly interrupted?"
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

With a snort of either amusement or disgust, Ahkash shrugged, disregarding the look the elf had thrown at him.

"Perhaps I will come along regardless...one never knows what amusement will result."

He eyed the farmer up and down, shrugged once more, and moved over to the door.

"But lets talk as we walk...his obvious distress suggests some sort of urgency."
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Nodding in agreement to the somewhat disagreeable half-elf, "Sooth, good sir, let us be off."
With as much haste as the farmer can spare, Renard urges the man to show (or tell) where his farm is. Without missing a beat, and with a flourish, bows again to Tänya, "Renard is my name, given to me and true to my nature." <playful wink>

Standing at 6 feet in height and with a frame that hints of a warrior but the lithe stride of a dancer, Renard looks every bit a 'gentleman', right down to his elegant walking stick. A close look reveals that his boots are a little worn and his fine clothes likely need a tailor soon.
(and somewhere in the back of his head he wished he was the type of man who wore his leather armour and all his gear all the time...)
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Thonunian stands up,

Attacking animals, eh? Might be a little fun, if they aren't all that strong...

"I'll come too, might enjoy having a chance to exercise my skills for a change..."

...and I'll take any reward he offers, even though I won't ask for anything.
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

"milady... the animals attacked my farm last night too. I saw the blood of my cows and i find no bodies. I thought a bear came and toke a cow away to eat it... but tonight they come from the wood... many of them and of different species.
Wolves, badgers, rats, cats, even a boar and a deer!"

the old man looks scared!

"please hurry up! my son could die!"

[ooc] if you all don't have other questions for the Farmer, we can move to the farm under attack[/ooc]
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

the old man wrote:"milady... the animals attacked my farm last night too. I saw the blood of my cows and i find no bodies. I thought a bear came and toke a cow away to eat it... but tonight they come from the wood... many of them and of different species.
Wolves, badgers, rats, cats, even a boar and a deer!"
He looks surprised, and says "I've never heard of so many different animals working together..."

... and I think this really will be a challenge!
"please hurry up! my son could die!"
Well, I can't let that happen, now can I?
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Indeed! Renard is eager (gulp) to go and help!
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Mephiston wrote:[ooc] if you all don't have other questions for the Farmer, we can move to the farm under attack[/ooc]
[ooc]Yes Please! :biggrin: ;) [/ooc]
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

The Farmer wrote:"Please! i'm asking help to all the town... If someone is able to fight... pleas Help me! My son and few other villagers are fighitng the animals... but they are a lot! Please Help!"
Atrus looks to the door, tankard in hand. He shrugs slightly.

"I doubt you've got anything resembling coin, but I'll take a stack of warm hay and a good meal as payment."

With that, he strides out the door and awaits the farmer to lead the way.
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

"Thank you all, strangers! Go now! follow me"
the old farmer runs out the door and lead you down the street. You move together to the south. When the houses clear, you see raging fires devouring the farm.
Once you are closer to the farm you can see a dozen of men that are trying to extinguish the fire while others fighting with the beasts.

the cornfield is the battlefield. Animals and men are fighitng.
You can see five men fighting against rats, bats, a coupple of wolves and a great brown bear.

rolling spot checks separated for each of you, check PM shortly
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Aghast at such a sight of horror, Renard momentarily reels with indecision. How could such a ghastly thing happen? Then, as always seems to happen in moments such as these, despite his fear, and without much thought (for surely he might flee), his impulsively good nature urges action against such wrong.
"We must help them," he intones almost to himself, as his eyes lock upon a winged warrior locked in desperate combat with a bear!

Strength begins to swell within his chest as song swirls in his heart and is let forth in a burst of passion…!

(Renard will sing an epic ballad of heroic combat ~ and taking in to consideration the present company, one of elves and humans working together against a great evil … <wink> ~ and will try to Inspire Courage in his fellow defenders.)

With song on his lips, Renard manages to make his feet move and draws a rapier from his walking stick and moves swiftly to the seriously wounded warrior to aid in his desperate fight!
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Well, this IS interesting.

Atrus gives his fellow tavern-mates a bloody grin, draws his greatsword, and sprint towards a warrior battling the bear.

When he arrives he will flank the bear on the opposite side of the warrior, and proceed to attack.

edited by the DM. In a PM the explanation
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

With elegant moves the bard reach the man that is fighitng the bear (the most dangerous menace you can see at the moment).
The mighty warrior runs to the back of the bear, but two boar stop him just few steps before he reaches the back of the beast.

[ooc] need to wait the rest of the party moves[/ooc]
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Spitting a curse, Ahkash draws the shortbow that he'd strung on the way to the farm, and begins firing at the wolves, darting glances to where he could have sworn he'd seen a man vanish into the shadows.
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

The smoke blinding her sight so that all she can see are silhouettes of five men and five beasts, the druid strides within 30 feet of the battle. She must do what she can to calm these animals if she can; the idea of slaughtering them repulsed her, although she would if she must.

Needing desperately to see what was happening around her, she lightly touches her chest, and casts *Fire Eyes* upon herself.

[another spot check please so I can see what is going on!!]
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Looking amazed at so much fighting, and especially at a winged man, Thonunian thinks to himself: This is insane! How am I supposed to do anything in this fight?!?!

His eyes lock on how everyone is going to fight the bear...

We might as well concentrate our attacks... and it's a good thing I thought to put my shields on during the walk here!

He draws his bastard sword and charges the bear as well, hoping for a flanking position.
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Ahkash hit a wolf hardly near the neck. The shot is very precise. The wolf continue to attack the man and it hits him on a leg. The man scream due to the pain. The wolf seems to not feel the arrow in his neck.

Thonunian runs near Atrus to reach the bear.
One of the boar try to hit him, but he easly dodge the attack.

The bear hits again the winged man and now he's down on his knees.
Thournian hits the bear with a mighty blow! fur and bones scatter around.

Atrus hit a boar on his neck, killing it istantly! (the boar was already wunded)
the other boar missed him with his mouth attack.

Renard now is on the right side of the winged man. His rapier attack misses the bear.

the rest of the battle is confused, some commoner hit the creatures others have been hit by animals.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

[request knowledge (nature) and spellcraft checks please, to see if I can determine anything unusual about what is spurring on the animals attack]

...damn it, I hate not being spontaneous, as I didn't prepare Detect Magic...
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

"Damn pigs!" Atrus shouted as he was intercepted by a furious boar. He grinned at the large elf as he ran by Atrus. It was a grin filled with blood and savagery.

He viciously attacked the Boar.
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Atrus wrote:"Damn pigs!" Atrus shouted as he was intercepted by a furious boar. He grinned at the large elf as he ran by Atrus. It was a grin filled with blood and savagery.

He viciously attacked the Boar.
Nice to see someone else skilled with a blade... especially when they are willing to use it! Thonunian thought.

[ooc]Knowledge (arcana) and spellcraft checks for the same reasons as Tanya (figure out if magic is what is driving these animals to such an unusual frenzy.)[/ooc]

Return to “D&D Dark Hope”