The Gap Into Spam

Wood and Ramen

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

K. This hit me right away, among a million other things, so:

Did the Ramen always burn the wood?

Know what I'm getting at?
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

They burned dead wood.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

dlbpharmd wrote:They burned dead wood.
Rubbish. Threre's no way there would be enough dead wood around for them to cook all there meals...unless their veg-e-tar-yans...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

I would respectfully suggest that....yes, the Ramen have always burned wood. They possessed "horse-lore", NOT "wood-lore". That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...!
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:
Rubbish. Threre's no way there would be enough dead wood around for them to cook all there meals...unless their veg-e-tar-yans...
They weren't vegetarians, and the Plains would've had enough wood sources, not to mention the mountains on the southern edge of the Plains.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Given the environmental themes of the Chrons, perhaps they DID burn rubbish.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

..wonders what freshly grilled Ranynyn tastes like..... 8O
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Would it be like the Power of Command on a smaller scale?
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Simanent
Woodhelvennin

Post by Simanent »

rdhopeca wrote:
Given the environmental themes of the Chrons, perhaps they DID burn rubbish.
Dried horse dung probably burns. Native Americans burned dried buffallo dung didn't they?
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

I've always wondered what cooking over burning dung did to the taste of the food cooked there.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:Rubbish. Threre's no way there would be enough dead wood around for them to cook all there meals...
Evidently there was/is by definition. And the definition is that this was how the author wrote it. :biggrin:
SerScot wrote:I've always wondered what cooking over burning dung did to the taste of the food cooked there.
I suspect that the silver lining would be that it would keep the "armchair quarterbacks" away from the cook. :)
... nobody I know.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

spoonchicken wrote:..wonders what freshly grilled Ranynyn tastes like..... 8O
Chicken. With or without a spoon.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

spoonchicken wrote:I would respectfully suggest that....yes, the Ramen have always burned wood. They possessed "horse-lore", NOT "wood-lore". That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...!
Don't know about wood burning ramen but I believe it's more of horse-sense than horse-lore. :P

Which brings up a nagging question.

What feat did the Ranayan do, to achieve a group of people to give up their current lifestyle and bind generation after generation of their decendences to a life of servitude to a group of horses?
I mean if you look at the way they venerate the horses, it looks more like a religion.

I'm sure that a little soft shoe footwork and a "Shuffle Off to Buffalo" wouldn't have convinced them.

And as far as burning horsedung. It sure would take the fastest of Manethralls to keep pace with the horses with a pooper-scooper.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

I don't think there was any 'event' that inspired the Ramen devotion.

It's simply the beauty, power, and overall awesomeness embodied by the Ranyhyn. They are beings of true Earthpower and for the Ramen, that is enough.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

There may not have been an event, but the Ranyhyn could have become receptive to the idea after Khelenbrabanal, and so allowed it to be.
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

When there was nothing else, they ate the Top Ramen.
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”