Favourite Alcoholic Drink

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Favourite Drink

Tequila
8%
Whiskey
15%
Brandy
No votes
Schnapps
No votes
Beers
27%
Beers
27%
Absinth
No votes
Wines
23%

Total votes: 26

Gil galad
The Gap Into Spam

Favourite Alcoholic Drink

Post by Gil galad »

hehe just got back for a club agm at uni and we couldny decide what drink was best so her we go ill ask you guys to deide for us all i hopw thats sweet with you all! :D
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

I'll vote for Beer!

Just a bit of advice jedi...There's a specific forum called "The Galley" for food or drink related posts. You'll find it under the forum index heading titled "The Collective".
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Cider, though I've been dying to try mead... or a variation of mead called, coincidentally, metheglin.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Gil galad
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gil galad »

Thanks for the advice brinn, perhaps i should have hunted more for a more appropriate place to post this up suppose its too late now :P 8)
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Nah, Vain or Jay will come along some time and move it. No biggie.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and move this to that Galley Forum.-jay
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Thanks Jay. :D

Um.... what's Absinth????

And my favourite isnt there.....bourbon, but I do like whiskey and rum.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Ew, absinthe is about 80% alcohol isn't it? :? I voted for red wine...mmmm.....
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Beer.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Real absinthe is illegal in the US. I believe it's distilled from wormwood. The first time I ever heard about it was in Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls. I believe I also saw it being imbibed recently in the movies From Hell and Moulin Rouge. There's also a bar on Bourbon Street called the Absinthe House, though they obviously don't sell real absinthe. I believe I tried a drink there that was supposed to taste similar... anise, maybe. Tasted like black licorice. I'd like to try the real thing once, but I don't think I'd probably like it.

ahhh...
ab·sinthe also ab·sinth
n.
A perennial aromatic European herb (Artemisia absinthium), naturalized in eastern North America and having pinnatifid, silvery silky leaves and numerous nodding flower heads. Also called common wormwood.
A green liqueur having a bitter anise or licorice flavor and a high alcohol content, prepared from absinthe and other herbs, and now prohibited in many countries because of its toxicity.
-George Steiner
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

By the way, as strange as it is for a 21 year old college student, I have never had any alcohol. Well, except church wine. That doesn't count, heh.-jay
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Wine for me...especially wine and champagne made from cherries intead of grapes....yummmmmm

I will try to rememebr to bring some to Elohimfest with me. 8) :)
Love as thou wilt.

Gil galad
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gil galad »

Real absinth has some interesting properties like changing colour when you add sugar and being a little hallucenagenic :P

Post by Guest »

Vodka and coke for me.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

If I'm buying, it's wine.

If someone else is buying, it's amaretto. :D

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Syl wrote:Real absinthe is illegal in the US. I believe it's distilled from wormwood. The first time I ever heard about it was in Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls. I believe I also saw it being imbibed recently in the movies From Hell and Moulin Rouge. There's also a bar on Bourbon Street called the Absinthe House, though they obviously don't sell real absinthe. I believe I tried a drink there that was supposed to taste similar... anise, maybe. Tasted like black licorice. I'd like to try the real thing once, but I don't think I'd probably like it.

ahhh...
ab·sinthe also ab·sinth
n.
A perennial aromatic European herb (Artemisia absinthium), naturalized in eastern North America and having pinnatifid, silvery silky leaves and numerous nodding flower heads. Also called common wormwood.
A green liqueur having a bitter anise or licorice flavor and a high alcohol content, prepared from absinthe and other herbs, and now prohibited in many countries because of its toxicity.
A bloke in Nottingham died after downing a yard of absinthe :( It's that bad...
Triock
Servant of the Land

Post by Triock »

My favorite is a drink I call liquid cocaine.

1 Ounce Jagermeister
1 Ounce Rumpleminze
1/2 once Bacardi 151
It's best if all of the above are chilled.
Warning!!! This is very strong and is not a sipping drink. Pour all in a glass and down it.
....I wish to find meaning for the sacrifices of those who live.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ooh thats that stuff Johny Depp consumed and later killed him in that movie .. about jack the ripper :(
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Triock
Servant of the Land

Post by Triock »

Is It? I never heard about that. I really like the drink though. I can't have more than three in a 3 or 4 hour period though. :cheers:
....I wish to find meaning for the sacrifices of those who live.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

oh oops!! haha .. no sorry .. i must 've missed a post .. i meant the abysinth thing ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “The Galley”