Dark Hope - Chapter 1 - Pan Town

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Keeping at a distance, Ahkash continues to loose arrows at the wolves.
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Thonunian stares at what he just saw on the bear...

I hope I'm imagining things here, or we're in much worse trouble than I thought...

He attacks the bear again... hoping desperately that he will actually have an effect...

Then again, if my sword is capable of cutting it to pieces, why shouldn't it work even if this bear is undead?...
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Screaming in terror at the realization that the bear was an animated corpse, Tänya grips her quarterstaff in her left hand (she is left handed, btw) and moves behind the winged warrior, dodging any of the other animals as she can, to keep the Undead bear from harming him further as she could.

"They're Undead!" she screams to her comrades, brandishing one end of her quarterstaff as a club against the animated corpse of the bear.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

"They're Undead!" she screams to her comrades, brandishing one end of her quarterstaff as a club against the animated corpse of the bear.
Tänya's announcement sends shivers down Renard's spine, and his passionate courage starts to slip away. His rapier held protectively between himself and the bear, flitting a glance at the winged warrior, a look of distress passes before his eyes...
... and then hurried memories and tales start to race through his brain ... If only he could remember what he had heard about such abominations...

<DM, please check a PM sent for a Renard action...>
;)
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

With his new-found companions uncircling the terrible beast, Renard will do his best to grab the wrist of the fallen warrior and pull him to relative safety. "Cover me," he pleads with Thounian and Tänya...
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

[ooc]
remember to not mention what i say to you in PMs when you write in your posts.
Many of the thinks you know come from checks i did for you and you only. So if you want to share the info with your party member you have to talk as Tanya did in her last post.[/ooc]

Ahkash shot another arrow against the same wolf. Again the he hits hard the wolf. Without a moan the wolf fall to the ground.

Thonunian hits the bear on its chest, ripping deeply it. The big animal seems to not feel the pain and continue to fight against the winged man. You all protect successful him and the bear can't hit him.

Tänya crushes the bear on its head, with her staff and some sparks of light spread from the wund for few seconds. The bear moans in pain!

Renard continues to sing while he's attacking the bear.
His rapier hits hard this time! A big hole was opened by the blow on his chest. You can see a lot of insects and grubs falling from the wund, probably coming from his rotten guts. (I did the check as a free action)

Atrus fight hard with the undead boars. with a mighty blow he finish the animal and then steps to the back of the bear flanking it.

the wolves now attack Artus and Thonunian but they don't hit.

the winged man scream and fall unconscious.
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Hearing the elf's warning cry, the rogue dropped his shortbow, and drawing his dagger, rushed to slash at the nearest wolf's flank.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

...and as he attempts to pull the winged warrior to safety, his frantic brain processes tales and songs ... -- and, noticing Tänya's battle tactics, he recalls something about such beasts.
"Use any blunt weapons you may have to best effect!"
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Moving rapidly to lay her free hand upon the unconscious warrior before Renard pulls him away, Tänya casts Cure Light Wounds upon him, in hopes of bolstering his ability to survive being dragged to safety while in such a state. Then rising with a look of set determination in her eyes, she positions herself between the wolves and the bear, readying herself to swing her staff as a club at any creature which chooses to threaten her companions (or herself!).
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

A gust of heat and whisp of smoke from the burning buildings buffeting her, learned lore of the Undead from her Master returns to the druid journeyman. Seeing Renard with the unconscious warrior near the source of the fire, she screams towards him, "Grab a burning brand and try to set the fur of the Undead beasts afire!!"
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Ahkash hits a wolf hard in his hip. The wolf respond to the attack biting his left leg. Blood spurt from the wound (4 damage)

Thonunian hits the bear on one leg. The articulation breaks with a loud "crack".
The bear falls to the ground. It is wounded seriously but still un-alive (:P)

Tänya wispers some arcane words that sound like a prayer. A mild light spread from her hands some of the wunds of the winged warrior are healed and he regains counsciousness.

Renard drag the winged man away from the fallen undead bear. Now he's in a safe position, although other animals could approach him.

Atrus give a mighty blow on the neck of the bear bearing his weapon with two hands. The head of the animal is severed from the body. the creature still moves.

The last wolf attacks Thonunian dealing 4 damages with one bite!

the winged man stand up and get ready for defend himself.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Seeing Renard with the unconscious warrior near the source of the fire, she screams towards him, "Grab a burning brand and try to set the fur of the Undead beasts afire!!"
Sheathing his rapier into the walking stick, Renard spurs himself into motion. (it as a wonder how commanding that comley elf can be!) Speeding as fast as he can, sprints to the burning farm, grabs a sizable piece of burning lumber and carries the make-shift heavy torch back to the nearest battle!

<his plan is to use this as a club that can hopefully set fur alight! :biggrin: >
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Dodging back from the wolf and favouring his leg, the half-elf rogue followed the bard's lead, running to the burning building, and catching up bits of flaming debris which he began throwing at the wolves from a safe distance. In his other hand, he kept his dagger, ready to defend himself if any came close.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

[ooc]without a graphic, I am unsure precisely where the wolves attacking Atrus and Thonunian are in relation to where I am with the bear, so I am hoping my guesses regarding locations of everyone is fairly accurate[/ooc]
Renard wrote:
Seeing Renard with the unconscious warrior near the source of the fire, she screams towards him, "Grab a burning brand and try to set the fur of the Undead beasts afire!!"
Sheathing his rapier into the walking stick, Renard spurs himself into motion. (it as a wonder how commanding that comley elf can be!) Speeding as fast as he can, sprints to the burning farm, grabs a sizable piece of burning lumber and carries the make-shift heavy torch back to the nearest battle!

<his plan is to use this as a club that can hopefully set fur alight! :biggrin: >
Smiling grimly to herself at the bard's compliance to her "suggestion" regarding the flaming brand, and taking hope from seeing the rogue follow suit, Tänya faces the rear of the headless beast and smashes her quarterstaff on to its severed neck with all the force her strong arm can muster. She continues to dodge the attacking wolves as best she can, preparing to wallop the nearest one with her staff at her first opportunity.
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

The bear seemed hurt worse by that Druid's staff than by my sword...

Thonunian sighs and steps out of range of attacks...

I'd hoped to save this for later...

and casts Disrupt Undead on the bear, or whatever undead is left by the time he casts it.
Last edited by Thonunian on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Atrus give a mighty blow on the neck of the bear bearing his weapon with two hands. The head of the animal is severed from the body. the creature still moves.
As his blade cleaves the head from the body, a scream of death and bloodlust erupts from his mouth. His reddened eyes turned to the wolves attacking himself and his elven compatriot.

He turned his blade to the wolf attacking him.
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Ahkash hits a wolf with one burning wood piece. The fur is burning, but not so quick to be of some use at the moment, other hits could be more effective adding the burning effect.

Thonunian cast a blue ray from his hand and it hit the tremble body of the undead bear. The light burn the spot it hit. The bear is still un-alive, it trys to hit Thonunian (blind attack) but it misses.

Tänya hits what remains of the body of the bear. The staff touch produce a white flame that burn for a while. When the flames extinguish, the body doesn't move any more.

Renard takes a big piece of burning lamber, but when he trys to go away he has been attacked by an undead deer that was hiding near the burning farm! It hits him with its horns dealing him 5 damages. Renard is quick enough to respond at the attack hitting the deer on the head. The deer is still fighting.

Atrus hits the last wolf with his sword. Still burning by the fire pieces thrown by Ahkash, the animal is crippled and inoffensive but still un-alive.

the winged man runs to help Renard, but he misses the deer.

During the confusion of the battle you all can clearly hear the familiar laugh of the goblin coming from a group of animals that are still fighitng against the farmers. He seems to have killed some animals and he seems to have a lot of fun! :P
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Leaving the crippled wolf for Atrus to mercifully finish off, Tänya charges the undead deer with her quarterstaff, hoping to stop it before it can attempt to gore Renard again. As she runs, two thoughts run through her mind:

The tall elf is a spell caster! Why did he not use his spell against undeads earlier?

...and...

What is this white light bursting forth when I hit a creature with my staff???
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

The handle of his sword was slick with bile and stale blood. The stink was unbearable, twisting his features into a stained grimace.

He leaned down to decapitate the incapacitated wolf, then started moving back to the farm.

[attack any leftover creatures in range, with the least injured first. If there is no animals left attacking, he will move to start putting out the fires at the barn]
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

[waiting for the moves of the other characters]

Return to “D&D Dark Hope”