Aesir: Game Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

The air kissed my skin as I passed through the cloud. Dew soaked my leather pants, and for a moment, the world was fog and stillness. Then I was born again into the glorious sunlight. I never thought the sun could be so large. Great-Fire gently rubbed warmth and energy into my chest and shoulders, flexing as I adjusted my wings to soar up the thermal.

I had lain in the darkness for many minutes after waking, moving my strange new muscles. They were huge, well over a ten foot wingspan, and it took many hours of practice to even get used to standing. Before long my fellow Scouts and I were jumping off of large hilltops and soaring for hours in the endless blue sky. It was like swimming in an ocean, bathing in the warmth of the sun. We were very clumsy at first. We fell, and twisted our muscles, and were tired all the time. But we got better. We got much butter. I alone, can now fly for three days without stop. On her mad dash to return with important news, Blessunu nearly killed herself flying top speed for an entire week. I thought my heart would burst with pride upon her return.

I whistled a few notes, and Thistle flew over to me. "Ask Blessunu when she'll be ready to leave, please. And grab Sapphire on your way back." She chirped back. "We'll meet at the southern fields?" I nodded, and she flew off. Part of our gift of wings came with the new hypnotic ability to speak with birds. When we chirped, cawed and whistled, they felt nothing but feelings of our love and friendship. This made working with eagles and falcons much safer, especially for our fingers and eyes. My vocabulary had improved greatly with Thistles help. She had been patient, although very confused most of the time, when I had first set out to find my flock-mates.

She had landed on a nearby branch one morning, after I had flown for the first time, and struck up a conversation. "You going to finish that toast? Thouht you did alright yesterday. But your balance was way off." Afterwords, she had given me flying tips and the names of other local birds to recruit, and my flock was formed quickly. Sapphire the peregrine falcon, Cottonwood the snowy owl, Thistle, Blackberry and Rosehips were all songbirds. Douglas was a carrier pigeon, and Windpiper a harrier. Together they had traveled further than any of their clan-mates, and had seen great and terrible things.

And I'm sure this is only the beginning.

Zuzu stood, and with a snap of wings like a cracking tree branch, he took to the skies.
Last edited by Cobalt on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
“A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.”
Tepes
Woodhelvennin

Post by Tepes »

The First Truth of Lucien Lachance

Monk Arjuna continued his arduous hike up the mountain peak, weaving between freshly-dug graves and other prayer-offers to Tepes - telltale signs of the presence of one of the Blessed. Arjuna hoped desperately that this was the Blessed he had braved the mountains looking for, and that he was not too late. Sending a prayer to Tepes, with fingers crossed and determination in his heart, Arjuna took the last few steps to the mountain summit.

Awaiting him was a lone figure perched on a rock, lost in meditation as the wind and snow blew forcefully around him. Arjuna’s beating heart leapt with joy, for this was Lucien Lachance the Tathagata; the one who has come and the one who has gone. Arjuna ran to the base of the rock and fell to his knees.

“Oh Tathagata, praise Tepes I have found you at last! I have traveled far, renouncing the trappings of Cathedral life so that I may attain the impossible. The teachings of the Cathedral are but echoes and their rituals hollow, for they reveal nothing to me of the workings of the universe, of the Path. Instruct me, Tathagata, in that which I desire most – the Truth!”

Lucien Lachance opened his eyes, their color that of the darkest night, and turning his gaze on the monk kneeling in front of him, he let these words fall from his lips:

“Monk Arjuna, you and all other creatures have walked this Path through infinite lives, deaths, and rebirths. No closer are you to the end, and lost in the mists of time is the beginning. All souls in this world are lost and alone in the middle of this Path, this universe, Arjuna; lost in Infinity. In futility they seek the end; in futility they mourn the beginning. With these words, shall you endeavor to escape? O monk, tell me - what have you learned of my teachings?”

Arjuna searched within himself, recalling his studies and bringing them to the surface of his mind.

“Tathagata, I’ve spent much time studying and reflecting on your three Truths - those of suffering, dichotomy, and transcendence. Please, I would hear of them from you directly if I am to rid myself of ignorance.”

Arjuna sat at the base of the rock, looking up at the Tathagata in wait of his words.

Lucien spoke:

“Very good, let us begin with the Truth of suffering. Arjuna, no mortal who is born is free from aging and death. Even those affluent kings – abundant with great wealth and property –because they have been born, are not free from aging and death. Even those holy men, mystics, and seekers of Truth – abundant with knowledge and wisdom –because they have been born, are not free from aging and death. The Truth of suffering is that it is inevitable, and Infinite, for after death you will be reborn to a new body, a new suffering. For what is the dual root of suffering, Arjuna? It is the body and mind, pain and ignorance. For if there was no body, what cause for suffering would the soul endure? If there was no mind, how could the soul remain ignorant or confused? Yet inescapably there is, and will forever be. This Arjuna is my First Truth – the inescapable universality of aging and death, sorrow, lamentation, pain, dejection, and despair. The Truth of Suffering.”

Thus Spoke Lucien Lachance
"The masses of Narie believe God to be dead. Could it then be possible! These fools in their villages have not yet heard of it, that God is undead!"

Thus Spoke Lucien Lachance.
Tepes
Woodhelvennin

Post by Tepes »

Uruk, God of Animals: It would appear that we have had similar ambitions, unfortunately your winged disciple is too late. A cult of Tepes is already flourishing on the old island of Cenasaur, and is rather delicate in its early stages. I request that you respect the seclusion of my followers here, and ask the winged one to leave at once.

The other one, in Neus, he is welcome for as long as he would care to stay.
"The masses of Narie believe God to be dead. Could it then be possible! These fools in their villages have not yet heard of it, that God is undead!"

Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

Tepes wrote:Uruk, God of Animals: It would appear that we have had similar ambitions, unfortunately your winged disciple is too late. A cult of Tepes is already flourishing on the old island of Cenasaur, and is rather delicate in its early stages. I request that you respect the seclusion of my followers here, and ask the winged one to leave at once.
Ditanu was sent to explore and learn.
I respect your followers on the Island, but not your exclusive claim to it.
I, as much as you, belong here.
Ditanu will speak with your cultists as well as the old worshipers of Ceanusar.
Tepes wrote:The other one, in Neus, he is welcome for as long as he would care to stay.
Etirum will move on and continue his exploration shortly, I imagine.
“A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.”
Tepes
Woodhelvennin

Post by Tepes »

As long as Ditanu refrains from tempting converts, I assume we'll have no difficulties.

Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

Tepes wrote:As long as Ditanu refrains from tempting converts, I assume we'll have no difficulties.
Ditanu listens to questions and speaks answers.
The conversion of others is of their own free will.
Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

Dear Uruk, Blessunu was a welcome visitor to my lands even though she spoke just to one of my seargent Journeymen , he spoke highly of his meeting with her and shear wonder at her beauty and majesty.
She is welcome to travel to the home village of Candlar where my prophet Critz resides , he looks forward to the meeting of our peoples and will be more than willing to offer his hospitality to Blessunu and discuss matters that might be of benefit to both our peoples.
Regards your brother Alcifer .
Lliannon Aine
Stonedownor

Post by Lliannon Aine »

Brother UrUk, my son, Eharderenian makes his way to your lands. He calls himself "Nerren" when he walks the world. I hope he is well received by your people. He is of his own being, and is not my voice, yet he is most favored and I have blessed him. He is in some ways a child, and in other ways as old as the long ages past. Yet, his dreams are free of nightmare, and he is incapable of harm.

Will you grant him entrance?
Abandon thought and let the dream descend
Agapé
Ramen
Location: I'm so lovable, the doctors gave me a special white jacket so I can hug myself!

Post by Agapé »

The seas were restless tonight, while overhead storm clouds gathered, dark and forbidding. As he looked out over the rail towards the east, the shaman Grogellan gazed upon the buildings and lights of Neus as they sailed by. Captain Maidir of The Ardent Endeavour had considered docking in Neus as the clouds darkened, but he and his wife, Captain Evelene of The Passionate Striving, debated stopping their explorations south for the night. Evelene reminded her husband of the warning received seasons ago regarding proselytizing in the mountain range of Mekoth, and since many of their ships’ passengers were aboard for that purpose, they decided to continue on.

The Endeavour and the Striving were but one pair of the longboats which had set out from the delta. Their mission was to sail south along the western coast of Mekoth; discovering new lands and new people, searching for new areas in which to settle, and spreading the Love of Agapé. The other pairs had similar missions, but had sailed to ports unknown. Narie was vast; far more vast than Grogellan had ever imagined. He hoped they would make landfall soon, so he could replenish his herbs and stores.

The northern rim of the mountain range was as far south as Agapé’s people had explored thus far, and as the ships sailed past Neus, Grogellan went to the bow of the Endeavour and gazed into the unknown, smiling as he saw his mate and fellow healer, Beterli, come on to the bow of the Striving at the same time. Since Agapé’s coming to the delta, acceptance of their mystical love for each other has grown, and the two men were honored to be selected as the healers for this pair of ships.

When the storm hit, and the waves made staying above board dangerous for a woodsman such as he, Grogellan tossed a small salute across the sea to Beterli and headed below decks to his small cabin in the attempt to sleep until daybreak.

The skies were pink and purple as the sun cleared the horizon into clear skies, the storm having spent itself in the wee hours of the morning. Grogellan once again looked out over the bow of the ship, when he heard the piercing whistle of the lookout. Looking to the east, a village was coming in to sight. With the sighting being made, a buzzing among the crew was heard. The village had docks, and amazingly, similar ships!

As the ships approached the unknown harbor, Captain Maidir furled sail and had the oarsmen come to rest. Shading his eyes he looked towards the unknown village, hoping to see a canoe or even one of the ships at dock come towards them to guide them safely into a berth…
Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

And when you feel afraid, love one another
When you've lost your way, love one another
When you're all alone, love one another
When you're far from home, love one another
When you're down and out, love one another
All your hopes run out, love one another
When you need a friend, love one another
When you're near the end, love one another
We got to love one another
Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Post by Serloth Lorekeeper »

All across the northern half of Mekoth, the ScrollSworn, those dedicated to Knowledge, travel. Seekers of truth, they carry word of Serloth, the Lorekeeper, He Who Is Wisdom. They bear Knowledge. To farmers, they teach how to tell what manner of crop will grow best, what soils, when to change planting lest they exhaust the soil. Better ways to build homes, better things to build with, this they share, freely, joyfully. For knowledge is an endless road, as you walk it, you see how much more there is yet to see. All of the Gods of Narie are part of the lessons, from the radiant Lady of Love to the enigmatic Goddess of Dreams to the dark God of Undeath. Many people fear the horrific vampires, favored children of Tepes. The ScrollSworn teach of vampires, how to protect yourself, your home, from their depredations. And where small-minded folk seek to persecute those rare few who choose to worship dark Tepes, there the ScrollSworn stand firm. For if they choose to worship Him, then that is their choice, freely made. To seek to abrogate free will is anathema to those who worship the Lorekeeper. But vampires are not human worshippers. They have turned their back on the greatest mystery, chosen ignorance over knowledge, in not passing from this world in their time.

Where disaster strikes, the ScrollSworn are there. Floods, tornadoes, fires...ScrollSworn bear warnings, and many lives are saved by their timely aid. And now, a wonder indeed...Roads. Long, flat rocks cunning laid, forming solid walkways for feet, for wagons, begin to stretch from town to town where the Lorekeeper holds sway. Many indeed are the glories He Who Is Wisdom has brought to His people.
Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

Alof walked briskly through the wet clay streets of Cron a small bit aggitated due to the fact he had dirtied his lower tunic due to the mud on the streets , even though the villagers had tried to start building better roads in the village but with no success, well that would have to wait for another day , more urgent matters proceded the day to day running of the village and it had the residents of the village in a stir as 2 longboats now sailed towards the village of Cron and their colours are unknown.

Its down to Alof the head Journeyman in Cron to decide how to deal with these new visitors . And with all the newcomers from Nues there has been alot of tension in the air among the villagers.

As he walks through the village towards the jetty there is alot of activity among the villagers , many are unsure of the visitors and slightly scared of the possible treat as many of the inhabitants have come fleeing the problems in Nues and there fears must be dealt with soon . Alof wishes that the prophet was here to advise him but at present he must deal with the visitors alone , but he tells himself that word must be sent to the prophet as soon as possible as the situation here in Cron is becoming tricky.

Finally he reaches the jetty and it appear the ships have dropped anchor but appear not to be offering any treat , Alof turns to his Sargent Talinn , the leader of a 200 strong armed force in Cron and asks for his opinion on what should be done and Sergent Talinn advices him that he will personally send a small group in a smallboat and make contact with the visitors and see what there intent is sailing to the shores of Cron.
He will then advice Alof of their intentions, Alof decides to let the sargent continue as he has been instucted by the prophet of Alcifer to welcome any newcomers if they offer no hostility to the peoples of Cron.

As Talinn procedes in the smallboat with 3 private guards out into the harbour towards the anchored ships , all Alof can do is wait on the outcome and hope that he hasn,t made a mistake greeting the new arrivals....
Agapé
Ramen
Location: I'm so lovable, the doctors gave me a special white jacket so I can hug myself!

Post by Agapé »

Along with everyone else on the Endeavor, Grogellan watched a small boat leave the docks and head towards their position. Behind him, he heard the splashing of the transport boat used by Captain Evelene to cross over from the Striving to consult with her husband. So the welcoming party would be greeted by both Captains. Grogellan approved.

As he watched the small boat from shore come nearer and saw the rope ladder tossed over the side to ease the ascent to board ship for those approaching, he suddenly heard the voice of Captain Maidir at his side. "Berterli accompanies my wife, along with Master Sebel. We ask you and Berterli both represent the Council of Agapé, as Master Sebel and his wife Master Elohima will represent the Order in the forthcoming negotiations. It appears our hosts are sending militia out to meet us."

Grogellan's lips twitch at this. "Fear not, Captain. The Council's decision regarding whether to have a militia is sound for those who follow Agapé. Love will find a way. She always does."
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

Sergent Talinn watched as a rope ladder was dropped by the crew of the ship Endeavour as it appeared to be called , he turns to his men as says " I will go up the rope ladder and one of you boys can join me the rest of you stay with the boat and have your crossbows ready just in case you see things going wrong up there , mind you they look a colourfull lot up on deck and they appear to have no militia guarding them , they must be a brave lot travelling these waters without protection , right lets get this over with"

Sergent Talinn shouts up to the deck to ask to come aboard and gets the all clear to accend, he grabs the rope and slowly makes his way to the deck of the longboat closely followed by one of his guards , he is greeted and given a hand on to the deck .

He opens the dialogue " Greetings and welcome to our humble port village of Cron , my name is sergent Talinn and I have been sent by our head journeyman Alof , he wishes to welcome you all to our shores and wishes to know what service would you require of us?
He would also wish to apologise for being greeted by his militia , but there is strange happenings up north in Nues and many of the folk in this villages are refugees from there and hence we are very wary of visitors , but he is willing to speak to your representitives if you are happy to do so"
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

The journeyman watches as a short wiry man and a woman of similar build step forward, each adorned with a small pearl. "Welcome aboard The Ardent Endeavor," the man says with a slight bow. "I am her Captain, Maidir. The other ship is The Passionate Striving. She is captained by my wife here, Evelene.

"We are representatives of the followers of Agapé, the G-ddess of Love. With us are two of our Council members, Grogellan and Berterli, who tend our ill on each of the ships. The other two are Masters Sebel and Elohima, representing Agapé's Order of Harmonic Adoration, who fill our nights with the splendor of their music to break the sometimes tedious boredom that accompanies long travel. We greet you in the spirit of Brotherly Love." As he speaks, a palpable aura of Love exudes from the group.

"Our mission, which was given to us by Love's prophet Leandrea back in Ahava to the north, is to explore Narie, making Agapé's name known throughout. We also carry settlers with us, searching for new lands. They have been instructed to only settle unclaimed lands, so you have nothing to fear from them.

"We understand your caution regarding Neus, and take no offense at being greeted by militia. We assure you we have no military interest here. You say yon port village is "Cron?" We can not answer completely what service we may request of you, if any, as everything south of the great mountain range of Mekoth is a new adventure for us and we know not what your specialty may be. For now, we merely request berths for our ships; welcome for us, our crews, and passengers within Cron along with possible quarters for the mated couples of the two ships to become reacquainted with each other," said with a darting glance towards Evelene, "and perhaps counsel on what is known of southern Mekoth. Other possibilities will present themselves as we learn about each others people, no? In exchange, perhaps Masters Sebel and Elohima will arrange a concert in a few days by those of our passengers and crew who are musically inclined to show our gratitude for your hospitality.

"Is this acceptable to you?
May we, our passengers and crew, enter Cron?"
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

Well taught sargent Talinn to himself what strange folk these be with there talk of love and such , as an army man there be little need of it of that sort of thing but he did feel a strange aura come from some of them and it put him at ease a bit even though he couldn,t work out from whom and they seemed to be at peace with the world and each other and some of them had an expensive looking pearl adorned around their necks , strange folk indeed.He would inform Alof that there be no treat from these people .
There offer of music be very tempting as there not be many musicians around here.

"Well I can,t seem to find any problems with you coming ashore at all, our dwellings are humble but we will offer our kindness to you all, but your offer of music sounds very pleasing , it be grand to have some music back in the village "
I shall send word to my master Alof and he will meet with you all when you have rested and settled in, make yourselves at home first"

With that he made his goodbyes joined the men on the smallboat and rowed back to shore to tell Alof of the visitors.
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

As Evelene, Berterli, and Sebel realized their opportunity to row back to the Striving was past, Evelene signaled her crew across the gap between the two ships to weigh anchor and follow the Endeavor in to port. Maidir also had the Endeavor weigh anchor, and followed as closely as he could after the small boat, maneuvering the ship into the first empty berth he sees. The Striving took another empty berth; both ships cast lines and watch as the longshoremen of Cron secure the vessels to the docks. Once secure, gangplanks are lowered from each vessel, enabling Captains, crew and passengers to disembark in to the unknown.
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

The lines were being cast off from the docks in Frahggelruk as the oarsmen of the river running supply ship, The Enduring Antiphon, readied their position. The Drummer struck his first beat, causing the oars to rise as one, waiting the next beat to splash in to the river. "Ahoy!" a voice hollered along the pier, "hold but a moment!"

Captain Jamson nodded to Thea, his wife and First Mate, who rushed down to the Drummer. At her entrance, he checked his next down beat and the oarsmen relaxed. Thea whistled shrilly back up to Jamson, who had the lines tossed back to the docks and the gangplank lowered. His brows rose as he saw a group of the Lorekeeper's followers packed for travel approach the ship, accompanied by several of the Scrollsworn. This should be interesting, he thought to himself as a spokesman accompanied by two of the Scrollsworn stood upon the gangplank and requested permission to board.

"Permission granted."
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

The salt water lapped against the smallboat and stirred it from side to side as they approached the jetty ,Sergent Talinn mind was all over the place , usually he was focused on what he had to do but after meeting the followers of Agape and their strange aura he was a little confused to say the least. But he was woken from his stupor by a shout behind him.

"Sir the longboats are following us in to port"

Talinn: " You what , by God what kinda fool am I not to guide them in properly , Alof will have my neck for this"

Talinn looked behind him and saw both longboats follow behind them,he turned towards the shore to see Alof standing on the jetty shouting instructions to the port crew who started preparing for the ships docking .

Talinn:" Well at least they have their wits about them "

Private: "Sir do you reckon these people will help us against the vampires?"

Talinn : "I dont know private, but have you seen a vampire yet?, I see no treat from them so why do we need help against them, private you are in more danger from the sheep on the hill with the way you use that sword"

The other men on the boat laugh but with a swift dangerous look from their sergent they shut up.
They pulled up to the jetty and disembarked from the boat, Alof came swiftly to their side, he wore his brown cape as always which covered his brown head of hair but his beard was typical of his order , but Talinn reckoned it,ll turn white when he meets the visitors.

Alof: Sergent I take it all went well with the visitors seeing as they are approaching the jetty?"

Talinn: " Oh yes sir alls well , but beware they say they are followers of the God Agape , the God of love or something like that and seem to have a strange aura about them, but they have no militia present with them so I deem them of no treat to us"

Alof: " Very well then sergent you will stay by my side as they disembark from their ships "

Talinn :" Aye Sir I will do that ,Oh I offered them the hospitality of our village as they wish to stay for a few days if that be ok with you"

Alof:" Well you cant take it back now " and he laughed at the discomfort on Talinn face
Alof:" Easy sergent remain calm and we will properly welcome our visitors , send your men away for the moment , and we see what we can do for our guests"
Talinn:" Something else they mentioned but I was unsure I heard it correctly but it appears they have healers with them"

Alof:" Well it appears this could be a very interesting meeting indeed Talinn , don,t you reckon". As he winked at the sergent .
The sergent growled back not sharing the same confidence that the Journeyman seemed to have .
Agapé
Ramen

Post by Agapé »

The passengers on the two longboats anxious to be onshore again gathered their belongings and assembled near the masts. Sebel and Elohima gathered a few of their more advanced students to them, and grouped them to lead the assembled across the gangplank from the Endeavor. Striking up a jaunty jig, the passengers of the Endeavor disembarked, leaving behind the two captains and a skeleton crew on board.

When all aboard the Endeavor were ashore, the small group of musicians assembled at the gangplank of the Striving and serenaded the disembarking of her passengers. The music stilled any fear within the party, and buoyed their sense of adventure. The two groups mingled together, family members embracing and smiling at each other in high spirits. Dismissing their impromptu group, Sebel and Elohima found Grogellan and Berterli. Together they approached Sergeant Talinn and the auburn haired man with him, brown cape billowing in the breeze coming off the sea. Elohima stepped forward and bowed. "We are grateful for your offer of hospitality, and await your instructions on how to proceed in your lands. May we disburse on our own and explore your village and lands? Or is there a customs house where we each should make ourselves known to you first?"
Love is the answer
Love is the answer

Serloth Lorekeeper
Stonedownor

Post by Serloth Lorekeeper »

A man of Serloth's people steps forward, executing a strange bow....left fingers tap over heart, right fingers tap forehead, then all fingertips come to lips, then arms spread wide as he bows. He has a strange insignia upon his tunic, some manner of esoteric tools, they seem. "I am Master Artificer Nkol Aytzla, please simply call me Nkol. We are here to share the Knowledge He Who Is Wisdom has graced us with, as token of good faith and friendship. This is Jee Dai Nhyt, he leads the ScrollSworn who accompany us."

Return to “Aesir & Vanir”