Weretiger's Curse - The journey to Scragnoth

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Weretiger's Curse - The journey to Scragnoth

Post by Nathan »

You're standing in a group by the road, there are two unconscious people here, a man and a woman. On the floor there is a crossbow. The man is wearing studded leather armour and a buckler. The woman is wearing robes. Both appear to be bleeding from wounds they received in the battle, so they appear to still be alive, but you don't know how long they'll last without medical attention of some sort.

You can just about still see the other two bandits running away, with Merlin wheeling above them out of their crossbow range.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Her hands starting to tremble as the realization of what she's done sinks in to the elf, Irian goes to the unconscious cleric and removes her healers kit to start bandaging the cleric's wounds in an attempt to at least stabilize her. Once done, she moves over to assist Charn with the bandit, assuming he does the same with him, and then attempting to get him to lie down and rest by trying to cradle his head in her arms, sees what can be done for Vargon, beyond the healing he has already received.

[heal check please, good DM]

Looking towards the rogue with self-reproach in her eyes, she says to him, "I sensed no dishonesty in their offer to surrender, but their sudden movement startled me. I was not sure in what I sensed. I am new to battle, and reacted hastily. I will strive to have more wisdom in my decisions in the future.

"I do think these two should be bound for when they come around. But, I leave that decision to you..."
In the cool shade of the glade, adventure awaits...
~avatar by DeviantART's tracyjb, graphic shared by Shadow Strike
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Irian heads over to the woman and, having had a closer look, finds that she's alive but dying. Irian spends a little time attempting to stabilise her. Irian doesn't manage to do it, and is surprised when, after a few seconds, the woman enters a stable condition on her own.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Eyes widening in surprise as the woman stabilizes on her own, Irian thinks to herself, Amazing. With luck the good brother is having a better effect on the other, but if not, perhaps he will stabilize on his own as well and we can decide what to do about them.
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon looks to his wounds.

The power of the cleric prayer is incredible!

he thinks.

"Thanks, brother Charn, your helo is really appreciated"

The he glances at the bandits

"I think we should tie them and when the regain consciousness ask who they are and why they attacked us... if those question aren't obvious..."
In the name of the King, i will serve!
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

Shrugging his shoulders, the rogue takes Vargon's rope and uses it to tie the two bandits together, effectively immobilising them.
The beggar has nothing to fear from the thief.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

After Charn tends to the remaining bandit and makes sure he's not going to die, Xavier drags the two bodies together, sits them back to back and ties them together with rope, making sure that their hands and feet are secured.

At the moment they're still both unconscious, so you can't talk to them. The sun is still high in the sky, so you estimate you've got a few hours' traveling time remaining.
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Rummaging through her backpack, Irian withdraws a days worth of the bread rolls she had acquired before leaving Tethil. Holding them out in front of her, she asks the party, "Shall we wait for these two to come around? Or shall we continue on towards Scragnoth and leave them to their own devices? I am willing to leave these here for them, although I don't wish to unbind them to make things easier for them..."

While waiting for an answer, Irian searches the two unconscious to see if any information on who they are or why they attacked the party, other than simple highway robbery, was forthcoming.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

On the bandit you find:

studded armour
longsword
buckler
crossbow with 20 bolts.

On the woman you find:

flowing white robes.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

"I had no idea your people were so cruel elf," the rogue commented. 'Leave them bound next to food they cannot reach?" He shook his head.

"If we're not going to question them, I say untie them, and go our way. But if you seek answers, then we wait. I do not care either way. We survived the encounter. What more is required? If we leave, I will untie them and restore the rope to Vargon."
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn shrugs, "We cannot leave them bound - that be cruel, no matter what hardness they hold in their hearts. Their defeat be punishment enough. Let us continue to Scragnoth."

"Be the rest of you hale enough to travel? I have but minor benisons left - lest we rest and I pray for restoration."

BC
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Looking toward the rogue, Irian replies, "I trust you bound them well, yet I suspect the two others will return, possibly with others, to unbind them and partake of the food. I believe leaving them bound would give us more time, should they choose to pursue us and exact revenge. But, depending on what Vargon wishes, as he was the most grievously harmed by them, I will agree to unbinding them and departing. Yet I will still leave behind the food, as they appear to have none.

"Can anyone make use of any of these items? A buckler will only interfere with my spellcasting, and while Corellon Larethian may smile upon the use of a longsword, my longbow serves Ehlenestra with joy."

Turning to the cleric, Irian bows. "You healing restored me fully, brother. You have my sincere thanks."
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

[are you taking any of the things you found on them?]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Disliking the idea of weighing herself down further, Irian asks again, "Would anyone like any of these items? I would be more than happy to sell them once we find a market in Scragnoth, but if I take it all, I will be yet further slowed down until then. And if anyone can find any benefit from any of these items, I am more than happy for you to take them.

"Vargon, would this longsword be of use to you as another weapon? Or perhaps the buckler? Xavier, how about the studded armor for you? Although, I think I will claim the crossbow and bolts to sell later for sure..."

Eyeing the robes of the cleric, Irian exhales a longing sigh. Her own clothes could do with a wash, and the robes would be a nice change...but no. To add insult to injury to the unconscious woman by leaving her disrobed...Even the merchant's daughter didn't have that in her.
Xavier
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Xavier »

After a thoughtful moment, the rogue nodded. "I'll exchange my leather armour for this studded leather armour, and leave mine behind in its place."

Making the exchange, he turns to the rest. "I agree with the cleric...no need to leave them bound here. And Vargon may have need of his rope further down the road. If we are ready to leave, I'll untie them and we can be on our way."
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Xavier takes a couple of minutes to untie the bonds around the prisoners, stripping the man of his studded armour at the same time. He hands the rope back to Vargon with a grin, "you may need this further down the road."

Leaving the ambushers lying senseless by the road, everyone starts walking again towards the capital city.

The afternoon seems to pass quickly, the excitement of the bandit attack dominating your thoughts. It seems like nightfall approaches without you even noticing, and the sky is clear. You can see the stars clearly like pinpricks in the velvety blackness.

Exhausted from the exertions of traveling and fighting, you quickly fall asleep, the sound of crickets and the distant howling of wolves providing no barrier to your fatigue.

In the morning you wake up to the realisation that you've learnt a little something from all the trials you've been through over the past few days. You feel stronger, more alert, more able.

[everyone has gone up a level. If you don't know what to do to advance your character by a level PM me and I'll let you know.]
Irian
Giantfriend

Post by Irian »

Nathan wrote:[everyone has gone up a level. If you don't know what to do to advance your character by a level PM me and I'll let you know.]
[Whoo-hoo!!!]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

The rest of the journey to the capital city passes without note. When you arrive, the first thing you notice is the huge scale of the place. There must be thousands of people living here.

It's surrounded by gigantic stone walls, easily twice your height and thick enough to stop anything short of an earthquake from taking them down. You pass by a castle on the right as you approach the gates of the city, You recognise the flag raised from its towers as the banner of Lord Alden.

When you get close, you notice two guards standing at attention by the gates. They're both wearing scale mail and holding long pikes. The taller of the gestures at you to stop and asks "what's your business in the city?". He seems more bored than interested and doesn't look threatening.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Charn holds out his hands in blessing. "A Sun of warmth and light upon you, watchmen. We be here in search of the wisdom of the Apothecaries' Guild..." Charn pauses, hoping for a helpful reply.
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Vargon
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Vargon »

Vargon decide that Brother Charn did a great job and he doesn't think that it is necessary to add anything more.

"well done, brother"
he says winking at the cleric.
In the name of the King, i will serve!

Return to “D&D Weretiger's Curse”