Who's THE Captain?! Once and 4 all...

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

Who's THE Captain of the Enterprise?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:12 am

Kirk
53%
Picard
41%
Scottie! Yah that's right, it ain't goin nowhere unless Scottie says go...
6%

Total votes: 17

jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Who's THE Captain?! Once and 4 all...

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

Okay. Here it is. The Trekie poll of all polls, the title fight!
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Kirk, easily.

I don't think I was ever a real fan of Picard. (I'm more a fan of Janeway. In fact, way more. I'd rather be lost in space with her Voyager crew than be stuck with Picard's Enterprise crew.)
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

pft.

neither kirk nor janeway would or could take on Q AND the Borg.

sorry. Picard. hands down.
(tho i'm a Sisko fan too)
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

James Tiberius Kirk. My hero.....
The King has one more move.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Sorry, there were only two captains of the Enterprise, Pike and Kirk. I don't know enough about Pike to make a determination about him.

Kirk by default.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

lucimay wrote:pft.

neither kirk nor janeway would or could take on Q AND the Borg.

sorry. Picard. hands down.
(tho i'm a Sisko fan too)
Good point about Q and the Borg...maybe it's not so much Picard that I'm harsh on, but rather his crew. Data was the only one I could say I liked; the others I found too annoying on a regular basis (and I wasn't even a regular TNG viewer).
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

I'm having a hard time remembering when exactly Picard defeated the Borg.

Were they ever defeated?

Janeway may have done more to help defeat the Borg as a race than Picard ever could have.

Last I remember, Picard turned tail and ran.
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'll take Picard over Kirk in this poll, but the absolute best was Sisko.
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

Kirk was a maverick, that appeals to me. Picard was an empty uniform. Pike was accidentally turned into a quadriplegic who can only move forward, backward slightly, and beep once for yes and twice for no, and he ultimately had to be saved from this torment by Spock. I don't understand how Pike was left out of this poll, he did manage to escape from the aliens on Talos IV the first time, after all.
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Kirk was THE Captain of the Enterprise.

Picard was OK but he couldnt tie his shoes without asking someone at Starfleet.

Kirk had to make decisions on the spot that had ramifications throughout the Federation and he usually didnt ask for permission first.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

SoulBiter wrote:Kirk was THE Captain of the Enterprise.

Kirk had to make decisions on the spot that had ramifications throughout the Federation and he usually didnt ask for permission first.
Yeah, but he didn't take much counsel either, and although one person must take on the burden of the final choice, one person's viewpoint is very, very limited...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Sorry, I'll take Kirk's damn-the-torpedoes, bone anything that moves approach over the lame, permission-asking pretender on TNG. Hell, Janeway had a bigger sack than Picard.

When the poop hits the fan, I know which captain I'd want calling the shots. And I don't care that he wears a girdle and a rug. Whatever it takes.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Cail wrote:Sorry, I'll take Kirk's damn-the-torpedoes, bone anything that moves approach over the lame, permission-asking pretender on TNG. Hell, Janeway had a bigger sack than Picard.

When the poop hits the fan, I know which captain I'd want calling the shots. And I don't care that he wears a girdle and a rug. Whatever it takes.
Well, at least you'd win if it were a women-eating contest for the fate of the universe!

:biggrin:
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

As long as it's not the guy who looks like they actually wanted Harrison Ford but couldn't afford to pay him .. what's his name? Archer?
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

:lol:
jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:

Yeah, but he didn't take much counsel either, and although one person must take on the burden of the final choice, one person's viewpoint is very, very limited...
I have to disagree. Kirk accepted the counsel of McCoy and Spock on numerous occasions.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

....AND he boned his way across the galaxy.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

matrixman wrote::lol:
jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:

I have to disagree. Kirk accepted the counsel of McCoy and Spock on numerous occasions.
K...fine, Spock's counsel...but a Dr.'s? At least Picard sook (my spelling..mine!) cousel with those that had experience in these things, those higher in rank...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

You know, that Picard guy could sure order a mean cup of tea.....
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

dlbpharmd wrote:I'll take Picard over Kirk in this poll, but the absolute best was Sisko.
Yea, Sisko was my favorite too, but, I like Kirk better than Picard. Picard was too refined.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Cail wrote:You know, that Picard guy could sure order a mean cup of tea.....
I like the way he says "#1" too, must practice that at night in front of the mirror to get it to sound soo...emmm.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”