Aesir: Game Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Agapé
Ramen
Location: I'm so lovable, the doctors gave me a special white jacket so I can hug myself!

Post by Agapé »

Eyeing both the longshoremen waiting his orders to cast off again, and the strange insignia upon the breast of Nkol, Jamson cuts to the quick. "Welcome aboard The Enduring Antiphon. I wish not to seem abrupt, but we were just getting underway. How may we be of assistance?" he asks, signaling to Thea to start shuffling some stores out of the passenger berths that usually are not used on their supply runs, on the suspicion they may be needed. That is, if he judged aright the purpose of the assembled on the docks with their gear.
Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

And when you feel afraid, love one another
When you've lost your way, love one another
When you're all alone, love one another
When you're far from home, love one another
When you're down and out, love one another
All your hopes run out, love one another
When you need a friend, love one another
When you're near the end, love one another
We got to love one another
Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Post by Serloth Lorekeeper »

"You need but show us where to place these things, the necessary tools of our trades, for the voyage." said Nkol.

Jee Dai added, "If a space upon the deck might be set aside for the Sworn to train. Room to move, for maintaining the body. Clear space, to meditate and exercise the mind."
Agapé
Ramen
Location: I'm so lovable, the doctors gave me a special white jacket so I can hug myself!

Post by Agapé »

"We are a supply ship, not used to many passengers at once, but we will accommodate as we can, for the friendship between Love and Knowledge," Jamson replied. Signaling Thea forward, he introduces her to the two. "First Mate Thea here will see to your needs, assigning berths and having the crew find space for you. We are on the return run to Ahava to celebrate the launching of two new sea going vessels, The Devoted Focus and The Smouldering Glance. To where are you headed?"
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

Alof: "Elohima welcome to you and your friends to Cron it is both a pleasure and a surprise to have visitors to our humble shores but I insist that you spend a day or two to rest a little from your journey , we intend to provide a feast for you this evening if you are happy to join us, Sergent Talinn tells me you have musicians that can lighten the heart of anyone and it would be a delight to us all here if you would share your music with the villagers as many of them have been under duress from the troubles up north",

"But I have been rude as I have not introduced myself to you , I am a Journeyman in service to the prophet Critz ,whom was graced with the power of our God Alcifer , the power of healing and in turn Critz blessed me with powers of healing not quiet as strong as him but quiet potent nonetheless, I as many of my fellow Journeymen have travelled across the southern continent of Mekoth and spread the virtues of healing among all the folk we have encountered and hopefully we believe helped their lives in some way"
"When we have talked in more detail about your desires I will send word to the prophet Critz and I don,t doubt he would like to meet you also"

"Sergent Talinn here tells me you have healers among your group I would be very interested in having discussions with them, and would love to here about Agape your God and the work you do on her behalf"

" One other thing I am highly impressed with is your ships , they seem most impressive compared to our vessels as we intend to travel the seas to other lands to spread our talents and the knowledge to craft such ships would be very appealing"
" Thats enough from me I would love to hear from you on your hopes and desires and your wishes for your journey through these lands"
Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Agapé wrote:"We are a supply ship, not used to many passengers at once, but we will accommodate as we can, for the friendship between Love and Knowledge," Jamson replied. Signaling Thea forward, he introduces her to the two. "First Mate Thea here will see to your needs, assigning berths and having the crew find space for you. We are on the return run to Ahava to celebrate the launching of two new sea going vessels, The Devoted Focus and The Smouldering Glance. To where are you headed?"
"The God of Healing, Alcifer, has spoken to our lord Serloth. We seek passage to the capitol of Alcifer's folk, Candlar. The Sworn ones are simply extra protection, should pirates or any manner of marauder threaten."
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

In Cron:
Alof wrote:...
"Thats enough from me I would love to hear from you on your hopes and desires and your wishes for your journey through these lands"
Bowing towards the Journeyman, Elohima signals Grogellan and Berterli to step forward. "These two woodsmen are shamans of the Council of Agapé. They are Grogellan and Berterli. Step lively, you two. Don't be shy!" The Master laughs, giving Berterli a slight push forward.

Grogellan casts a sideways glance at Elohima, before bowing to Alof and Talinn with his arms spread wide to either side. "May Agapé's Love bring peace and prosperity upon you," he whispered in benediction before straightening. "I am Grogellan, and the "shy one" here is my mate, Berterli. We have some few small abilities with herbs and natural remedies, and as such we each were chosen to be among the crews of the Endeavor and the Striving. We can treat minor ills and injuries, but you are followers of a G-d of Healing, you say? Then our small learning is humbled before you, and we hope to learn from you while we stay among your people."

As he returns to the small group, Elohima speaks up again. "Sebel and I would be happy to arrange an impromptu concert in appreciation for your hospitality. If someone could show us to the square or field where it would be best to perform, we will assess it and then look for accommodations for ourselves before finding those others among us who play.

"As for the longboats, the people of Agapé have been blessed by our Lady's friendship with Serloth Lorekeeper, the G-d of Knowledge. Many of his followers have settled and found mates in Agapé's lands, and the cooperation between us have benefited us all. The shipyards in Ahava are impressive indeed, and the ships built are advanced with each new matched pair that are launched.

"Knowledge's people taught us how to care for our vessels and how to safely crew them. It took several seasons of short journeys to master the ships handling before our prophet charged us with exploring and settling Narie. But those who have mastered the art of building the ships are back home in Ahava. One day another of our vessels will find the lands of your people, perhaps with followers of the Lorekeeper aboard. We have found Knowledge and his followers to indeed be generous with their gifts."

Shifting her knapsack so it settled more comfortably across her shoulders, she walked over to her husband and took his hand. Smiling back at Alof she asked, "Now, if you could have someone show Sebel and me were you would like us to perform this evening?"

In Frahggelruk:
Nkol wrote:"The God of Healing, Alcifer, has spoken to our lord Serloth. We seek passage to the capitol of Alcifer's folk, Candlar. The Sworn ones are simply extra protection, should pirates or any manner of marauder threaten."
Smiling broadly, Jamson signals the party to board. "Then come aboard, as you will need depart from Ahava eventually. Perhaps the Focus and Glance will have a commission awaiting them upon their launch!"

Watching the Scrollsworn board along with the others, Jamson speaks quietly to Nkol. "Always better safe than sorry, I say. But if you travel via a pair of ships from Ahava, there should be no need for militia. Love has her ways of protecting her own, and those her own come to Love..."
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Days pass aboard the ship, and Nkol watches the complexities of seagoing life with avid interest. Every line, sheet, knot, and word he seeks to capture, fascinated by this entire culture which he knew nothing of. Jee Dai and the Sworn take more than a passing interest, albeit not with the intensity of Nkol. As a balance and coordination exercise they routinely run along the spars and lines at a full sprint, displaying their trademark absolute mastery of the body.
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

The wending of the river suddenly bringing the Antiphon into the muddy fertile flat lands of the delta of Mekoth, First Mate Thea makes note of the stunned expressions on the faces of The Lorekeeper's followers. Sidling up to Nkol, she comments with pride, "Yes, the shipyards here in Ahava are a sight for the eyes, are they not? They are nothing compared to the hive of industry in Vinzhest, but your fellow followers of Knowledge that have settled here have worked hard to make your L-rd proud. The improvements each season to the longboats are obvious, when you compare the Focus and the Glance to our baby here," she said, gently caressing the wood of the deck rail in front of her. "They are sea going vessels though, where as the Antiphon is a river running supply boat.

"We'll dock just south of the shipyards," she continued, "and you are all free to go about your business as you wish. Leandrea will most likely be found near the Great Hearth in the center square of Ahava; Jharvik could be anywhere. You could make your request for sea passage to either of them for its consideration to be put before the Council. But have no fear. I have never heard of requests for passage being denied; especially for those of The Lorekeeper.

"The day is young and the feast and virgin launches of the Focus and Glance will happen in the early evening. The shipyards and everywhere is open to you. You may wish a bath in the bath houses, another innovation of your people who have settled here. I am sure your fellow followers of Knowledge would be glad for a word of "home.""

Clapping Nkol on the back, Thea turns away to ready the crew to bring the Antiphon in to her berth. Then, as if something suddenly struck her, she turned back. "One more thing. Ahava and the entire delta region has had a visitor these past few seasons. She had let it be known several of her kind have arrived in Mekoth, though we do not know if you have been visited by any or not. She is a beautiful female with grand wings and is quite friendly, although curious. You need not fear her, should she decide to approach you."

With a grin of reassurance, Thea then heads off to supervise the crew while her husband Jamson oversees the steering into port.
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Nkol looks mildly interested in the news of this enigmatic visitor. His primary interest being works in stone and wood, he simply ponders that for a few seconds. Jee Dai, as ScrollSworn, is ever eager for new learning, and quickly scans the sky, hoping to see this woman, and speak to her. The remainder of Serloth's folk elect to walk around and see what sights there are. A couple go to see friends who have come here to share Knowledge with Agape's folk that they have not seen in months.
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

South of the shipyards along the Bandarit riverbank, a trail wends its way to Ahava. Disembarking from the Antiphon, Jamson and Thea head towards the village after casting their own appraising look upon the Focus and Glance still tied to their berths. "Beauty," Jamson whistled to Thea, taking in their sleek lines. Thea nodded and smiled, content with the Antiphon yet understanding her husband's admiration for the new boats.

"They are something, aren't they?" Jharvik's voice booms towards them from the trail ahead. Coming towards them, he kisses Thea lightly on both cheeks, then grabs Jamson in a bear hug, clapping him on the back. "It is good to see you again! What is happening along the rivers since I returned home to Leandrea's waiting arms?"

Jamson gave a brief run down of activity throughout northern Mekoth, finishing with the news of Knowledge's followers. "Are there any ships ready to set out upon the seas since the launch of the last two? I am sure this party will enjoy our hospitality for a short time, but they seem in a hurry to depart for this Alcifer's lands."

"You invited them to speak with me or Leandrea?" At their nods, Jharvik grinned. "Well, thankfully it is early in the day, and a celebratory feast and concert were already planned for after the launch of the Focus and Glance. I will inform Leandrea of our visitors, and we will prepare to confer with them after. I am sure we will be accommodating of their request at that time. We need only work out the details."

Laughing while they walked along, the Bandarit flowing onward towards the sea in its bed next to them, the three made their way towards Ahava.
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Last edited by Erd on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Last edited by Erd on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Last edited by Erd on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Nkol spends some time with the artisans here from Vinzhest, observing their work, offering some suggestions to improve their techniques, before joining the celebration of Love's people. The effusiveness and interpersonal closeness of Agape's folk are a change from home....neither better nor worse, simply different. Serloth's folk tend to be less overt, though no less passionate.

Jee Dai enjoys simply watching the people. The plain emotionality of these people is writ large in every nuance of their body and face. An interesting change from the beatific serenity most common among the Lorekeeper's people.

Sihul Ghal, another ScrollSworn, is a much more active participant in the festivities. She joins in the dancing, dazzling onlookers with her acrobatics, agility, and dexterity, as double flips, spins, and all manner of gymnastics flow smoothly to the beat.
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

Leandrea mingles through the celebrants with Jharvik at her side: sharing hugs here, tousling the heads of the children there, making herself especially open to holding or conversing with the children from the orphanage who have no adults besides their caretakers to innately share the festivities with. She notices Rae and several of her apprentices sitting aside and entertaining the younger ones, before Rae heads towards the stage to take her place within the chorus.

The virgin launch of both The Devoted Focus and The Smoldering Glance had gone off without a hitch, and the feasting was joyous and extensive.

The feasting winding down and the fire in the Great Hearth slowly diminishing, the drummers that beat out the dances cease while the other musicians take their places next to them in the bandshell. The new visitors to Ahava look puzzled, but their family and friends who have settled among Love's people smile indulgently and lead them to spots on the square with unobscured views of the musicians, and perfectly positioned to experience what was to come. For who knew better how the acoustics of the bandshell worked, then those of Knowledge who designed it?

Leandrea and Jharvik take their seats on the small raised wooden dais by the Great Hearth, several of the younger orphans clambering up to climb into their laps to listen to the music as they nod off enwrapped in their prophet's and her husband's arms. The air suddenly filled with the lush sound of the assembled musicians, magnificently enhanced by the acoustics of the bandshell, the celebrants are engulfed with waves of brotherly Love, any stresses and tensions the celebrants bringing with them carried away on the waves of sound. Those who have partners find desire rising within as their tensions ease, and they smile at each other, beginning to look forward to evening's end.

The musicians play for an hour, as the sky darkens and the moon rises overhead. The fire in the Great Hearth merely smoldering coals now, the concert softly drifts to an end, and the celebrants make their way back to their raised huts; the adults to indulge the feelings the music stirred within. Soon all that remains in the square is the newly arrived party, who look about them, and see Leandrea standing on the dais, mutely awaiting their choice as to what they wished to do next. Upon their arrival they had been offered accommodations within the village, or shown a protected glade where they could pitch camp, each member accorded whichever they were most comfortable with.

Seeing the newly arrived followers of Knowledge gather close and start to make their way to the dais, Leandrea raises her arms to greet them. "Be Welcome to Ahava, brothers and sisters of Knowledge." *low bow with arms spread wide* "Share Knowledge. The followers of Love rejoice in your arrival and friendship.

"We understand The Lorekeeper has given you a mission to go forth to the lands of a deity unknown to us and you come here seeking passage. Our newest boats, those we celebrated with feasting tonight, will be prepared to carry you to where ever you dictate. We only ask you allow those settlers who were preparing to sail out on this matched pair be allowed to venture along, for they have been awaiting the launch of these ships since being selected to venture forth.

"Readying the ships for a long journey will take nary a few days. Do you have a time schedule you wish to adhere to? Or is departure as soon as the boats are outfitted soon enough for you?

"In this way and others, we hope to repay the friendship of The Lorekeeper with our Lady. Is there anything else Love can strive to do for you? Whether as a group...

"...or for each of you individually? Please feel free to seek audience with me or Love's shamans, privately, should any of you have anything you believe Love may address."
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Jove
Stonedownor

Post by Jove »

Welcome to Narie, both Erd and Jove.

m'lady Jove, I am but a pale reflection of the wonder of Love that was both your husband and your father-of-Love on your home world. May we come to know one another with respect and admiration.

*bows*
Thank you, Agape. I send you greetings as well and wish that your followers grow in a wealth of love.

*bows*
Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

Welcome to Narie, both Erd and Jove.
Interesting. Your followers are swarming across my skin, and yet you welcome me here.

Perhaps it is I who should do the welcoming. Hmmm?
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

You have a point, Erd.

...so hop to it.
I would Love to be welcomed by you.
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Erd
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Erd »

All of you seemed quite happy to just move in without my welcome. Nature and Animals growing on me like maggots on a corpse, but too greedy to wait for me to die. Love encouraging them to eat faster. Wealth just digging holes in me to find the rare bits.

I'm afraid of what would happen if I DID welcome you in.
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

Erd wrote:I'm afraid of what would happen if I DID welcome you in.
Perhaps one would be more approachable to hear grievances if one was made welcome, then accused of doing things they know naught about right off the bat.

Be that as it may, Erd.
Welcome to the Pantheon of Narie.
I, for one, look forward to getting to know you.
...if not hearing of any possible grievances you may have.
Love is the answer
Love is the answer