Purgatory - Public Submission - Turn 6

Moderator: Goatkiller666

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Purgatory - Public Submission - Turn 6

Post by [Syl] »

Deadline Nov. 14th.
Last edited by [Syl] on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

The strangers now gone again, Iblis, uncaring, gazes upon his stronghold.
Glancing at the slightly clawed hand he held out, then back to the outthrust thumb of his citadel,
his mind clenched, even as the fist did likewise.

And from the edges of the parapet rose slowly groaning four curled fingers,
projecting above and beyond the palm of the citadel top.

The Citadel Of The Hand.

Iblis was well pleased...
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Niggle
Stonedownor

Post by Niggle »

Putting herself back into what she thought was a somewhat reasonable semblance of decorum in dress, she made her way out of the glade, to see Derlebn awaiting her return at the side of the road. He cocked an eyebrow towards her, and she took note of her matted hair and slightly disheveled state. He grinned knowingly, and she blushed.

"Where to?" she asked. He stood, brushed himself off, then shrugged. Pointing down the road further in the direction they had yet to travel, he turned his eyeless sockets towards her, and indicated it was her choice.

The road continued onward, yet Niggle had seen the one-who-showed-her-what-she-needed fly into the swirling miasma above, apparently with no ill affect. If she took to the sky, she would miss out on the little details of her surroundings. Yet she would perhaps see somewhere to find what she needed to sate her hunger from above, and apparently there was time enough to come back if she wished to see what she may have missed.

Looking intently at Derlebn, she realized again that she was told he was a male of his kind. But, she saw nothing emanating from him. Seeing nothing on the road that even hinted at sating her hunger, she looked upward, rubbed her new amulet between her thumb and forefinger while she considered the strange symbols she had seen on the other's map, then took to the sky...
Who knows where madness lies?
To surrender Dreams, this may be madness, to seek treasure where there is only trash?
Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all is to see life as it is, and not how it should be!
~ Cervantes
nameless
Servant of the Land

Post by nameless »

A winged relic sought to grasp at his crude mapwork, only to fall stricken. Nameless looked to this and was dismayed. The road and all around it were still too overpowering for his senses, and he the same in kind. Thinking himself cruelly parched, but unwilling to return to water, he turned his back to the parapet and all near it, striding forward.
Alek
Stonedownor

Post by Alek »

What a punch!! I doubt the Abomination could have hit harder than that!! I need to regain my human appearance.

*veering from Dragon to human form*

**Great Laughter** "Nameless!!! Extraordinary!!! Simply extraordinary!!! Where did you learn to punch like that?!? Truly, I never even saw the blow coming! Never saw you move a muscle!"

*follows Nameless*

"Hey, what are you up to? Going anywhere interesting?"
When your life is filled with Love, ...uh... it's a pretty neat thing.

Return to “Purgatory”