Dark Hope - Chapter 2 - Tower of Mist Journey

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Mephiston
Giantfriend

Dark Hope - Chapter 2 - Tower of Mist Journey

Post by Mephiston »

All the members of the party, except for Atrus, were gathered to the temple of Graveris before begin the journey to the Tower of Mist.

The weather is high, and the new spring is abundantly blossoming all around.

While consulting each other regarding supplies and route for the journey, the party notices a stranger who has appeared in the glade in front of the temple ruins...
Last edited by Mephiston on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Moving his head side to side, attempting to get a better view of this person in the glade, he calls out.
"Well met! The golden sun beckons spring as I do you." Renard smiles and looks about at his companions. Then back to the stranger asks, "Do you seek word with us, or do you seek solace or prayer at this once forgotten temple?"

<DM: Spot check to see if s/he is alone and what s/he looks like>
Last edited by Renard on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

ooc
surely i wasn't clear but what i meant with the temple ruins and temple of Matheris is the ruins outside the town... not the Solaris' Church
/ooc

edit...
ops i mean Graveris :P :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

A human female steps forward, easing back the cowl of her dark cloak, revealing jet-black hair bound into braids. One falls forward over each shoulder. She stands some five and a half feet tall, with eyes of a cold, glacial blue. She moves with a subtle, supple grace, while her eyes rapidly flit across everyone, assessing. She is wearing a sleeveless top, reminiscent of a large vest, with loose flowing pants of some kind that stop at mid-shin. A faint smile adorns her face as she speaks...

" A pleasant day to you. I am called Falling Star of Omens, or more commonly simply Star. Some small word of what has transpired here has spread. I am, as you perhaps can tell, a member of the Order Of The Challenge. The story of what has happened, and your intentions, interest me greatly. While our primary tenet is indeed that "Measure is unceasing", there is measure, and there is MEASURE. Banishing an evil power and working to restore a desecrated temple shows you oppose those who would challenge the very gods. Against such opposition, I might truly find opportunities to measure myself. . We say, "those who walk apart from you, are not you. Those who walk with you, are you". I would walk with you, and be one with you in this noble cause."
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

*bows*

"Welcome, sister Star. I am known as Tänya. May I introduce," pointing to the various party members in turn, "Ahkash, Renard, and Thonunian?"
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Upon hearing his name mentioned, Renard gives a bow with a flourish.
"Pleasure. The tales you have heard are music to my ears. For all these people," he says gesturing to those about him, including the goblin, Balpur, and the winged warrior, Arael, "have earned the honour that those tales speak of. However, this tale is not yet complete, and we are set to travel from here in pursuit of the evil that made its dark mark here."

Looking to each of his companions, Renard adds, "If you seek to help in this endeavour, then I think you are welcome to come."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Star makes a small bow, more of a nod, holding her head inclined as her eyes meet those of each of you, then dip briefly, as she makes contact with everyone's gaze.

"I am honored. "

Again, that small smile. It seems to be mostly a gesture, something done because it is expected and proper, although there is the slightest hint of sincerity. It bespeaks a detachment, and a knowledge of that distance, and a conscious effort to put you at ease. She is clearly not the most outgoing of souls.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

"May I ask how far you have traveled, Star?" Tänya asks. "For the events you describe have only recently occurred. Are you a citizen of the local area or of Pan Town proper?"
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Renard smiles at the thoroughness of the lovely druid. "An excellent question, Voice of Spring, and I am sure we all may have more friendly queries for you, Fallen Star of Omens. For now, ride in with us. We jouney a few days out from here and can spend the time learning more."

Renard's smile, contrasting that of Star, is full of humour and 'joie de vie'. His pale grey eyes flit about in an effort to capture all the wonder that is about all the time. His light brown wavy hair dances upon his head with the rhythm of his step. Dressed in travel leathers, the clothes that can be seen are all simple, but well-made, and usually very clean and tended. Other than travelling gear and an elegant walking stick, he wear no obvious weapons.
Although a fairly young man, he often carries himself in a much more mature manner, and frequently slips in to humming or singing in moments of silence...
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"In my Order, we seek to know ourselves, measure ourselves, to the utmost possible. While we do respect the gods, we do not actually worship them....They are outside of the self, and in giving oneself to the worship of a deity, there is then always a part of the self unknowable, where the touch of the deity lays. Many misunderstand this...we do NOT believe that no one should worship the gods, or that they don't exist. They work wonders and mysteries before our eyes every day. Simply that their worship precludes the path we walk. We often simply let our feet lead us where they may, and seek to measure ourselves against whatever we find. I had the good fortune to be near to Pan Town when you cleansed the ruins, and seized the opportunity."
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

The half-elf nodded a greeting to the new human, slightly bemused by her apparent eagerness to face potential danger, but not averse to having an additional member of the party to share it.

"Greetings Star," he said.

"You are welcome to join us if you wish, but we can make no promises as to what the future may bring."
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

very well my friends, if you don't want to add anything else to the "presentation", i'll go on with the travel ;)
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

[ooc] please do! However I will add a little narrative that may be of interest to 'imagining' stuff... [/ooc]

Everyone cannot help but notice that Renard is riding in a cart pulled by two horses: a gorgeous looking cherry bay mare and a stunning glossy-coated black stallion. They are wonderful looking horses, confident in their strides --- which is more than can be said for Renard. Although the fair-haired young man seems quite at ease, it can be noticed that his hads grip the leather reins a little too tightly, revealing his unease.
Still, he manages.....

Nodding to the road ahead, he cheerfully asks, "Shall we---?"
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Star steps back into the trees, bringing out a thoroughly unremarkable mount. She lightly springs into the saddle, and eyes Renard's conveyance for a moment appraisingly. Idly, she commences a series of elaborate arm and hand exercises, demonstrating a supple strength, as well as formidable dexterity and flexibility.

"By all means, talesinger"
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

The druid sitting at the bard's side, she calls down to the goblin monk. "Balpur, I wish to ride with Renard for awhile. Will you join us? Solana will follow on her own. I still wish to learn what you may teach about the ways of the quarterstaff, and perhaps we may attempt to practice what you share as we stop each night.

With an appraising eye glancing in the direction of Star's quarterstaff, she adds, "And perhaps another will join us in our exercises as she desires.

"Are we agreed?" as she leans down, offering the goblin a hand up.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"Certainly" Star replied "however, in all honesty, I only use the staff as a matter of necessity. Weapons are external to the self, and can become a crutch, a hindrance to the self-mastery my Order seeks." She executes a couple of elaborate wrist rolls, ending with clenched fists "Only where using my body as my weapon would be self-defeating do we use weapons...against such things as shadows, or vampires...anything thats mere touch is dangerous." She then indicates the two oddly differing heels of the staff she bears "Silver, for those creatures invulnerable to aught else*switching ends*"and cold iron, for those needing that."
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

The smile of curiosity creeps across Renard's lips as he watches and listens to Star's descriptions. He had heard of such Orders but only such. They were quiet in every sense. The notion that one so comely and potentially deadly efficient would be travelling with them was enticing.

"Well, fair Star, let us be off. And be warned," adds Renard with mock seriousness, "We may task you with questions aplenty."

<grin>
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

The half-elf snorted to himself and shook his head silently at the sight of the Bard's cart. It would attract attention from miles away.

Shrugging, he settled his unstrung bow across his shoulder, checked his pouches and weapons, and slunk off after the rest of the party, keeping a close eye on their surroundings.
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Balpur jumps in the cart
"I'll be glad to stay with you for the duration of the travel...
And yes i have some stories that you could be interested into... maybe... ihihihi"

Arale follows the party with his horse.

The group is ready to start the trip when the voice of a man calling you gets your attention

"hey! Hey! Stop! don't go away!"
The innkeeper is running toward you with a great sword in his hands.
You immediatly recognize the sword as the Atrus' one.

"Oh! For all is blessed by Solaris! i gussed you were there to take the road to the south... but.. i feared i was late!"
The man take a long breath, he seems exausted for the long run.

"here the sword of your friend, i think his name was Atrus... this night i heard strange noises came from his room, i opened the door to see if all was ok... but i found only his sword on his bed... and nothing else!"
He looks around scared
"i... i don't want this item in my tavern, and i think it is cursed... please take it with you... i'm sure you will be able to take care of it!"

The man rise the weapon upon his head and bows...
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"Cursed? Then touching it would probably be ill-advised. Renard, if you do not mind, might we place it in your cart? This man seems to have suffered no ill effects, if he would secure it there, it would greatly ease transport without worry of any possible curse afflicting us by touching the thing. Of course, if the curse requires mere proximity...." Star shrugs.

Return to “D&D Dark Hope”