Darkwood--The first shadow.....

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I'll be hauling bodies during first watch, but would be happy to take second watch when I'm done."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik puts the potions safely away, and goes from corpse to corpse, even those of the ghouls, and mutters a brief benediction, that Missaryi's Light might guide them on the true path to the throne of the Final Judge. Over the ghouls and ghast, he asks that her radiance burn the taint of undeath from them, that so purified they might stand before She Who Waits For All.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

"I will take first Watch then," the bard replies as she positions her short bow in to quick draw load and makes her way up the ridge to see if that was the most advantageous site for her. Having a clear view of both camp and pyre, she settled in to watch over the proceedings for the next several hours...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

/ooc--OK, spare time for RP....later I'll simply put us ahead to morning....unless there's been a recent flurry of posts, figure we'll get to morning around 2:30 or 3...if there's activity between you folks, I'll let it roll, just chiming in form Marrik and Sky where appropriate.

Oh, i'm on central US time...so, editing to add this at about 1:10.
Last edited by Seven Words on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

/ooc pale pink shifter needs heals badly. Will wait for mornings, unless somebody gets mauled.
Geek the mage, first.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Moving things ahead: after I'm done putting the dead into the fire, I'll head up to the ridge to relieve Laurel on watch.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Her watch having passed quietly, the bard looks up at Led and smiles. "All seems quiet for now. Yet I am still a bit restless. Would it disturb your watch if I get my harp and come sit with you to sing a calming lullabye from here for all to listen to? Perhaps it will settle my own nerves, and sooth those below to sleep as well..."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Company is always welcome, Lady. And distraction from this wound even moreso."
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Laurel bows slightly, then makes her way down the ridge to Hardy, shifting through the saddle bags (and assuming Beauregard had gotten himself down and over to camp on his own!) until she comes across her instrument. Withdrawing a well wrapped, small gaelic-style harp, she makes her way back up the ridge and positions herself next to Led, overlooking the camp and the rest of the party below.

"May I sing a song to bring peace to the night?" she calls down to the party, testing the acoustics of her location. The party looks up towards her, and by their nods she is certain all will hear.

Positioning her fingers over the harp's strings, she begins plucking the notes of the song, embellishing with a chord here and a flourish there...
Hush now don't cry
Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
You're lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
So here it is, another chance
Wide awake you face the day
Your dream is over...or has it just begun?

There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run to in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize it and you were scared
Its a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the tears
And ride the whims of your mind
Commanding in another world
Suddenly, you hear and see
This magic new dimension

I-will be watching over you
I-am gonna help you see it through
I-will protect you in the night
I-am smiling next to you...in silent lucidity

If you open your mind for me
You won't rely on open eyes to see
The walls you built within
Come tumbling down, and a new world will begin
Living twice at once you learn
You're safe from pain in the dream domain
A soul set free to fly
A round trip journey in your head
Master of illusion, can you realize
Your dreams alive, you can be the guide but...

I-will be watching over you
I-am gonna help you see it through
I-will protect you in the night
I-am smiling next to you...in silent lucidity
The song finished and the final chord diminishing into the night, Laurel turns to Led with a smile and gently reaches out to share the moment with him. A golden glow spreads from her lightly touching fingers to envelop him, as she casts the first of her newly acquired spells upon her injured new friend in the hopes of helping him heal...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

/ooc Oh yeah. Bards get access to Cure spells. Awesome!
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

yup...Heal 12 points.

Everyone else, will heal over night for 4 points due to the Healing Hymn.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led wakes up, feeling much better. Cheery, almost. He does some calisthetics, to test that the leg and arm are working properly. He'll go over to the remains of the pyre, to make sure that all the corpses are finished. Scout for any edible plants / small rodents in the area [survival check for foraging] for breakfast, sharing with the group.

Once Laurel is awake, "Many thanks, Lady. I feel well enough to go slay some orcs. Breakfast?"
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

"You are welcome, friend Led. But I am unsure of what you are thanking me for. I wished to settle myself after we came across the dead and Undead yesterday, so decided a song I learned recently which I found soothing would be appreciated by all. I am glad to see it was as effective as it was to everyone's rest. And I was pleased in my own performance of a new song, so reached out to you to share that moment. The golden glow and healing of your wounds was something unexpected from that. As it was happening, I felt that it was the most natural thing in the world. But once it faded, it was as if it had never been, and that it was irretrievable," she sighed looking down towards the ground as she remembered.

Then looking back up with joy in her face she continued, "However, after a good night's sleep, and I slept just as well as we all did, not only do I feel the same lurking in the back of my head only awaiting my desire to let it free, but there is another as well. I thank you for bringing these new abilities to my awareness."

Then she blushes, and looks back down again.

"I know not who this "Lady" is you refer to as you address me, though. I am but a young woman from Ventarii, as I told you before, traveling in search of songs and tales I have not heard before. Please," and she lays her hand lightly upon his forearm, "Laurel will do."

Then stretching as her not so lithe form fills out her slightly stained tunic and trousers unawares, she continues," Breakfast would be welcome indeed. I feel as though I had no dinner last night!" Then her gaze turns slightly skeptical as she beholds what Led is offering. "Are there coals still from the camp's fire, not the pyre, so those could be cooked?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus gets up and silently watches all that is going around him, waiting for Beau and Marrik to get up so that he can practice on seeing magic again.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker awakens, and is tended to by Marrik. After healing the last of her wounds, he uses his power to heal what remains of his wounds. She quickly tends to breaking down camp, leaving a little trace as possible, just in case another group might come across your trail. She then quickly and easily finds the tracks left by the original raiders.

"They took two wagons with them, and a dozen horses. prisoners, looks like at least 15 walking. We would probably catch them in 2 or 3 days. However, those ruins are but a day away. Allowing for the slowness of prisoners, it will be a close thing indeed if we manage to catch them before they return to their lair. There looks to be eleven guards walking with the prisoners. And one riding upon a worg, if I read the tracks rightly"

Marrik looks around, and says, "We all know how Sir Pval would respond to this....by not responding. I cannot in good conscience turn my back upon these poor souls. I, at least, shall press on."-
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Help Skyseeker with breaking down camp, and then follow along watching her VERY closely as she does the tracking. Ask her for information on what she's doing, and how she comes to the conclusions she's coming to.

/ooc - I will acquire the Tracking feat at 3rd or 4th level.
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus talks to both Beau and Marrik. "I would like to attempt to see magic again, like some of my family could. I would like to have the ring and one of the potions so I can be sure that it is working."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

/ooc--Beau is not available until quite possibly Monday...so I'll NPC him for a bit here......

Beauregard and Marrik each hold out the requested items. The potion glows to your arcane sight, but the ring remains the same, simply a finely wrought piece of jewelry.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Seven Words wrote:She then quickly and easily finds the tracks left by the original raiders.

"They took two wagons with them, and a dozen horses. prisoners, looks like at least 15 walking. We would probably catch them in 2 or 3 days. However, those ruins are but a day away. Allowing for the slowness of prisoners, it will be a close thing indeed if we manage to catch them before they return to their lair. There looks to be eleven guards walking with the prisoners. And one riding upon a worg, if I read the tracks rightly"

The bard pales slightly as she hears this and wonders to herself, Two to one odds? Against orcs most likely? And we seem to be gaining new, unknown companions on the fly...
...although Led Pighp definitely seems capable of holding his own.
But the question is, can I?

Seven Words wrote:Marrik looks around, and says, "We all know how Sir Pval would respond to this....by not responding. I cannot in good conscience turn my back upon these poor souls. I, at least, shall press on."-
Hearing Marrik say he will press on, Laurel gives a slight nod of her head. That settles it for me then. Heading back to Hardy, she makes sure he had grazed enough, and supplies him with some fresh water. Then reloading the saddle bags so he could follow her comfortably, Laurel looks at the rest of the party and awaits their own decisions if they should continue on or not.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Staring at the tracks, Led ponders. "Our best bet is to free the prisoners and let them help us defeat the orcs. Not sure how we can arm them, but a barehanded fight with us on their side... that's better than they'll get in shackles, I'll wager. If we're careful, and we arrange things to our advantage, I think we can do this. I'm much better against orcs than against ghouls, I know that much."

Pray to Serloth for +1 on all knowledge checks for 1hr.

Knowledge (nature) check to know something useful about orcs and their weaknesses.

Knowledge (nature) check to know something useful about fighting against worgs.

Knowledge (geography) check to know if there are any human outposts nearby, from whom we can ask support / extra troups.
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”