Dark Hope - Chapter 2 - Tower of Mist Journey

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Although the Druid had walked off, Ahkash addressed himself to the rest of the party.

"Given the bias of the note, I don't think we should take everything in it as gospel. I certainly am the "shadow demon," for example." He laughed softly to himself for a second.

"All the note truly tells us is that somebody is aware of our...quest, and knows more of us than we think he should. All else is supposition."
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Renard nods his agreement.
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Nodding back, the half-elf continued, "Do you set up camp...I'll be back in turn for my watch."

Then turning, he walked into the woods in the opposite direction to that taken by the druid.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Watching Akhash leave, Renard stares at the empty bit of forest where he disappeared to with a curious look,
'Do I set up camp?' ... he muses silently for a moment, then looks at himself. 'Does it look like I know how to "set up camp"?...'

Looking back over his shoulder at Thonunian, Balpur and Arael, Renard asks sheepishly, "I don't suppose any of you knows how to 'set up camp'? ... build a fire? ... check the direction of the wind?... search for berries?..." He shrugs helplessly to himself and then sets about to aid in such an alien endeavour, whistling a tune all the while ...

:)
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I know none of these tasks, but I am willing to attempt them...I would prefer to do so under the guidance of one who actually knows how to do these things....does anyone?
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Balpur laughs loudly when he sees that no one knows how to setup a camp...
"ihihihih, wait my friend, i'll be gald to light a fire in few moments"
He moves fast on his short legs. He takes some woods and light a warm fire.

"just done! now we should find something to eat!"
He runs around the woods for a while collecting mushrooms, berries and fruits.
You all eat enought to be satisfied.

if you don't want to do anything more, we can move to the next day.
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

As Thonunian is preparing to enter trance, he stops and looks behind him very quickly, an expression of surprise on his face. A few moments later, you all hear a loud hooting, and a pure-white owl soars down and lands on his shoulder.
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

The party rests for the night.
Then in the morning you are all ready to move toward the tower of mist.
A coupple of days pass after the ambush and nothing strange happens.

You approach the next town on your path, Trequanda.
You know that it is a small town, not bigger than Pan Town, but you know it is fortified with external wood walls.
You all hold the breath when you reach the top of the last hill before Trequanda...
The town is under attack!
It seems that a little army (maybe a hundred of soldiers) is attacking the city.

You can see also that some guards of the town are holding the front doors to allow the farmers to enter the town.
Anyway, even if the guards are fighting bravely, many of the farmers are killed before they can reach the town.
You are about a mile away from the town, if you move immediatly with your orse at top speed, you assume that you can reach the town before the guards close the doors.

there is another option.
You could simply go away and follow the road to the tower of mist...
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"I find the slaughter of defenseless folk offensive. Only against a worthy opponent can you find value. I say we strike."

ooc--I'm looking for wherever the soldiers seem to have the most gold/silver on their uniforms/armor, the command tent or at least where the leaders are--
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Star, you see that the army is shattered in small groups, no more than 5 people.
You see that there are some spellcasters among each group.
The archers on the wood walls are well trained, but the spells are too much for them.
Apparently there isn't a leader on the battlefield.
and you can understand that they aren't well organized.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

The druid, having days ago decided the bard was proficient at guiding his team, glances at the battle around the town from the back of Solana, then looks longingly at the trail as it winds off back into the wood. Gripping White Blossom with a decisive air, she nods at Star. "I am agreed with you," she says, as she readies Solana to take off at a gallop. "What say you others? And Ahkash, will you ride upon Solana with me for the run to the gates, should we choose to make the attempt to help?"
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

"hoo boy," is the first (rather unpoetic) thought that crosses Renard's mind. He nodded at Star's comment. One could hardly turn their back upon innocent people (why do farmers have to suffer so much) regardless of the importance of their mission.

"Let's make for the gates," he suggests rather tentatively, "And if we can take out any of those wizards, let us do so."
Then to the others, "I do not carry a bow or any other missile-type weapon. If any of you have, please teach the spellcasters a little lesson."

And if there is no objection, on sheer nerve and dexterity alone, Renard attempts to get the horses amoving!....
Last edited by Renard on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

The half-elf shook his head at the druid.

"Ward yourself elf. I will meet you in the town."

Having spoken, he turned and jogged along the treeline until ducking out of sight of the rest of the party.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

"Fool!!" Tänya hissed to herself, falling to the back of the party. Ensuring all members of the party that she could still see where safely beyond the area of her intent, she urged Solana towards the gates at a full gallop, focusing her attention on her rising sun pendant, moving her hands in an intricate pattern, and mumbling a few words to herself. As soon as she was within 500' feet of the attackers, yet past the area of her intent, she lets go the spell, then putting White Blossom into her quiver, she notches an arrow and lets fly.

[if successful, hoping to see grasses, weeds, any plants and trees wrap themselves around the spell casters and attackers, in an attempt to at least hinder them until all are inside.]
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Renard struggle swith the notion of letting loose an appropriate song to give courage not just to his companions, but the farmers ... however he is far too scared to become a target of every arrow and spell...
So, instead, he charges for the gates, hoping his fine horses will assist him...

"Take care, fair one," comes his shout to Tanya.
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Thonunian also urges his mount into a gallop, draws his sword, channels Chill Touch through his sword when he reaches the enemies (he was heading for the nearest spellcaster), and casts Kelgore's Fire Bolt at another spellcaster if it takes more than one round to reach the enemies at full gallop.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Star takes off following Thonunian, looking for anyone who is targeting him with a bow or a spell.

Return to “D&D Dark Hope”