Darkwood--The first shadow.....

Moderator: Seven Words

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik awaits the ghouls final approach, longsword weaving patterns in front of him in the air.

Laurel's song bolsters everyone's spirits as the ghouls close

Beauregard flings a dart...however, an unexpected cough spoils his aim, sending his cast into Skyseeker's back! (3 points)

Skyseeker ignores the unexpected pain, and hurls an axe. Empowered by the magical song, it sinks deeply into the nearest ghouls gut, haft barely visible. ( 5 points)

Vynarkus merely points at the wounded enemy, and a mystical bolt lances outward, engulfing the hapless ghoul, its light pulsing briefly in tune with the music. As the flash fades, the blasted creature drops to the ground. (7 points)
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

[ooc]I can't really think of anything beyond, "same thing as last round."[/ooc]
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Continuing to sing, Laurel moves 15 feet to just north of the pale human. As her arrow flies 25' towards the ghoul directly east of her, she insures her comrades hear her song...
Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive...
...then notches another arrow.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

Muffling the cough with his arm, Beauregard apologizes to Skyseeker. "I rarely throw these things in anger," he mentions by way of additional explanation.
Then readies another, more carefuly and prepares to throw. (if he thinks there will be one up to him, he will instead ready his spear before him)...
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Beauregard 's aim is improved....but not enough to strike the slavering ghoul.

From behind the wreckage of the caravan, a new figure joins the fray, quickly closing on the ghouls. However, this person's attacks find naught save air.

Skyseeker flings her axe, the flashing blade sinking deep into the chest of an approaching undead, but not deterring it in the slightest. (4 points)

Laurel sinks an arrow deep into the northernmost ghoul menacing Marrik ( 8 points)

Marrik swings at the wounded one..but misses.

Three ghouls snap hungrily at Marrik, but only one manages to bite him (3 points) He does manage to resist the dreaded paralytic effect of their mere touch.

Vynarkus unleashes another blast, this one onto the already-wounded ghoul, searing it ( 6 points)

Two ghouls snap at Skyseeker, and both connect, one's maw gouging out a gaping mouthful of flesh, the other merely snatching a small piece of thigh. (5 points and 2 points). The elf falls to the ground from her wounds.

The enemies facing the newcomer are unable to strike him to any effect, it seems.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

The young man scrambles from where he'd almost fallen in his attack. These things reek, once you get close up, and the smell startled him. Luckily, his stumbles also made it harder for them to hit him. He'll need to be more careful.

He quickly backs away from the two beasts [AoO here] [move two squares south, one square southwest], and then suddenly sprints straight at the larger one, shouting with all his might [three squares north].

If you pay close attention, there is an air of fear and desperation in the shout. This is clearly more than he'd expected to be facing.
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

<edit post>
As Skyseeker drops, Beauregard's heart leaps to his throat. Fear grips him. Not so much that ghouls will soon be ripping at his flesh, but that he had a part in injuring the woman.
Steeling his determination and gritting his teeth, He lets out a yell and leaps towards the ghouls near the fallen woman. His spear thrusts ans sweeps in a chaotic manner, stabbing, hitting, anything to ge tthe ghouls away from Skyseeker...!
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik calls upon Missaryi, channeling the power of her Light into his strike...his blade cuts a searing path through the body of the center ghoul, divine power fueling the strike, cutting the creature in half, killing it. (14 points)

Beauregard assumes a protective stance over the fallen elf-lady, spear thrusting forward to spit a ghoul, but missing.

As the newcomer backs away, the creatures facing him try and seize the opportunity to strike, but they miss. His fierce charge once again fails to land any blows upon his foe.

The bard's next arrow speeds home, piercing the head of the already-wounded ghoul, killing it. (8 points)

The foe Led charged lashes out with both claws as well as biting with its hideous maw, yet is unable to find the elusive man. The ghoul, however, moves to the side and does manage to chomp on him. (5 points) Luckily, he is hardy enough to resist the effects of the creatures touch.

The lone ghoul facing the paladin manages to claw him (2 points) But, through Missaryi's grace, he is able to resist the horrific paralytic effect of the undead's touch.

The ghouls, having tasted elf, now seek some halfling, but are denied....Beauregard manages to barely dodge the vicious series of claws and bites.

Vynarkus again gestures, and again a brief blaze of eldritch power strikes a ghoul. The already wounded one collapses in a smoldering heap. (5 points)
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

Sweat dripping from his brow and his breath laboured, Beauregard continues to lash out at the remaining ghoul.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Screaming in pain, Led backs away [three squares south] from the ghouls, clutching his wounded shoulder, fear creeping into his eyes. But soon, the fear hardens into anger and then determination; his scream of pain never stops, but somehow changes into a battle cry, as he again charges the larger ghoul. [three squares north, same attack as before]

"This time, it'll work. It has to, or I'm dead." he thinks.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Continuing to sing...
Risin' up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive...
...Laurel moves south two squares, back pressed close to the ridge and targets the ghoul just southeast of Marrik. She again lets the bowstring sing as an arrow wings its way towards the foul Undead, then notches another arrow and looks around, assessing where next she may be of help if the ghoul near Marrik falls. Perhaps the ghoul threatening the elf and halfling, if the pale human heads for the two near the stranger...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus again aims for whichever ghoul is most injured, between the one fighting Marrik and the one attacking the elf and halfling.

If both fall before his turn, he...
[ooc]Is it possible to fire Eldritch Blast on a charge? Because otherwise I can't reach the ones near the newcomer.[/ooc]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik slashes the last beast before him, wounding it deeply, but not slaying it (8 points)

Beauregard's frenzied thrusts manage to connect ( 7 points)

Led Pighp manages to avoid the quick reflexive snapping of the horrors, before he dashes forward again, both hands lashing out, this time striking the damned monstrosity! (4 points and 6 points)

Laurel sends a shaft straight and true, into the head of the opponent of Marrik, sending it to it's eternal rest. (5 points)

The beasts in front of Led lash out in a whirl of fangs and claws, yet fail to actually strike him.

The ghoul is enraged by Beauregard's stab, and launches a rapid series of gouges and bites....one claw finally scoring a bloody track down the halflings arm (1 point) The halfling is paralyzed!

Vynarkus fires off another blast, this one incinerating the head of the one just starting to gloat over the helplessness of Beauregard,erasing it's expression of glee along with its existence.(6points) As this foe is dispatched, the warlock quickly moves to position himself to help Led, heading to the east.
Last edited by Seven Words on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Same as before, move 3 south, charge 3 north.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

[ooc]...woulda sworn I already posted this...
*subject to editing, based on Marrik's move. I will not shoot if Marrik or Led block a clear shot!*[/ooc]

Continuing to sing...
Violence, when will they learn
Times running out and the tables will turn
The days have been numbered and your number's comin' up

Senseless, when will they learn
Times running out and the tables will turn
The days have been numbered and your number's comin' up
Laurel moves back north 10 feet and then east 20 feet. Taking aim on the ghoul directly in front of the stranger, her bow string again twangs as she lets her arrow fly.

Then reaching back for yet another arrow from her quiver, she notches and takes aim...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik dashes off, closing rapidly on the last two enemies.

Led slips back, but is not elusive enough, as the larger creature, outraged at his previous attacks, ferociously bites down (10 points. He again manages to resist the cursed touch which has laid low Beauregard. However, his charge is again fruitful, hands flashing, the creatures flesh rending (8 points and 7 points)

Laurel's arrow again flies home (6 points The wretched creature slumps to the ground, hissing in impotent rage to the last.

The final ghoul again tears at Led, but yet again fails to score upon him.

Vynarkus unleashes his fearsome blast once more, searing the ghoul! (6 points)
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Continuing to sing, but shifting her tune to warn the others off from blocking her line of sight...
Get back!
Get back!
Get back to where you once belong
Laurel moves 30' feet east straight towards the last ghoul, then lets the notched arrow fly straight towards said ghoul and notches yet another arrow...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Depending on where Marrik is, if I can do a 5 foot step to gain flanking, do so. Otherwise, just do a full attack on the remaining ghoul.

"Thank the Gods. I may just survive this after all."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik comes from behind the tree, and swings mightily, his blade finishing what Vynarkus' blast had started. The last ghoul is defeated! (7 points)

Marrik proceeds to Skyseeker, invoking Missaryi's gifts to heal the fallen elf. (heal 8 points)

*ooc--congratulations, everyone is level 2. Update character sheets, adn tell me where skill points go...I will PM with HP.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

/ooc - Walk back to where I dropped my bags, pick them up, and put them back on. Walk back over to where the party is healing up the elf / halfling. Keeping hands up and visible, being overly clear to demonstrate that I'm not armed.

/ooc - Anyone familiar with the customs of the Heshic nomads would see that this is the "stranger approaching a new tribe" protocol, only done on foot instead of from horseback.

"Well met, strangers. I am Led Pighp, Bearer of Words on the Heshic plains, and I am in your debt for slaying those two. I thought I could take them alone, but clearly I need more practice."

You see before you a young human man, wearing travelling clothes, with a backpack and a shoulder bag. Except for a dagger at his belt, he seems to be unarmed. He has on a white (it was originally white, before he started travelling on foot, anyway) robe with light blue trim. There is a symbol of Serloth around his neck. The shoulder bag matches these colors, and has a second symbol of Serloth embroidered on the side of it.

/Pronounciation Guide: Led Pighp is pronounced "lead pipe"

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”